Sign in to follow this  
Marioshata

There should be multiple jets in the release version

I would like each faction to have at least one transport, attack, and fighter aircraft, but it won't make me cry. Personally, I was getting damn well SICK of using the 1970-2010 tech, it's just getting so bland.

No F35 please, i think we already will have dogs in the game.

Ignoring any games like BF3 or call of duty, the F-35 and it's tech is actually an incredible aircraft and tool that various militeries care very greatly about. In real life a jet that doesn't need a runway is a very valuable aircraft. The F-35 is a very modern 5th generation fighter jet and has various models that are still in the testing faze but likely to enter service after the testing faze.

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

I think we should get a V-22 at least.

We need a fast transport unit!

The V-22 is incredibly useful because of its VTOL abilities and is something I would expect the Militery to use for a long time and improve on.

The V-22 is incredibly useful because of its VTOL abilities and is something I would expect the Militery to use for a long time and improve on.

The Chinnok, which the osprey is intended to replace, has been in active service for more than 50 years, the Osprey entered service in 2007... So...

Btw the Osprey has the advantages of a heavy helo ( it needs few space to land/take off, good space for cargo ) and the ones of the planes ( speed and altitude ). So to me should be a must have ( well it, or some kind of 'modern' version ).

The Chinnok, which the osprey is intended to replace, has been in active service for more than 50 years, the Osprey entered service in 2007... So...

Btw the Osprey has the advantages of a heavy helo ( it needs few space to land/take off, good space for cargo ) and the ones of the planes ( speed and altitude ). So to me should be a must have ( well it, or some kind of 'modern' version ).

The Osprey is actually designed to replace the CH-46 Sea Knight (And some older CH-53 variants), which are used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps, and the Osprey is only entering service in those two. The Chinook is used by the U.S. Army, and isn't getting replaced anytime soon.

(Though both the Sea Knight and Chinook have been flying since 1962)

Ignoring any games like BF3 or call of duty, the F-35 and it's tech is actually an incredible aircraft and tool that various militeries care very greatly about. In real life a jet that doesn't need a runway is a very valuable aircraft. The F-35 is a very modern 5th generation fighter jet and has various models that are still in the testing faze but likely to enter service after the testing faze.

The only incredible thing about the F-35 is that it´s a disaster.

Whenever you get something to do everything you will always end up with subpar results in each catergory. It will never be as good as a proper fighter jet, never be as good as a proper bomber, never be as good as a proper CAS plane.

It´s got the ability to lift of vertically (not fully loaded though from what i´ve read) but that very same feature has compromised the whole design of the aircraft.

It´s just one big compromise.

Heres hoping the huge submarine and Osprey that were in the early release pics of Arma3 are in game when I arrive at home tonight.

Heres hoping the huge submarine and Osprey that were in the early release pics of Arma3 are in game when I arrive at home tonight.

I don't want to throw a full bucket of cold water over you, but it's extremely improbable. Unless a secret community modder release them.

Futuristic setting? Needs a VTOL?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090214231037/halofanon/images/b/b7/US_VTOL.jpg (704 kB)

Come on BI (or at least modders) make it happen!

Edited by FrankDaTank1218

Why is everyone banging on about an F35 still?!

For all I care it wasn't needed. What it does need though are more NEW jets, I understand some have been confirmed but I fail to see why there was not at least another in the release to fight with...

Standing speculation is that the big submarine was never going to be more than a static prop, I'm afraid.

Standing speculation is that the big submarine was never going to be more than a static prop, I'm afraid.

That we could have attached to the SDV and had some real size sub fun, if they sort out the disabling of PhysX on vehicles that is.

Similar to what myself and no doubt others right now are doing to the large trawler. ;)

That we could have attached to the SDV and had some real size sub fun, if they sort out the disabling of PhysX on vehicles that is.
You mean starting a mission with the SDV parked atop the submarine and then driving away...
Similar to what myself and no doubt others right now are doing to the large trawler. ;)
Not gonna lie, I was nerd-raging when I swam my diver to the back of the Trawler but then he couldn't 'swim' up into surfacing and standing on the rear ramp, despite it being a static object.

You mean starting a mission with the SDV parked atop the submarine and then driving away...Not gonna lie, I was nerd-raging when I swam my diver to the back of the Trawler but then he couldn't 'swim' up into surfacing and standing on the rear ramp, despite it being a static object.

I'm pretty sure he means using the "attachto" command on the static sub and then using the SDV to drive it around like it was a big sub.

BI, do you know what i'll really miss in Arma 3?

Been able to get all my squad in a transport plane and fly through Altis from far away and then land in another airfield, deploy my troops and get ready for some battle nearby.

Isn't this RPG as well? Come on guys, please make this happen!

I aproove his rant. When I saw that only the Indy team has jets I could not believe it. Don't tell me Iran or the NATO don't have any fixed-wings aircraft, excluding UAVs. Also what the heck, no transport fixed wing either?? They improove the parachuting to the top, but nope, no transports for paratroopers. And prachuting from a chopper doesen't counts, at all.

They improove the parachuting to the top, but nope, no transports for paratroopers. And prachuting from a chopper doesen't counts, at all.

That's an excellent point, GummyBear.

You mean starting a mission with the SDV parked atop the submarine and then driving away...Not gonna lie, I was nerd-raging when I swam my diver to the back of the Trawler but then he couldn't 'swim' up into surfacing and standing on the rear ramp, despite it being a static object.

Then the rage when you couldn't quite get the speedboat to ramp up the back of it either.

Still, you can land a Littlebird on it, turns out it acts like the old cruiser and you cant really stand on it anyway. :(

I'm pretty sure he means using the "attachto" command on the static sub and then using the SDV to drive it around like it was a big sub.

Exactly that.

This whole thing is starting to get plane ridiculous. ;)

*mic drop*

Edited by Celery

Then the rage when you couldn't quite get the speedboat to ramp up the back of it either.

Still, you can land a Littlebird on it, turns out it acts like the old cruiser and you cant really stand on it anyway. :(

Darn... I'm left thinking of the "walking on moving ships" experimenting that was done by others such as mankyle, Gnat, TxT, Chops and others whose names I'm forgetting...

So, does anyone have any examples of CAS planes that could be used for Blufor and Opfor sides?

Haven't looked at the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet mod for Arma 3? John_Spartan and Saul ported their Arma 2 mod over to Arma 3 and it's been getting rave reviews here and on Steam's Arma 3 forums thread for it.

Also, as far as how the BI-made CAS aircraft are going, from SITREP #00026:

The two CAS airplanes are mostly finished in terms of their most detailed artwork Level Of Detail (LOD). They are now undergoing texturing and LODing, before handing them off to the encoding, audio and animation departments.

Problem for me with jets and default assets is scalability ,

1st is the speeds of the jets on a terrain measuring 27 km by 10

2nd is there armament and speed where AGM is concerned

First I think it's needed good air to air missions and second an aircraft carrier like on utes

I am not clued up on f35 maybe it's good for multi role on such a small terrain with no offshore takeoff , but jets alone is no solution because being hit by a missile that travels at mach2 on a 27km terrain in mp is not gameplay

Maybe I can be enlightened /informed

So, does anyone have any examples of CAS planes that could be used for Blufor and Opfor sides?

Why not just use one plane for both sides and give them different camo, they've done it for nearly everything else.