Sign in to follow this  
Polygon

Official A3 campaign thread - discussion, wishlists & more

...it is very far from the quality of the deep storyline immersion, interest and creativity OPFP1985 and ARMA & ARMA2 campaigns had ...

You must be joking.

Edited by St!gar

what you were thinking when you were creating this campaign? why the weapons , ammo and items i loot from the downed enemy soldiers do mysteriously disappear when i get to another mission in the camp?

this has been since the beginning of arma series, there is no way to store neither continue the missions with personalized loadout, what a shame

you picture a military camp and there are supposed to be barracks or something, why nobody thought of creating a personal ammo chest where we would drop and STORE in there all the gear we loot?, i mean seriously

It's a bug and they know it. No need to be overly dramatic.

There are known issues related to weapon persistence while progressing through the episode. We are mostly interested in issues related to progression at this stage (e.g. getting stuck entirely).

Edited by Sniperwolf572

why do some people, don't read/know, this would save their butthurts a lot, when they are parcipiating at DEV branch? From reading the thurstdays changelog, everyone could read, that the weapons might not save in progression.

You must be joking.
Pretty much why people don't take metalcraze seriously, this campaign was evidently designed specifically to NOT be the Arma 2 campaigns (though, if metalcraze is calling it "PMC2", then it's along the same lines that BI was already going in in moving away from "Harvest Red" and "Operation Arrowhead") and designed in response to player complaints about them.

Pretty much why people don't take metalcraze seriously, this campaign was evidently designed specifically to NOT be the Arma 2 campaigns (though, if metalcraze is calling it "PMC2", then it's along the same lines that BI was already going in in moving away from "Harvest Red" and "Operation Arrowhead") and designed in response to player complaints about them.

thers way to much attention to that "all the world spins around me" kid.

What do people desire from A3 campaign in the first place? Actiony hollywood military action, a blend that and tactics or a feeling content is true to military-like life (which was presented in OFP)?

OFP presented an interesting miltary life with all its ingredients - you've got to drive stuff, transport troops, scout, patrol, your feet in the mud early. A3 may feel more confined, too much of "straight to the point" and lacking basic military tactics logic so far. There's tons of unanswered questions that answers', if turn out true, would've put Maxwell to misery already.

I could list lots of inaccuracies, bad decisions etc. But it's pointless as we've got to show off satisfied with given content.

What do people desire from A3 campaign in the first place? Actiony hollywood military action, a blend that and tactics or a feeling content is true to military-like life (which was presented in OFP)?

OFP presented an interesting miltary life with all its ingredients - you've got to drive stuff, transport troops, scout, patrol, your feet in the mud early. A3 may feel more confined, too much of "straight to the point" and lacking basic military tactics logic so far. There's tons of unanswered questions that answers', if turn out true, would've put Maxwell to misery already.

I could list lots of inaccuracies, bad decisions etc. But it's pointless as we've got to show off satisfied with given content.

A3 is only following one character, and honestly, that one character wouldn't be doing all that stuff, if it's true to military life as you say.

no need to mention, everyone who want "true to life" experience, should get VBS (perhaps it's more to your hardcore milsim taste)

A3 is only following one character, and honestly, that one character wouldn't be doing all that stuff, if it's true to military life as you say.

When you think about it it's kind of like OFP, Kerry takes the role of Armstrong: Drive trucks, shoot things, take orders. Miller, on the other hand, is a bit of a mix between Gastovski, the badarse operative, and Troska, the guy who dislikes the war but knows it has to be won and is also in charge. So I see it being possible that a lot of the gaps in terms of assets used by the player in the campaigns will be filled if/when we take control of Miller.

Seeing the end of the 1st episode, I DO hope we won't spend too much time with the resistance like we did in ArmA 2.

Maybe people like it, but I'm not into the guerilla thing - I prefer bigger operations with armed forces.

4 hopes for the others episodes:

-longer campaigns with more missions

-not too many missions as squad leader (I don't wanna spend my whole time managing the AI in episodes 2 and 3)

-no warfare mod AT ALL - as it DOES suck in SP

-different roles during the NATO strike back like SF guy, helicopter/plane pilot, tank crewman etc...

The "radio silence" mission is frustrating me. Are the mortars supposed to be completely worthless? In OA they had pretty good accuracy. Now it's like flipping a coin.

Below may or may not be a spoiler but I can't find how to do it.

For example: I call in 1 round to land on the guard tower. It lands about 20 feet in front of it. This time I gave coordinates targeting 20 feet behind it. It landed 20 feet in front. Another, targeted dead center for the guard tower and it landed 30 feet behind it and 20 feet to the side of it.

