Sign in to follow this  
Marioshata

There should be multiple jets in the release version

what a bad choice by the way. a crappy jet which is not even in use.

Yet these are not the possibilities of aircraft and ideas of the community who lack

A plane that I would love to see in the game is the F-20 Tigershark, as the RAH-66 Comanche, it is a project that has been abandoned and whose technologies have been reused for other devices. This is an upgraded version of the F-5 with a single engine but thrust vectoring nozzle conferring him meuilleure capacity dogfight the F-16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_F-20_Tigershark

http://www.airlinebuzz.com/chickenworks/images/F20A_TexasANG.jpg

http://www.airlinebuzz.com/chickenworks/images/F20A_OregonANG.jpg

http://www.airlinebuzz.com/chickenworks/images/F20B_ArizonaANG.jpg

http://www.airlinebuzz.com/chickenworks/images/F20B_KansasANG.jpg

Sorry if I missed someone confirming this (I skimmed through this thread) but do all 3 factions share the Buzzard jet fighter? Either way, I am quite concerned with the lack of fixed wing in A3. Hopefully the helis can make up for it though.
According to the August 10th video, both of the Buzzard variants are AAF by default; this is based on the one being used in the video being drawn from the Empty "side" where its aircraft listing is accompanied by its default faction, though of course you could just set up a mission where it's a BLUFOR or OPFOR pilot who has to get into an empty Buzzard.

I boot up OA all the time just to fly over Takistan or Chernarus in a jet. I don't care if the controls are wonky, if the jets roll really really fast, and if they have a bad flight model. I like jets. I like flying. I have no doubt BIS has seen your complaints. BIS will release more jets. They care about the consumers. ArmA III is shaping up to be much more polished than previous installments and you have to respect how much Bohemia has been able to do.

I certainly hope there's more than one jet. At LEAST one per faction, anyway.

I boot up OA all the time just to fly over Takistan or Chernarus in a jet. I don't care if the controls are wonky, if the jets roll really really fast, and if they have a bad flight model. I like jets. I like flying. I have no doubt BIS has seen your complaints. BIS will release more jets. They care about the consumers. ArmA III is shaping up to be much more polished than previous installments and you have to respect how much Bohemia has been able to do.

I completely agree with this and I hope they understand it is just concern over the deviation from previous games as all previous titles had many fixed wing even a Cessna.

We just love fixed wing so much and no other sim/game offers ground detail where you can go from crawling on the ground and smelling the flowers to mach 2 at high elevation soaring through the sky otherwise trust me I would be playing it.

Just hope it doesn't take too long.

I have an opposite point of view. I think they should remove vehicles and keep removing them until they have sufficient resources to realize those that remain to a much higher level of fidelity. TAB lock system I'm looking at YOU!

By memory the original OFP only had the A-10 for a attack plane until they added the Su-25 later. To be honest I'd rather have the A-10 then what was shown in the preview video as it would be more useful. How about a official port from ArmA2 BIS ;)

Edited by AUS_Twisted

How about a official port from ArmA2 BIS ;)
I would even pay for an official DLC with upgraded working ArmA2 vehicles and aircrafts and maps.

I would even pay for an official DLC with upgraded working ArmA2 vehicles and aircrafts and maps.

maybe that's the hole point to go down the paid DLC ROUTE

By memory the original OFP only had the A-10 for a attack plane until they added the Su-25 later. To be honest I'd rather have the A-10 then what was shown in the preview video as it would be more useful. How about a official port from ArmA2 BIS ;)

There was a cessna for the civilian faction too, one more plane than ArmA 3

That's essentially what the buzzard is, I'm not so keen to buy the same assets twice.

There was a cessna for the civilian faction too, one more plane than ArmA 3

Yeah but it wasn't a attack aircraft unless you modded weapons onto it or dived into targets like some people did in MP lol.

That's essentially what the buzzard is, I'm not so keen to buy the same assets twice.

True, but would not mind having the A10, Harrier and SU34 back. The problem with current A2 assets is that they do not work properly in ArmA 3 and personally I can´t get AiA working at all. So if I can buy all assets as a DLC and have everything working then I don´t mind paying for it.

if the only fixed wing was an (a-11) a evolution of a-10 I would like more,

CAS is the way to go if the game is "infatary focused)

This is disappointing, but as long as they add more later (For free of course, don't nickel and dime me on standard air assets via priced DLC BIS, or I'll abandon you as quick as the BF series) then I can live with it. Yes, I can clearly see and understand why people are upset, but most people almost never use fixed wings in Arma, most mission's air assets exclusively feature transports via helos and CAS via Helos, only on occasion are attack jets in the A-10 mold used in mission, mainly air-to-air fighters are used even less. As long as the new MBT's work great, the UAV's are well-implemented, and my reasonably limited expectations for performance optimizations from the Beta is met on release. I will be satisfied too. Hell, I like to whine about A3 as well, but at the end of the day, the greatly improved flexibility of infantry movement alone makes it hard to go back to Arma 2, and I suppose if a sequel jumps far enough ahead to do that in it's main gameplay area (infantry) I would have to call it a success despite my several complaints.

welp, better pack up and close the company down, game won't sell with only one plane

it won't sell regardless of how many planes are in it. Arma 3 is in too bad a shape, critics will destroy it for lack of "fast-paced PvP" and single player campaign. the CoD crowd won't spend a dime on Arma 3. DayZ won't be made for it. so the only ones buying it are once again hardcore OFP fans and an odd bored gamer.

In arma 2 there was 9 jets in the vanilla game.

Off the top of my head, I can only count seven, three of which were ported from Arma

F-35

C-130

MV-22

SU-25

A-10

AV-8B

Su-34

What were the other two?

The L-39 and AN-2 were only included in Operation Arrowhead if I'm not mistaken.

There are five different jet planes in vanilla Arma 2.

I'm not concerned about the few fixed wing a/c in the coming release. Maybe there will be more in the future who knows? And even if BI will not add new model it will be just a matter of time to have great plane made by great addon makers. Also because I have always considered BI models of good quality but some addon makers can really come out with stunning work "just to mention rksl models"

And even if BI will not add new model it will be just a matter of time to have great plane made by great addon makers. Also because I have always considered BI models of good quality but some addon makers can really come out with stunning work "just to mention rksl models"

How many of the stunning airplanes by great addon makers are in regular use in Arma 2 missions so far? How many players are able to join your online game when you host a mission using those addon planes?

Strange how balance was a keyword used on every Alpha / Beta update in relation to new weapons or vehicles. In videos and posts they said that each time they added something for one faction, they had to add a similar weapon / vehicle to the other factions to balance things out.

Looks like balance is thrown out the window when it comes to jets. Or should I say jet.

Wrong, because the UAVs can provide the same level of CAS as the AAF Jet. And the AAF lacks an AA tank or an MBT altogether, so the AA variant of the Buzzard fills that role.

So in terms of "balance" it is balanced.

Your move.