Sign in to follow this  
austin_medic

In Depth Damage Effects

In Depth Damage Effects

I decided to make this script after seeing how bland the default damage effects are. There is basically no penelty other than not being able to run, the small chance of bleeding out, and the small red effects around the edges of the screen. This script uses a variety of methods to add effects when you take damage such as blacking out for a few seconds, to having blurred vision, to having some small adjustments to your direction to try to throw you off a bit. This script is mostly made to add some more realism to the damage system already in the game, but it is only for 'eye candy', and has no impact on anything else. It will automatically stop the effects after your characters damage goes below 0.7. In other words, as soon as you use a medkit, the effects will stop.

Credit to coding for fixing some code. I've added some new effects to it and there should be another update for it going up on Armaholic today.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21951

Edited by austin_medic

Don't you mean it would stop if you go above 0.7? You stated below.

How much does the First Aid Kit repair vs the Medkit?

Sounds cool. Will have to check this out. Thanks.

No, he said if your damage level goes below 0.7 then the effects stop. 0 = no damage. 1= dead.

Makes sense. I had it backwards. Sorry.

Still used to the whole 'hitpoints' thing.

I have send austin an improved version with new features. I do not post it here because it is his script.

Edited by Coding

Getting all kinds of errors with this one...

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated this guys, I've been busy working on a new set of missions and scripts. An update should be up today for this script.