I used every single round without hitting anything I aimed at. And I did use the proper way to do this. Actually 1 did land on the HQ which is one I am supposed to hit, but it was hit when I was aiming at a different one.

The "radio silence" mission is frustrating me. Are the mortars supposed to be completely worthless? In OA they had pretty good accuracy. Now it's like flipping a coin.

Below may or may not be a spoiler but I can't find how to do it.

For example: I call in 1 round to land on the guard tower. It lands about 20 feet in front of it. This time I gave coordinates targeting 20 feet behind it. It landed 20 feet in front. Another, targeted dead center for the guard tower and it landed 30 feet behind it and 20 feet to the side of it.

I used every single round without hitting anything I aimed at. And I did use the proper way to do this. Actually 1 did land on the HQ which is one I am supposed to hit, but it was hit when I was aiming at a different one.

Yes, they are meant to be worthless.

Yes, they are meant to be worthless.

We need a special ammo not used by default for missions that need accuracy, same stats but fantastic accuracy.

Or something.

I got frustrated and just called them all in on the place with the most enemies.

Pretty much this... I wouldn't have even made it a Task (read: could be failed) and simply be "oh hey, we have only eight rounds left, make them count!" of 'take out as many as possible' simply to make it easier to take the base.

well, just called all strikes in the base centre, got pretty much like 80% of the enemies at the base. Just need to use it properly.

I didn't realize I only needed to kill enemies. The task specifically says to take out the guard towers. I wiped out a bunch of people once and the mission failed. But thinking about it, isn't mortars about the worst thing you would want to do anyway? I mean it's the most important thing on the island. If you don't accidentally take out the radar itself, Don't you think it relies on more than just the actual radar? I mean all the equipment and computers and etc could be in the buildings next to it. Everything is probably wired together, hitting the wrong building can make the operations of it useless. No one in their right mind would risk anything more than precision strikes on the compound.

And I didn't want to bring this up but putting a showcase mission in the campaign is bad form. This game really wasn't ready to release yet was it? At the very least, you should have took the 5 minutes it took to copy and paste the showcase into the campaign, to improve other aspects of the campaing or missions if you couldn't throw a mission together. And for those who think the showcase was created FROM the campaign, then it shouldn't have been made a showcase. More re-used material.

Oh, and you do realize Maxwell would have been disentigrated in real life if war was like campaign. Everyone wiped out and guys are sitting around? Out in the open with equipment in plain sight. A blackfoot down that close and guys are sitting around?

Seeing the end of the 1st episode, ...

How much time take the campaign to be completed?

I´ve just finished the campaign and I had a pleasant surprise: I´ve read at least 8 brazilian names (or are those portughese?) in the final credits (and 2 on the initial credits), may I ask how many brazilians have been working with the campaign and/or ArmA3?

BTW, loved the campaign so far, but I guess we´re all having to wait till the end of november (or Adapt is coming a little earlier than planned?) for more...

cheers!

;2544798']BTW' date=' loved the campaign so far, but I guess we´re all having to wait till the end of november (or [b']Adapt [/b]is coming a little earlier than planned?) for more...

I believe there is no settled date yet for the next episode ( at least I couldn't find it ), so I guess it could take one or two months ( hopefully less ).

;2544798']I´ve just finished the campaign and I had a pleasant surprise: I´ve read at least 8 brazilian names (or are those portughese?) in the final credits (and 2 on the initial credits)' date=' may I ask how many brazilians have been working with the campaign and/or ArmA3?

BTW, loved the campaign so far, but I guess we´re all having to wait till the end of november (or [b']Adapt [/b]is coming a little earlier than planned?) for more...

cheers!

Probably Portuguese.

Some questionable tactics ... for example, squad leader leads you into a gully right below a paratroop ambush (you see them falling and setting up) and you have to Rambo it out, head-to-head and outnumbered, against the paras. You would think making a break for the coastline would be the best route (flanking attack options limited and the option to take some higher ground and outflank the enemy). Try to break towards the coastline and you get smucked by a mortar round (or so it seems).

At the end, I'm running to the rescue boats and getting shot at from behind .... the boat's vulcan cannon gunner is daydreaming like he's on a cruise instead of providing me with covering fire. No wonder the "Greenies" are wiping the floor with BLUEFOR.

Edited by MissionCreep

1.4 GB released right now.

The fact that the official campaign isn't going to be MP compatible doesn't necessarily mean the community won't be able to host their own.

NOT?!? oO

Damn, i looked forward to play the campaign (similar to A2) with my clanmates ...