Sign in to follow this  
Reject

Vehicle Management

There are a few things that bug me with the vehicle lab.

The first is no names more than 12 chars.

Second is not being able to use the same name twice, i can see why, but while not being able to delete old landers and rovers, this gets annoying.

My suggestion would be to add in a simple vehicle management system/window/page that would allow you to load a vehicle in the lab, delete a vehicle prefab and rename them.

IMO this alone would be awesome but could also be expanded with categories, an idea would be that you could assign/move vehicles into folders or categories to make them easier to sort.

Regards, Nick "Reject"

Vehicle names should be allowed to be longer, but you can already delete vehicles. See the abandonment button. Would be cool though if it just made the joints break instead of outright deleting it. It'd've been cool seeing my first lander in the middle of the crater, covered in dust and three legs broken off.

Vehicle names should be allowed to be longer, but you can already delete vehicles. See the abandonment button. Would be cool though if it just made the joints break instead of outright deleting it. It'd've been cool seeing my first lander in the middle of the crater, covered in dust and three legs broken off.

I'm not talking about deleting vehicles on mars, i'm talking about deleting them from the lab...

To delete vehicle go to:

steaminstallationdir\userdata\95780790\244030\local\addons\configs\vehicles

In this folder all created vehicles are listed - just delete the ones you do not want. You can/should delete the cfg-files in the cfgs-folder too.

I have not tested renaming/editing the files but i think it should work too. Not sure about the numbers for the link but you should be able to find it.

Best regards

N75

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I figured I could delete them from cfg files and what not, I was just add suggestions to the pile. it would be nice if you could manage things from in game, IE the lab. It would also be nice to to the same thing from the map. Thanks again N75!

Deleting vehicle presets you make will be added soon. So you won't have to do it manually afterward.