Sign in to follow this  
JohnnieConcrete

A Great Job by Bohemia

THANKS BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE

For keeping everyone up to date on all that happens and the unfathomable amount of effort that has gone into Arma 3

The community is what matters and there is'nt another games Co out there that has taken into account what the community wants

A massive round of applause and 3 cheers for Bohemia

Serious question,

Is this a troll? Because if it is it is a really bad one. I really hope it isn't and your a massive fanboi....

This is beyond sycophantic.

Just because a company makes a game or film you especially like doesn't mean they're your buddies. They're not a charity. They're a business.

Edited by Trent

FWIW, I never play the SP campaign anyway....I'm after ARMA3 for its MP gameplay as thats what keeps it going long term...esp when you add in mods like ACE/ACRE.

Good on you BIS....just release ALTIS and MBTs, and leave the community to do the rest...you'll be surprised! :)

so, we end up, calling people a troll or phyco, if he shows his love to a company, making his favorite games? Is it something wrong with me or you?

happens all the time with cod, bf etc etc. I see nothing wrong here.

I hear you, OP. The Island of Altis is going to be EPIC..... I love Bohemia Interactive as well. Over time, the community is going to add many many many vehicles and weapons. I believe that too many people are expecting too much with the Vanilla Release. ArmA is like fine wine....it gets better with age.

Part of the negative viewpoint is most likely due to the method of play testing. It's fairly new to many of us and in the past once you got your hands on the game that was more or less it, and it becomes difficult to break that mentality at times.

so, we end up, calling people a troll or phyco, if he shows his love to a company, making his favorite games? Is it something wrong with me or you?

^This

Also I personally don't really care about the campaign for Arma as a whole. I am here for MP and messing around on massive terrains. Bring on Altis!!!

So thank you Bohemia for not delaying the game 3-4 months, because I really want altis!

EDIT:

On a side note I can see how this could be a problem for people who have capped internet or no internet at all(if they bought retail version).

At the same time I don't see why people who spent money on the Alpha/Beta would be up in arms about no campaign. You bought it with no campaign and so why cry about something you never had in the first place, not to mention the fact that you will get it for FREE in the following months. If you really don't like that you don't get the campaign, A. why did you buy the alpha/beta (which doesn't have a campaign) in the first place and B. if it is such a problem (and you don't own the game yet) then wait for all the episodes to come out and buy it then. Act as if it were delayed.

Gamers these days...

/Rant

Edited by Scoggs

Keep on trucking BIS! The game is already a masterpeice in my eyes :ok:

You might want to hurry up a bit though, seems some modders are stealing a bit of your thunder :)

This is beyond sycophantic.

Just because a company makes a game or film you especially like doesn't mean they're your buddies. They're not a charity. They're a business.

They are pretty low on the scale of one to EA. They also enjoy playing their game as well!

Does this thread have anything to really discuss? Just saying "Thanks, you guys are great" isn't really constructive.

Yeap you are so right, it doesn't provide anything for the developers be it a happy customer or shown enthusiasm.

It doesn't help build esteem or show joy in the product much less act as a nice comment to help the day go and encourage a few warm fuzzies.

Developers should be miserable and the only comments made about their games should be discussions about what could be improved and how something might be missing or broken, we should always focus on the negative, pointing out what is wrong rather than share a few encouraging words.

The usually negative feedback on these forums are why I end up keeping the devs aware of off-forums feedback. :D

Wow. Sorry if I'm not adding much of significance with this post, but what a great amount of hostility here.

Wow. Sorry if I'm not adding much of significance with this post, but what a great amount of hostility here.

Welcome to BI Official forums! Get used to it :D

But yeah, it has been a bumpy ride, I can't agree with some decisions and am dissapointed at some facts but overall this will be the best game in the franchise without a doubt, be it vanilla or with some modifications. With BI extended support, even better.

I just hope they add much more vehicles and the number should be at least same as vehicle number form arma 2 !!

I would say this is more on a level of principle albeit mine.

