abs

Star Trek: Road to the Stars

Zzgwx8ymhyI

Abs

Brilliant work, it must've been heeps of fun doing dogfights in space! How does the map work btw?

Looking great!!
Wonderful job, Abs :don 14:
That bridge looks & sounds amazing!

Thanks, folks. :)

Brilliant work, it must've been heeps of fun doing dogfights in space! How does the map work btw?

Not gonna lie, it actually is a ton of fun.

Right now the sky has been modified to be black (versus the game's current blue), and the satmap is a starfield texture. The map was created by ZeroG and (despite his name) it still has gravity. However, I am hopeful that wrecks can be made to float in space with some clever scripting that I still have yet to learn. Initial tests show me that an object with 0 mass and 0 propulsion (just created a box and placed it in the sky) will stay there, so I'm hoping I can do something with the wreck model. I'm also hoping to figure out how to prevent planes from crashing in to the ground.

Naturally, this will take a while, as I don't know how to script for A3. If there are any scripters interested in helping, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Anyway, glad you guys are liking the promo shots. :)

Abs

Any chance we will be seeing "The Gorn" in it, Abs? :cool:

gorninitiate.jpg

BTW: Your mod looks awesome! :yay:

Amazing work so far. Clever scripting should make many things possible with this mod. Like beaming to planet surfaces. Maybe you could place the surface terrain somewhere far away in the map, or maybe even inside the planets? Though I'm not sure how the sky would work there.

Any chance we will be seeing "The Gorn" in it, Abs? :cool:

BTW: Your mod looks awesome! :yay:

Not at the moment, mate. Even if there were a chance, it wouldn't look like the Gorn from the new Star Trek game. :)

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Amazing work so far. Clever scripting should make many things possible with this mod. Like beaming to planet surfaces. Maybe you could place the surface terrain somewhere far away in the map, or maybe even inside the planets? Though I'm not sure how the sky would work there.

I think that beaming to surfaces will be part of the story which will require a map change, and not a feature that will be included on all maps. Too many limitations to overcome. :)

Abs

Unless there was a way to make a false sky (which is actually space). If you go above it it is black with stars/galaxies, but down on the ground you see a normal sky. I haven't a clue HOW you would do something like that however.

I think that beaming to surfaces will be part of the story which will require a map change, and not a feature that will be included on all maps. Too many limitations to overcome. :)

Well I'm just daydreaming about a massive free roam multiplayer compatible map/scenario with multiple planets and their surfaces, this mod already seems to have the perfect basis for that. Maybe one day the limitations can be overcome :)

Unless there was a way to make a false sky (which is actually space). If you go above it it is black with stars/galaxies, but down on the ground you see a normal sky. I haven't a clue HOW you would do something like that however.

hollowed sphere mesh with texture only on the inside?

I think the closest you could get is simulating a cloudy day and pretending it was atmosphere, and having a black startfield texture above the clouds. I don;t think it would make for interesting gameplay, however, so I won't be trying this. :/

Still, I'm glad to see people trying to think of ways to push th boundaries of the engine like I am! :)

Abs

The newest stuff is looking amazing Abs! Glad you're keeping up. We can even use the Amphi-theater and ruins for some cheesy storylines ;)

Interesting reading the recent/new Take On Mars mod'ing info ........ sounds more like a "space sim" engine than ArmA does : )

Gnat;2629956']Interesting reading the recent/new Take On Mars mod'ing info ........ sounds more like a "space sim" engine than ArmA does : )

True...but can we do infantry battles with it?

Also, I couldn't get a single rover working. :(

Abs

Red Alert! Klingons on the horizon!

Finally got the colours to a level where I thought they looked good. It's flying in-game right now...just have to work on the weapons, and then they'll be striking fear into the hearts of Starfleet Captains everywhere!

tYy0xGE.png

For more information (I don't post as many updates on these forums due to the 100kb image limit rule and the spotty notification system) feel free to like our facebook page or follow us on ModDB.

If you're interested in joining the Star Trek: Road to the Stars team, there are current openings for scripters. Send me a PM to apply!

Abs

Looks great. Starship Enterprise is next, I imagine? Also, can we possibly get a gameplay vid to see all it's pretty functions?

Looks great. Starship Enterprise is next, I imagine? Also, can we possibly get a gameplay vid to see all it's pretty functions?

Next? ...and this is why you should like the Facebook page. ;) https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t31/1888944_705598529460481_913432143_o.jpg

Also, I'd posted this earlier, but here's some gameplay:

Zzgwx8ymhyI

Abs

While questionable that it sounds like a submarine outside, it's looking great. Fire torpedoes! Also, though it'd probably be difficult to make in Arma 3, wouldn't Jupiter be both bigger and big enough to have pulled the U.S.S. Enterprise into it's gassy prison? :P

I can't find the Facebook page, though. Linky linky?

hSHgeclUnQY

Abs

Very very nice Mr. Abs, the detail with the screens and stuff is amazing.

can't wait to sit myself down on that chair and feel like a boss :cool: