Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

what types of DLC would you vote for?

what types of DLC would you like :)  

171 members have voted

1. 1. what types of DLC would you like :)

• DLC like BAF, PMC etc... (larger less frequent content)
    • DLC like units, planes, vehicles etc.. (smaller but more frequent)
    • DLC that are feature based (community wishes maybe axed features)

what types of downloadable content would you guys vote for.

hopefully give BI some sort of idea what the community are after :)

for example.

- DLC's like BAF, PMC etc... (not suggesting remakes - just examples)

- DLC's like vanilla campaigns, more missions, more units (tanks, air, infantry - so smaller more frequent DLC content)

- DLC's that are feature based (community wishes)

- OR COMMENT BELOW IF YOU WANT BIG OL' EXPANSIONS LIKE ARROWHEAD :D

so go ahead and vote :yay:

Edited by tyl3r99

An expansion pack based on naval warfare or aerial warfare

Features such as bipods shouldn't cost money, they should be included in a free update

Although I voted for DLC akin to BAF and PMC, I would hope they would introduce new, improved or community requested features while releasing it in the form of Lite versions of the DLC so all can benefit.

keep the votes coming :) and pinky I think its a multiple choice poll :)

I don't think feature based DLC would be viable, at least in the majority of cases.

With content DLC like BAF and PMC they have always included low quality versions in the base game to maintain MP compatibility. This isn't really possible with engine features.

I bet there will be a PLA DLC, cause in the latest interview video(PCGame.de), I noticed a type95 rifle in the room, so I guess it must be used for 3D model reference and anims capture

Can I be greedy and ask for everything ? Seems like most of my Arma1 and 2 time was/is spent on maps and games which are a combination of all of them and I find it hard to pick just 1 or 2.

cj

a selection of MAP DLC would be very cool actually :)

I don't think feature based DLC would be viable, at least in the majority of cases.

With content DLC like BAF and PMC they have always included low quality versions in the base game to maintain MP compatibility. This isn't really possible with engine features.

I guess so, but maybe something is better than nothing :)

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

ArmA1/2 backwards compatibility DLC. Fixed versions of all that content.

who knows but I doubt it as BI are helping KJU with AiA

I bet there will be a PLA DLC, cause in the latest interview video(PCGame.de), I noticed a type95 rifle in the room, so I guess it must be used for 3D model reference and anims capture

The type95 is ergonomically quite similar to a KH2002 (Katiba) so they probably just used that.

- DLC's like BAF, PMC etc... (not suggesting remakes - just examples)

- DLC's like vanilla campaigns, more missions, more units (tanks, air, infantry - so smaller more frequent DLC content)

A mix of these.

I'd like to see a French Army DLC ( as I dunno whether OFrP will be on ArmA 3 or not...) and another DLC about modern/current vehicles/gears/weapons etc...

And of course, some SP missions and a campaign for each DLC.

BTW, is BIS helping kju for AiA?

Easy one. Feature-based DLCs OFC. Community is really neat in modding armies, vehicles, islands etc.

I'd like to see all of it... I just have visions of a sh!t tonne of vehicles and infantry roles all battling it out in a massive expanse of land.

Like, 200vs200 minimum :D

I can dream :(

None, put it all into the main proggie thanks, my 70€ tell you I mean it and am willing to wait a bit longer if need be.

ArmA1/2 backwards compatibility DLC. Fixed versions of all that content.

This! When the campaign plot originally had an arms dealer character I had a dream they would have a stock-pile of old weapons and vehicles that would comprise of this....... ahhhh

arma1/2 backwards compatibility dlc. Fixed versions of all that content.

sold!

Do what Advanced Squad Leader did, each expansion was a full order of battle.

Instead of getting BAF without things like MBTs because it didn't match the story of the DLC sell us "The British Army", complete with all the units and vehicles and weapons we expect from a major side/faction. Maybe have a showcase or whatever or even one or two SP missions, but the toys is what it's all about.

This would match their "sandbox" vision for ArmA now. Maybe have smaller ones too like Civilians or Terrorists or Ambient kind of packs.

• Like 1

Further agree w/ kylania here. It's just the thought of being able to plonk down whatever units I'd like, (brits all the way!) so I wouldn't have to be stuck with "only that SDV" or the "only helo" in such and such a faction...

With several units one can just pick n' mix :D

a selection of MAP DLC would be very cool actually :)

let the community making maps in some cases they're even better than BIS ones (no offense BIS), and absolutely for free, this is another thing that makes arma games unique and great

Obviously I'd like to see more content and will be happy to pay for DLC as long as it's nothing like ACR.

What I'd hope for though, is expansion like AO was but even more focused on pushing the engine limits away. There's massive pool of features that the community has been asking for ages...

I would like a big ol' OA style expansion with US/ANZAC/SK/Japan fighting the Chinese expansionists mentioned in storyline.

It is my dream that they would go around doing content for countries. 1 map for germany 1 map for spain etc etc and the corresponding countries army+ weapons. That way I can get my mission making on :P