The plane ..

Hey all,

Hamish is working on a Grumman Goose.

Here's an early pic.

Feedback and comments would be great.

In my opinion a seaplane is what OFP has been missing ... biggrin.gif

angled%20view.jpg

He s also started on a Hydrofoil.

Now all he needs is someone who can help him getting the goose into opf ! Any takers ?

Cheers

now its the question wont it have conflicts of beeing plane and boat at the same time when hitting the water

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 09 2002,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">now its the question wont it have conflicts of beeing plane and boat at the same time when hitting the water<span id='postcolor'>

that s something we need to find out if we can get the bird in ofp.

But i don t think it would be too much of a problem.

Only thing can be a problem. The floaters can be flipped up so i don t think we gonna be able to raise floaters and gear seperate.

Also we need to find a way that the plane doesn t put his gear down when getting low as is now the question i think with current planes.

Anyway, this is a big challenge, but that s really something that could be very useful in ofp.

1. No real transportplane available yet in ofp ( i think so )

2. Lotsa water :-)

3. Good civ or resistance plane

But we need to get some help with O2 and we need to know if it ll be worth our time ( if there is any interest ).

Cheers

BTW : Hamish is modelling this, and i m just being the bitch that s looking up pics and give lotsa comments on things that aren t right yet tounge.gif

Gears shouldn't be the problem, since they can probably be made so that there aren't any gears, just some small invisible blocks that move a bit when you use "Gears down/up".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 09 2002,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya, I think that would be pretty cool in OFP...what era is that plane from IRL?<span id='postcolor'>

IRL it was taken in service by the navy around 1938.

It s still widely used in civilian airtravel ( mostly canadian lakes and stuff i guess )

We are trying to make a version that can land on water AND land norsu. IRL it s also possible.

catalinaseaplanesWEB.jpg

Cheers

u don't NEED gears at all, the cessna doesn't have them (well it does but u can't use Gear up and gear down

yeah it fits good on a island like nogova like a transport for Everon to Malden it cant i know but you can make it fly in from sea to a island like its taveling from Everon to Malden biggrin.gif

Would be great for recon, and of course transport. The boat gets old too fast.

Actually, I think it is very do-able because you can just put the canfloat = 1 in the config file to make it float like a normal boat, in the same way that is done for the m113 and bmp.

Yes but have u ever gone into the water in an m113 at speed of like 100, it goes down back to 5 mph.

another good point of this plane is that it flys very slow (for a plane) i think.... so u dont have that problem that u cross everon in about 5 seconds.... it flys low and slow.... very good for föashpoint

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes but have u ever gone into the water in an m113 at speed of like 100, it goes down back to 5 mph.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm that would make the take off from water really hard, unless of course the vehicle speed in water can changed wink.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Aug. 10 2002,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes but have u ever gone into the water in an m113 at speed of like 100, it goes down back to 5 mph.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm that would make the take off from water really hard, unless of course the vehicle speed in water can changed wink.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe if we configure it more like a boat it will work.

Anyway, Hamish started over last night cause he didn t get they poly count low enough, cause he didn t pay attention to that with the first model.

I got to say that the new model looks very very good.

As soon as i got pics i ll post them.

Meanwhile we re still looking for anybody that can helpout with bringing this model into OFP.

Cheers.

if you need any testers for your plane im your man

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RavenDK @ Aug. 10 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but as Letterman says:

"Will it float?"

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We can always stick it on "crappy landingskills" tounge.gif

Ok,

Hamish completely started over because the previous model was way too high on polycount ( i think it was about 3000-3500 )

He made a new version of about 1400 now. In my opinion better then previous model too smile.gif

angled%20view.jpg

So we re still looking for anyone who can import it in O2.

We are not gonna do anything more about it untill we had a chance to look at it ingame and tweak the config to see if

1. it floats

2. it gets enough speed on water to takeoff

3. it doesn t loose speed drasticly when hitting the water

4. the landing isn t too tricky (for the less gifted pilots among us )

So any suggestions or anyone with o2 can help ?

Cheers

i would say the m113 slows down in water caus it goes reall slow in water must have speed set low, the boats go up to 80km/h, and boats take forever to stop, ive been waitin for a flyin boat catalina is my fav one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Aug. 11 2002,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i would say the m113 slows down in water caus it goes reall slow in water must have speed set low, the boats go up to 80km/h, and boats take forever to stop, ive been waitin for a flyin boat catalina is my fav one.<span id='postcolor'>

Catalina could be next, although we thought this was more suitable for OFP.

Hamish is making contacts so it could be we ll have it ingame next week to try test and tweak the config.

It s just that all the owners of O2 are so busy working for mods sad.gif

I was in Catalina the other day, took almost a rool of photos of the flying boats.

HI Everyone smile.gif nice to see all the good responses smile.gif

well the goose nears completion But Finding somebody with O2 and some time is proving dificult :'( But i might Be able to get it done today (Fingers crossed)

As for the next addon. if the goose works and lands on water im open to sugestions but so far it looks like u all want the catalina.

Btw Mike those Pics of yours would be very useful if i do Make the catalina. (I probbably will)

Well c u guys goto discover wheather she will float

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

*cough* My offer of tester still goes on

Keva. i may have something for u to test fly soon!

All I need is to sort out a cpp file. im reading all the tutorials i can get my hands on as it may be the fastest way to get it done. biggrin.gif

But Im almost there, Ull be the first to fly after jap and me smile.gif

Ne other test pilots out there. i need a few of u maybe up to 5. email me at cnchamish@gmx.net

C ya all around.... iv got to go do some reading wink.gif

P.S Keva. DONT CRASH IT tounge.gif