Sign in to follow this  
Marioshata

There should be multiple jets in the release version

They stopped F-22 so i don´t think there will be any problems with stopping a fiasco.

They stopped F-22 so i don´t think there will be any problems with stopping a fiasco.

that lacked the political backing the F35 has, the F35 is to much of a cash cow for all the people seeing kickbacks to let it go quitely

Who´s going to buy it? :)

Many of the countries that first decided to buy seems to backtrack.

Then you have the various factions of the US Military who probably won´t buy as many as they first said.

there is a lot of rage here in italy, because italy wants to buy like 10 of these piece of crap..even if our country don't even have the money to pay retirement funds to people :mad:

This is a BIF Public Service Announcement:

All users are requested to stop talking politics in this thread under the penalty of strongly worded private messages, warnings and/or infractions.

Be wise.

Be safe.

Be aware.

Just to let people know, this Arma 2 jet works fine with A3 with no AiA changes.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11188

Have to spawn it as empty of course, but it doesn't get stuck on runways like most A2 planes. Set cloud cover to 60% and spawn at 4000m to appreciate it.

Comparison of F-22 and PAK-FA.

http://aircraft.wikia.com/wiki/F-22_Raptor_versus_Sukhoi_PAK-FA

Quite interesting stuff,

Actually the former Russian prime Minister Putin claimed that the PAK-FA is superior to the F-22 in terms of Maneuverability, Weaponry and Range, he’s right, but that’s all.

This i had no idea about, I thought the F-22 was something out of this world in terms of maneuverability.

I don't know why people would be upset about only one fixed wing jet fighter in Arma, when Arma has by far some of the worst flight simulation and limited possibility for use.

One plane should be enough to satisfy most vanilla needs, the mods will add in everything you want eventually.

Me, I'm a flight simmer, but I will never ever touch Arma planes. Its just not made for it.

This i had no idea about, I thought the F-22 was something out of this world in terms of maneuverability.

What? No, the F-22 has average to good maneuverability. It came up even in dogfights with Eurofighters and what not. That's somewhat flattering for such a heavy aircraft, not to mention one that need never partake in dogfights if all goes well, but still. Not out of this world.

What?

?

what do you mean? I said i thought it was, not that it actually was.

Not everyone is an expert in 5th gen fighter jets.

I watched videos similar to this and it did some weird things i´ve never seen airplanes do, hence the "thought" it was completely superior in maneuverability.

But after i read the link i provided i watched some PAK-FA videos and even from a SU-37(?) where it did a maneuver which i think only that aircraft could do. While going straight it basically uses the whole airplane body as a brake.

It´s called something but my memory fades. Looks pretty spectacular. Cobra something maybe?

Edited by RushHour

I don't know why people would be upset about only one fixed wing jet fighter in Arma, when Arma has by far some of the worst flight simulation and limited possibility for use.

One plane should be enough to satisfy most vanilla needs, the mods will add in everything you want eventually.

Me, I'm a flight simmer, but I will never ever touch Arma planes. Its just not made for it.

Jets are awesome, 1 isn't enough!

@ TSAndrey : We already have two more jets confirmed as inbound, although both are CAS-oriented.

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself! :)

*edit*

whilst it may be crap for fixed wing aircraft, I find ARMA3 to be the BEST platform for use and employment of helicopters ie. from troop delivery to wreck recovery to CAS to SF troop insertions to (hopefully) paradrops. Heck, maybe even boat/sub delivery including frogmen (using the bus...the CH49).

@ TSAndrey : We already have two more jets confirmed as inbound, although both are CAS-oriented.

Would you mind give us the link of that info?

SITREP #00021:
Adding content post-release is not necessarily new for our games, and a tradition we've stuck with ever since OFP Cold War Crisis. Veterans may remember the free Ultimate Upgrade packages adding major vehicles such as the Su-25, Chinook, Vulcan AA, Kozlice shotgun and more. Another example was the addition of Warfare mode and USMC units to Arma 1. Some of the content will be brand-new and some is finished content shown in the past. Top priority for the artists now are two Close Air Support fixed-wing beasts, one for both primary factions. And there is more cool stuff to come!

Some nice maneuverability of the PAK-FA. at one minute it´s flying sideways. Looks like it´s breaking physics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnNNa_kmKyU

its very comparable to the F22. the pak, less stealthy, has better sensors, slightly slower, longer range, more weapon hard points.

and both are better then the F35 in every single way

I do agree jets are awesome, and one of the main reasons I bought ArmA II and III (except for DayZ). I mean, sure BF3 had jets, but the maps were so small. I mean, jets on 120km2+ maps, just AWESOME!

But that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Besides, I guarantee modders will mod in planes and jets.

I think they should have at least 1 jet for each faction. It sucks they will release only one for the Independents.

I know modders will add in plenty of fixed wings. Just sad BIS is only releasing one.

Its not gonna keep me from playing though.

... you missed the link on this very page about how there is going to be "at least 1 jet for each faction"? It's just that apparently only the AAF's was ready in time for September 12.

I guarantee they will just update all previous A2 assets with PHYSX and release them into A3.

There is no way one jet is good enough for BIS. That list is probably just showing "new to Arma" vehicles. Have you all forgotten how forward thinking BIS has been on every Arma installement to date?

" Have a little faith, baby. Have a little faith. " - Oddball.

I guarantee they will just update all previous A2 assets with PHYSX and release them into A3.

There is no way one jet is good enough for BIS. That list is probably just showing "new to Arma" vehicles. Have you all forgotten how forward thinking BIS has been on every Arma installement to date?

" Have a little faith, baby. Have a little faith. " - Oddball.

They're already working on two more jets, they're just not going to be done in time for the 12th of September.

and both are better then the F35 in every single way

Don't want to be a ** but I don't think Su PAK FA have even tested it weapon systems yet, so until there is a proof, F35 wins atleast on weaponry. And to be completely fair, any version of F35 is not a air superiority fighter but its role is to come on the second wave of attack and destroy lesser fighters and possible ground threat.

In arma 3 scenario I would love to see F35A, F22 (or even modernized version of it), and Su PAK FA.

I would like to see proper SEAD fighters over CAS planes.

And dam* good work on the Altis it just screams for carrier ops. :cool: