Sign in to follow this  
cleptric

No Vehicles in Victoria Crater

I've done some missions in the Victoria Crater. Now i have 3 Missons left, with a very bug worth. But i can't launch new vehicles? The field is disabled. Does the missons exist now, or will they be later implemented?

The missions exist, but you don't have the required tech level to perform those missions. I believe they require the ChemCam laser.

Don't take this as gospel because I haven't heard this confirmed, but I'm assuming that these missions can only have vehicles assigned to them and accessed when the required tech level has been reached. If you notice the monetary reward for these missions is higher than the previous ones, that would back up my theory.

Maybe an idea would be for the devs to introduce a way of indicating what the required minimum tech level is for a certain mission if what I have said above is correct.

Move on to the Kaisser missions next to build up your tech level would be my advice, that's where I am currently, and then hopefully you will be able to return to Victoria as and when you have the kit required to complete the remaining missions.

Edit: Ninja'd

Yes, this is the answer :D

But my Rover crashed and now i have no money left to do the missions with the T7 Rover -.-

Hmm, actually missions which are not within your tech level should not show up... Could you send a screenshot over please of the map with the mission selected?

I have those three missions as well, without a vehicle suggested for them. And since the mission descriptions do not give the slightest hint at what equipment is needed to complete the assigned tasks (it only gives the type of mission: explore, photograph, analyze - and e.g. analyze can then be everything: atmosphere, apxs, drill, scoop, radiation, ... but no way to really know for sure).

I also have them. I think it's because I've already unlocked Gale Crater, even though I haven't got any technology I can use there yet. If this is the cause then maybe keeping Gale Crater locked until the player has the required tech level could be a simple solution.

I can't confirm this theory - the only location I have unlocked so far is Victoria Crater.