Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAirborne

Simple DM style mission, keep running into issues. Some Advice?

Ok So my mission is really simple, Im just learning all the Arma Scripting stuff, so Im starting off with a Free for All death match style game, to learn the basics.

Ive gone thru tons of forum posts, and youtube videos, Ive had the mission working with a few friends. After adding some more content(buildings and other "props" to the map and stuff, now people are having arma crash right after they receive mission files. I went back through every thing I changed, and even completely started from fresh to try and get rid of the issue.

Basically, in the editor, I have 10 playable Blufors, I add a line in the init that makes them all nonfriendly (so we can have free for all). Also, I add the - respawn = "BASE"; respawndelay = "10"; in the description.ext file. I then go on to add 5 or 6 markers with "respawn_west1 , respawn_west2.. etc so we can have more "random" spawn locations. I have one trigger that tells people when they get too far away. I also have a custom gear loadout in the init.sqf utilizing the "_unit" codes.

and thats pretty much my whole mission. Why can I load into it just fine, no errors, nothing, but other people are having Arma crash to desktop. I cant for the life of me, narrow down what the issue is.

I uploaded the mission file so if anyone wants to be my hero, I would really appreciate it if you could check it out.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c3zg9t44lacbr76/Free_For_All.Stratis.zip

thanks in advance guys.

well for some reason, it came down to when just hosting those tests from my pc, it was causing issues, after hosting it from an actual server, the mission loads up no problem.