Sign in to follow this  
Nikkolai

Freelook stuck looking up at the sky. (I'm sick of seeing sky)

Right so pretty simple explanation, I press alt, I look up. I cant change that.

I enter a vehicle without pressing alt I look up, I have to hold alt and then it locks to straight ahead.

I can fix this once by creating a new profile but every time I restart the game it goes back to the looking up problem. This is pretty annoying, I don't want to have to create a new profile every time I want to play. :(

I can't imagine what changes in a profile simply from closing and restarting the game so I'm clueless. Suggestions?

Edit: Before you ask I guess I should be helpful and include:

I am running NO mods.

This occurs whether I use Beta Patch or not.

This happens in Arma II alone and when running OA.

I have reinstalled once.

I am using the steam version.

Edited by Nikkolai

Hello everyone.

I have the same Problem as Nikkolai. And not just in ArmA 2 and OA. I have it in Arma 1 also. It´s not funny wanting to make a Tank mission and just looking up to the Sky. Please, can anyone help?:(

Any chance you guys have some kind of virtual joystick emulation or headtracking softvare installed on your PC?

Try this: In game go to settings/controlls find keybounds for lookleft, lookright, lookUP, Lookdown, Look xy° or anything like that, and see if it is bound to any Virtual Joystick axis. if yes, unbound it.

Oh well...that was the Problem. I once had installed Virtual Head Tracker and uninstalled it after i had the Problem. but seems like the Settings were still saved without any Joystick....Well...sometimes are Problems so obvious and I don´t see them. Thanks! And Thanks for the fast Answer :D

Iam happy to help. :-)

I am using a virtual joystick to simulate the mouse movement with my joystick, but every time I move my joystick I am looking down and the camera shakes. I also simualte the left mouseclick with one of my controller buttons and it also starts looking down when I use the button.

Mirek's advice could not help me. Disabling the jostick did not help either.