Sign in to follow this  
moondrift47

CTD at carrier death scene

I'm Getting a CTD after the enemy carrier death scene is played. haven't had this problem in a long time. Could you tell me what I need to do to get rid of this bug?

the screen says:

unhandled exception

carrier command/gae mission\ carrier.exe

reason: access violation illegal read by 10001690 at 8

[enf::CStr::IsEmpty]:??? addr:0x10001690

Thanks

Need more info really, is it beta or non beta? Which exact version? Are you playing with minimum specs or less? Are you 64bit or 32bit windows? Are you playing in restricted/non admin account?

Im running version 1.6.11.

32 bit windows vista

4gb ram

Ge force 9800gt card

Quad core intel cpu

I have been playing this since thebp&c days and had no problems. I am running deadly islands mod but no one else seems to be having same issue

Since you are running Deadly Islands, can I ask if you are getting this crash every time? Is it happening after the cutscene has finished, or just as it is about to start? If it is a repeatable crash, can you save the game just before it occurs, then try resuming from that game unmodded and see if it still happens. Also, is that the entire crash report, or are there parts you missed out, specifically any references to anything like "null pointer to instance", or any of the files ccgame.c or classic_campaign.h ?

Hi,

I have the same question. Did it happen without Deadly Islands mode on ?

Thanks

Thanks for the responses guys,

yes I tried this with out the mods and it still does the same. the end of the message says JIT must be enabled. I am trying to update Java now and see if that helps. It only happens after the cut scene finishes just when the loading screen comes back on. Really puzzled as I have had nothing like this since the P&C beta stage.

I have saved the game just before the crash happens i.e half way through killing the enemy carrier. How do I post it here so you guys can finish the carrier off and see if it happens to you?

thanks

already had a report on there for the issue so I have attached the strategy main save to this one, is this the one that i saved latest?

started a new game with exactly the same perameter but this time there is no crash after cut scene. Must have been a glitchy save game. Sorry for the hassle guys and thanks for the support.