Sign in to follow this  
eraser1

Cave Assault v1

Cave Assault is a fun mission made by =OSF=eraser1. Blufor has 30 minutes to attack a hidden cave held by Opfor. A Blufor unit has to stand in the cap point for 10 seconds (it will be hinted when the unit is in the cap area, and when he has left), and Opfor will be hinted when a Blufor unit has entered the cave area and if/when he stands in the cap point. Both sides have plenty helicopters, armor/transport, boats, SDV's, as well as a vehicle service pad. All vehicles respawn in the game at the starting point. Blufor can teleport to a staging island (with a small transport chopper, boats, and SDV's), and Opfor can teleport directly to the cave. Infantry fatigue is disabled (unlimited sprint, aim unaffected by running). Mission size is currently 20v20, and it can be increased/decreased to whatever you prefer. Remember to copy/paste the init line of the pre-existing soldiers onto the new soldiers, or they won't have unlimited sprint (unless that's what you prefer).

To do:

-Implement a ticket respawn system for Blufor, so Opfor wins after ~100 Blufor lives are taken (can be adjusted).

-Clean up the scripts/triggers (if somebody teaches me how :-| ).

-Allow people to choose loadout.

-Allow people to customize loadouts and create classes (if somebody teaches me how lol).

-Any other things you suggest me to do :)

Known Issues:

Briefing/credits in the map do not work for JIP (Join in Progress) players.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/90h7bwrny0rpzg5/CaveAssault.Stratis.pbo

P.S.: This is my first mission in ArmA 3. Please try it out and let me know what you think. I know I could do things a lot better in the mission, but I lack the scripting know-how to do any better. If you have any suggestions and are willing to help, add me on xfire/steam: "hackinz", and/or leave a post below. Thanks!

Credits:

I really appreciate the help of these forums and that of ArmaHolic in the scripts and technical support they have provided. I could not have made this mission without the help of the forums unless I went and learned how to script myself, which I probably would not have done. I thank the writers of the different scripts for making their work public, and forum posts with constructive responses to those who have faced similar issues I have.

Changelog:

v1.1:

-Upon consulting my clanmates, I found that finding the cave proved too difficult if nobody played as diver and got in an SDV, so I made it visible as an objective marker to everyone.

-U.S. Divers now respawn with init lines.

Edited by eraser1
Updates

A wonderful mission ! :cool:

Thanks for your reply! Please download the updated mission and tell me how it goes! :)

Okay ;) Thank you.

How many players can play this mission?

It's currently 20v20. You're welcome to modify it to increase/decrease it or whatever you want with it. Make sure you copy paste the init line from the pre-existing soldiers though, otherwise those soldier won't have unlimited sprint. (unless you prefer that)

I'm about 3/4 of the mission, and so far I have not found any error :)

The mission successfully ended, and I'm extremely pleased ! :thumb: I have not found any errors I may have overlooked some errors (If so, sorry :couch:). Good luck with this project ! :yay:

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

Thanks a lot! If there are any errors, please tell me so I can fix them (if possible).