Sign in to follow this  
Fragmagnet

40+ Weapons on release?

In beta, we currently only have 20 weapons.

Even if you do count variants as weapons.

That's still only 30.

So either Bohemia miscounted, or they have some weapons ready to be tested in the final beta patch before release.

Hopefully static machine guns and such.

Also where's my future M60?

1 ACP-C2 .45

2 GM6 Lynx 12.7mm

3 Katiba 6.5mm

Carbine

GL

4 M320 LRR .408

5 MK18 ABR 7.62mm

6 MK20 5.56mm

Carbine

EGLM

7 MK200 6.5mm

8 MX

Carbine

3GL

Support Weapon

Marksman

9 P07 9mm

10 PCML

11 RGO (Grenade)

12 Rook-40 9mm

13 RPG-42 Alamut

14 Scorpion EVO-4 9mm

15 SDAR 5.56mm

16 Titan MPRL

Compact

17 TRG-21 5.56mm

-20(Carbine)

EGLM

18 (Underbarrel Grenade launcher)

GL

3Gl

EGLM

19 Vermin SMG .45 ACP

20 Zafir 7.62mm

Edited by Fragmagnet

Page has been updated I guess to list them.

MX assault rifle variants

Katiba assault rifle variants

TRG assault rifle variants

Mk.20 assault rifle variants

ACP C2 pistol

Rook 40 pistol

P07 pistol

Zafir machine gun

Mk.200 machine gun

ABR - marksman rifle

M320 LRR rifle

GM6 Lynx rifle

Titan launcher variants

PCML launcher

RPG 42 launcher

Vermin SMG

Scorpion SMG

PDW SMG

Variety of mines

Static mortar

Static GMG variants

Low, raised and autonomous

Static HMG variants

Low, raised and autonomous

Static AA variants

Static AT variants

I hope that PDW SMG is F**kin' special;-) I still reckon it's an MP7 PDW ......ahh the days of heavy and light MG's for each side......

I think they count variants. I.e the Borderlands style of counting. 1 bazillion guns.

Mines and explosives count aswell?

Disappointed to not see M4 and AKs because of the animations related to them which are the base for many other firearms. Few weapons anyway =\

Thats crap. For a future battlefield we have surprisingly few weapons. :(

Where are the shotguns?

I mean this shotgun:

Edited by danny96

And sniper rifle, only M320 and GM6 ? :(

Both of which are huge rifles. Where are the medium sniper rifles like M24s and the like?

And sniper rifle, only M320 and GM6 ? :(

Those are Anti-Material. Normal sniper rifles aren't even in-game :/

where do you find this information ?

The MXM and the ABR are regular sniper rifles.

I think we are too influenced by ArmA 2 with these DLCs and his standalone.

How many weapons was in ArmA 2 when it was released ?

Oh, and don't forget the new customization system for the weapons.

Well, the GM6 Lynx also serves as an anti-personnel sniper rifle, another sniper rifle would be redundant. And the M320 is anti-personnel, not anti material.

another sniper rifle would be redundant

Yea I always hated in arma 2 having to choose. m24, m40, m110, m107, SVD, KSVK. Damn them an their redundant sniper rilfes!

Oh couldnt the same be said about assault rifles?

wait, these will be the only weapons in the final game? like really!? no shotguns!?!? WTF!

did not know about this...

Yea I always hated in arma 2 having to choose. m24, m40, m110, m107, SVD, KSVK. Damn them an their redundant sniper rilfes!

There is just too many, I cant find my SAW in the weaponsbox because of them.

Btw will we get a silencer for the .408? If we dont then we definetly need a normal sniper with silencer.

Oh couldnt the same be said about assault rifles?

More sniper rifles would be nice, but before expanding current weapon categories they need to create some shotguns, finish the XM-25 and add more jets and civilian vehicles.

It's still a failure on BIS's part, but I'm not very worried about weapons since there are a lot of weapon packs/mods, but high quality vehicles on the other hand, are something that we really need.

It's anti-materiel rifle. It's meant to be used against equipment and such. Not different materials.

Also a sniper with a suppressor seems kind of pointless, because if you're close enough for them to respond in any short amount of time, you should be using a designated marksman's rifle. Not a sniper.

More sniper rifles would be nice, but before expanding current weapon categories they need to create some shotguns, finish the XM-25 and add more jets and civilian vehicles.

It's still a failure on BIS's part, but I'm not very worried about weapons since there are a lot of weapon packs/mods, but high quality vehicles on the other hand, are something that we really need.

What's a failure? That they went a certain way with weapons and it's a failure because YOU aren't happy?

What's a failure? That they went a certain way with weapons and it's a failure because YOU aren't happy?

Thats typically how you judge failure.

The failure is that the amount of weapons and vehicles hasn't lived up to the expectations of the community, they've promised 40+ weapons, yet if you look at the countdown page, you'll see that there are less weapons, specifically shotguns and the XM-25.

And the fact that there's only 1 jet, after 3 years of development, and a small amount of vehicles overall (compared to A2 without expansions, see here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Vehicles), is a sign of a failure

First rule of game development, Never promise anything. And they never did.

Fact is we don't know what happened to them. They could be saved for future release bundled with the campaigns. They could have been moved into other DLC's we don't know about yet. Come back in a year and a bit after the DLC and major patch work has been done and then you may try call something which isn't finished yet a "failure".

First rule of game development, Never promise anything. And they never did.

Fact is we don't know what happened to them. They could be saved for future release bundled with the campaigns. They could have been moved into other DLC's we don't know about yet. Come back in a year and a bit after the DLC and major patch work has been done and then you may try call something which isn't finished yet a "failure".

yeah...the isn't finished yet argument...

we are A MONTH from release date...what the hell make you think that they will add in a month? it's even stated in the last sitrep that they will stop adding content before release (well that's sarcasm, in 4 months of alpha i saw them add 2 snipers, 2 trucks, 2 apc's, some helos and nothing else...) and then they will focus on bugfixing.

the campaign won't even be on release.

basically we will get alpha + altis map.

for me that's a BIG failure.