Sign in to follow this  
Fragmagnet

40+ Weapons on release?

What the hell makes me think they'll add more later? Oh I dunno, maybe the fact they've added tons of content after release for all their games. And I never said they would be added in a month. They could be added at any time.

And yeah..the this isn't finished argument. Well is it finished? Answer is no, so yeah.

First rule of game development, Never promise anything. And they never did.

Lol wut? A split second more of thinking and I must say WHAT?

If you had said dont promise what you cant deliver.. Ok then but

Never promise anything? You are talking out of your rear good sir. Or rather if that is the first rule it is also the most broken rule

Edited by Masharra

;2461917']I think we are too influenced by ArmA 2 with these DLCs and his standalone.

How many weapons was in ArmA 2 when it was released ?

Oh' date=' and don't forget the new customization system for the weapons.[/quote']

http://www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk/arma-ii.html

I'm counting a little over 40 unique infantry weapons, not counting the attachment variants.

What the hell makes me think they'll add more later? Oh I dunno, maybe the fact they've added tons of content after release for all their games. And I never said they would be added in a month. They could be added at any time.

What were the tons of added aftermarket content for Arma 2 besides Eagle Wing?

lets hope the UAVs they're about to release wont have invisible driver like they did in ArmA2, you know how much that sucked!

http://www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk/arma-ii.html

I'm counting a little over 40 unique infantry weapons, not counting the attachment variants.

What were the tons of added aftermarket content for Arma 2 besides Eagle Wing?

This is what makes me worry. The "tons of added aftermarket content" in reality are Community made things, OA, DLCs. In Arma 2 they ironed bugs and improved the engine but I don't remember much more content coming out.

Yep - as far as I recall Eagle Wing was the only non-paid for aftermarket addition to the original A2. Don't get me wrong I love that BIS releases patches / fixes years after games come out and I have no problem for additional content packs (bought all PMC, BAF and ACR) but I'd really like some reassurance that the "free" releases significantly increase content from the "release" figures. I'm still really curious why NV and TI rifle scopes haven't been released for testing yet...

I'm still really curious why NV and TI rifle scopes haven't been released for testing yet...

Probably because they're functionally no different to how they were in OA so don't need testing.

That said, the fixed scope on the PCML is NV-capable

Probably because they're functionally no different to how they were in OA so don't need testing.

That said, the fixed scope on the PCML is NV-capable

Laser Designator has both NV and TI built in if you want to test them.

I would have liked an LMG, Designated Marksman and an Anti material rifle for the Green Team among the weapons on release.

Can't win them all I guess.

Is this less weapons than arma 2

Yes but no. There are fewer weapons as a whole, but there is a greater variety of issued weapons to the soldiers (in ArmA2 there was a whole bunch of weapons that were never used and were only seen in Armory).

I guess once again the community have to Finnish the job and add more weapons... Nothing new there then

Yes but no. There are fewer weapons as a whole, but there is a greater variety of issued weapons to the soldiers (in ArmA2 there was a whole bunch of weapons that were never used and were only seen in Armory).

Well, no standard loadout contains the TRGs, either.

Besides, I remember a post a few days ago where someone counted that Arma 2 also had more base variants than Arma 3 had. Of course, you could bring up the "Quality vs Quantity" issue, but honestly, the quality on the new weapons, while good, doesn't really exceed those of Arma2 or Arrowhead (while keeping in mind that those games are a few years older, so not counting higher texture resolution or polycount). The only real quality difference (and that IS a difference) is the sound. The reload animations are good, but nothing really spectacular.

We've not been shown the equipment of the FIA (guerillas) yet, it's possible they use the TRG.

We've not been shown the equipment of the FIA (guerillas) yet, it's possible they use the TRG.

It does say that the TRG is used by the guerrilla in the handbook. At least it did at one point, I hadn't checked in a while.

You're an obvious fanboi who can't see the shit for the pigs.

shit for the pigs? I'm sure, you have confused Arma 3 forums, with call of duty forums.

Besides, I remember a post a few days ago where someone counted that Arma 2 also had more base variants than Arma 3 had. Of course, you could bring up the "Quality vs Quantity" issue, but honestly, the quality on the new weapons, while good, doesn't really exceed those of Arma2 or Arrowhead (while keeping in mind that those games are a few years older, so not counting higher texture resolution or polycount). The only real quality difference (and that IS a difference) is the sound. The reload animations are good, but nothing really spectacular.

despite my criticisms now the CQB is Possible and pistols are usable and finally the reload animations givea soul to the player....like the veichles i prefer this amount of weapons but well made than tons with the same reload animation like in arma 2 (atrociuos)

despite my criticisms now the CQB is Possible and pistols are usable and finally the reload animations givea soul to the player....like the veichles i prefer this amount of weapons but well made than tons with the same reload animation like in arma 2 (atrociuos)

Yeah, CQB is possible with a sniper rifle or a heavy machine gun :|

What do you actually use pistols for ?

Yeah, CQB is possible with a sniper rifle or a heavy machine gun :|

What do you actually use pistols for ?

often before I go into a house, or turn an angle are more stables or in closed ambient

a feature i would love to see is the game let's take the xm307/312 it has timed airburst rounds wich means you lase a bulding fire the round through a window and the round detonates in the center of the room depending on how you set the timer and the distance

waterhiro did it with his k11 oicw for a2 and it worked but what about a weapon like the oicw oicw2.jpg im sure a weapon like that fits in 2035

a feature i would love to see is the game let's take the xm307/312 it has timed airburst rounds wich means you lase a bulding fire the round through a window and the round detonates in the center of the room depending on how you set the timer and the distance

waterhiro did it with his k11 oicw for a2 and it worked but what about a weapon like the oicw http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/assault/as40/oicw2.jpg im sure a weapon like that fits in 2035

There's an XM25 mod released.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20735

There was one tenuous official pic of an XM25 in A3 but it hasn't appeared again since.