Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

[Poll] Your favorites ArmA 2 campaigns / missions

Hi guys.

It's a poll but with no choice ;)

What were you favorites SP campaigns or SP missions on ArmA 2 and which one of them would you see ported on ArmA 3?

EDIT:

Can be official ones or usermade ones.

Edited by Wiki

PMC campaign I actually enjoyed enough to play all the way through

The only A2 campaign that I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish was Eagle Wing. I liked the concepts behind Harvest Red, but I felt it was poorly executed.

Harvest Red was good except for the Warfare missions. PMC had its high and low points, but had soul. BAF was very good but short. Arrowhead was predictable and boring.

EW was awesome, everything else was mediocre to bad to awful

Harvest Red (Excluding Warfare), Eagle Wing, Crimson Lance (It was good but got disappointed by its length), Black Gauntlet, Forgotten Few

CWR2 Cold War Crisis and Resistance :)

Campaigns that are included in the release of a game are the ones that I like the most..

bth_troll-face-meme.png

From all the BIS campaigns, I liked Harvest Red the most. OA one went boring fast, and the retarded AI I had to give commands made me stop playing after a couple missions allready.

Edited by ltsThomas

BAF - Being a Brit, it felt nice for it not to be the USA for once. Agree with a previous post though - too bloody short.

Agree about it being too short, but yet again, we were always the leader.

I liked the link between the SP mission "Merlin" and the beginning of Crimson Lance.

However, from my point of view, here are the best campaign in ArmA 2 - and I'd like to see all of them ported to ArmA 3

CWC from CWR Mod

Opération Cobalt and Blood on the sand by Zipper5

100 Days by RCMW

SEAL Team Devgru and Operationnal Detachment Delta by Sick1

Opération Licorne and Operation Gothic Serpent by Wiki

CIPHER - hands down. Kept me playing A2 for years. Each and every re-plays have been outstanding for some reason.

ThomsonB's Flashpoints for a quick and intensive SP experience.

From bis Eagle Wing.

Usermade campaigns: 100days, Chasing Grim Reaper, Op. Cobalt and Blood on Sand, sick1's Op. Detachment Delta and Devgru. All campaigns made by you Wiki ;), Cwc and Resistance from Cwr2, Hammer of Thor.

Sp missions: all missions from Sander and Forggoten Few by King Nothing.

I really liked some of the scenario missions but the camapigns didn't have much to enjoy about.

And usermade. I really enjoyed Namalsk Crisis campaign.

I really should play more usermade scenarios and campaigns.

From bis Eagle Wing.

Usermade campaigns: 100days, Chasing Grim Reaper, Op. Cobalt and Blood on Sand, sick1's Op. Detachment Delta and Devgru. All campaigns made by you Wiki ;), Cwc and Resistance from Cwr2, Hammer of Thor.

Sp missions: all missions from Sander and Forggoten Few by King Nothing.

I have to absolutely agree with tom3kb on all these choices!

Sick1 was a master and a head of his time. I wish he would come back to BIS:yay:

100 days damn fine camp. Hope he comes up with more!

h34dup has Lions of kanadahar. Can't wait for his next camp!

SaOK and Chasing Grim Reaper

Clayman with Zero

King Nothing

nettruckers Hammer of Thor

Animal mother

Cobalt

McLupo has some fine missions

CWR2

Damn, just so many to mention.

Harvest Red was good except for the Warfare missions. PMC had its high and low points, but had soul. BAF was very good but short. Arrowhead was predictable and boring.

This man pretty much says what I felt, except I enjoyed certain parts of the Arrowhead campaign. And Army of the Czech Republic gave me both CWC and Harvest Red vibes.

As for single missions - I really enjoyed Merlin and Wildcat from BAF. I rather enjoy doing Heli-based CAS (Only really possible in the Wildcat mission because insurgents lack the AA available in ArmA 3) and transport/evac/csar missions.

On the Usermade front - That's a lot harder, I didn't really play many usermade campaigns, but I did really enjoy Op Cobalt. Singlemissions... Op Black Thunder by Toasticuss sticks out in my mind.

Edited by Ravenholme

Thomsonb's Flashpoints were my favourite, simply because they could turn out so different every time.

Also Markb50k's apocalypse dynamic map takeovers.

Cipher as well....

I mainly like the dynamic stuff best, story based scripted missions are good for one play though.