One cant start a thread saying listen up devs you did a shite job. That would be closed in a minute/ told to go to first impressions or the like.

Actually here is the real Irony in my eyes.

In the two pages this thread has what 3 people who actually explicitly agreed with the OP(in this thread). If anything a thread like this is somewhat damning with faint praise.

and is to me somewhat on the low end of showing how much one cares about the dev team and the game.

The usually negative feedback on these forums are why I end up keeping the devs aware of off-forums feedback. :D

Ah I see A veiled jab at the devs intelligence. They are so stupid they dont know that facebook/reddit/pcgamer exist and need you to tell them. I am in awe of your linguistic skills.

Even ACM and the like of Brink managed a few good thank you threads throughout all the negativity and they kept it up for a while & still do.

Here what... 10 people "max?" appear to have overthrown the masses of the positivity crowd. Heck they cant even stick together and voice happiness in fellow thread?

Seems to me most of the happy camp arent that enthusiastic or thankful enough to hop onto the forums and say thanks.

(Oh wait.. these forums are pretty much the only place that is vaguely negative and suddenly the world is going to end BI devs are going to get depressed and /wrists)

That being said. Thanks BI Devs. I am not blindly optimistic or overly happy with all of your decisions but I do appreciate your hard work, late hours, and dedication to your vision. I may not always seem this way but I do love most of the game you have made. I guess that is why I am so "grumpy" I love you too much. You get that? I love you too much... Please dont get a restraining order.... You know I wont listen to it....

Edited by Masharra
CAnt be the only one who see's the posts condemnation of the negativity without adding any positivity.

These people don't escape to the "multiplatform moneyland" and continue to do an exclusive product that we like (and which they like) that no one else will do. It's a matter of respect.

These people don't escape to the "multiplatform moneyland" and continue to do an exclusive product that we like (and which they like) that no one else will do. It's a matter of respect.

probably the only time i've agreed with you. respect to bis.

On a side note I can see how this could be a problem for people who have capped internet or no internet at all(if they bought retail version).

Yeah, me too =). But take me for example - I spent 75 bucks for a game (wich is huge amount of money, considering that here in Russia PC games usually cost 20-40 bucks), I spent another 30 bucks to just download it and will spend even more with all those 3-part campain and other stuff. And I still consider BI the best game developer in the world and their work on Arma 3 fantastic. I don't understand where all this hatred with "I'm a paying customer - you HAVE to deliver ALL THE THINGS or else..." in 'development blog & reveals' thread is coming from.

Keep up the good work, BIS. You, guys, rock.

Very happy with Arma 3. I was blown away when the Alpha came out because I wasn't expecting such a good game, I was expecting Arma 2 with fancy graphics. Bit miffed about the lack of content at release and the cut railgun tank, but assuming they live up to their assertations that more content will come with the free DLC, then I'll be happy.

Sycophantic, are you serious? How would I gain anything by flattering people I've never met and probably never will.

Just because someone compliments a person/company doesn't make them a sycophant, Its being appreciative of a lot of hard work done by others

Arma 2 is still being patched after nearly 5 years and tonnes of people still play it, How many games out there are doing that? VERY FEW

It's funny how quick the moderators are to close threads, even neutral ones asking for comments on a game aspect, yet this one stays open when there are several duplicates he could have posted in.

Sycophantic, are you serious? How would I gain anything by flattering people I've never met and probably never will.

Just because someone compliments a person/company doesn't make them a sycophant, Its being appreciative of a lot of hard work done by others

You complimented them for telling us why the singleplayer would be delayed and why the game will go on sale unfinished.

It's funny how quick the moderators are to close threads, even neutral ones asking for comments on a game aspect, yet this one stays open when there are several duplicates he could have posted in.

If you have a problem with it, there is the Report Post option. Trolling the thread is discouraged.

You complimented them for telling us why the singleplayer would be delayed and why the game will go on sale unfinished.

I guess some people like to be upbeat, while others are downbeat....?

Anyways. It was a harmless gesture, and a positive one among so much negativity recently. Maybe that's why it stays :)