abs

Star Trek: Road to the Stars

Awesome work, Abs! Saw the Enterprise on Facebook (along with the Klingons) and jumped for joy! :)

Awesome work, Abs! Saw the Enterprise on Facebook (along with the Klingons) and jumped for joy! :)

Thanks, man. Glad to see you liked it on Facebook! I tend to post a lot more WIP shots up there, and am trying to stick to more finished pictures here in the forums, so expect to see a lot more updates there. :)

Abs

Gnat;2543837']"Facebook"? Whats that? :)

It's the tiny link under my user info' date=' to the left, Gnat. ;)

[i'](I know you're joking, but figured I'd reply just in case anyone else didn't know how to find the page.)[/i]

Abs

I hate Star Trek universe... yet seeing this mod brings a smile to my face :D I love when people are making Sci- Fi mods for ArmA, it really shows thier creativity. This is what makes this game so great. One day you're NATO operator fighting CSAT, next day you fight borg on a distant planet, the day after tommorow you take part in Yugoslav Wars. Endless possibilites for just one game :D . I hold my fingers crossed for this mod (even with my Star Trek hate:D) , keep up the good work guys :)

I hate Star Trek universe... yet seeing this mod brings a smile to my face :D I love when people are making Sci- Fi mods for ArmA, it really shows thier creativity. This is what makes this game so great. One day you're NATO operator fighting CSAT, next day you fight borg on a distant planet, the day after tommorow you take part in Yugoslav Wars. Endless possibilites for just one game :D . I hold my fingers crossed for this mod (even with my Star Trek hate:D) , keep up the good work guys :)

I'm pretty sure that whether you love Star Trek or Star Wars, we can agree that we all love this game. :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

wow

many hate

make shibe, not war

much edgy

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ac53555cf645d21a634f910a65832b71/tumblr_mvjp21rb6h1qa5rnho1_400.gif

Anyways, cool to see the ol' lady back in action :cool:

Lol...thanks for defending my honour. ;)

Your Name tells me you are a Star Wars fan

His name tells me he's 21, which is practically a kid in my eyes.

Abs

No hard feelings guys. I never wanted to discredit Star Trek nor make any malicious attempt on Abs honour :D I hate Star Trek but never denied its importance to Sci-Fi genere, I have respect for it even if I don't like it :) My post was only to express admiration of your work, sorry if you felt offended by it :) Oh and by the way, I am Star Wars fan, but I have never seen point in antagonizing one series against another, such arguments are like special olympics- even if you win you're still retarded :) anyway, keep up the good work :)

First test of the RVMATs in-game. Looks like the lights are on a bit too bright...going to have to speak to Engineering about that. ;)

mg7sqFI.jpg

Abs

:eek: wow! that's beautiful. what's the plan here. have it as a separate object to walk around in? or as a real vehicle interior? i hope you'll be making some nice scenarios with beaming down onto plantes and stuff. this is very inspiring. thx for keeping it up!

:eek: wow! that's beautiful. what's the plan here. have it as a separate object to walk around in? or as a real vehicle interior? i hope you'll be making some nice scenarios with beaming down onto plantes and stuff. this is very inspiring. thx for keeping it up!

Thanks for the nice comments, Bad Benson! The plan is to have it as both. Right now, I'm working on it as a real vehicle interior:

Scenarios will come later. I am basically but one man working on this project. :)

Abs

Double post, but there's a new screenshot to share!

Thanks to Sealife and [APS]Gnat, I've gotten to a point where I'm happy with the lighting on the bridge. Currently working on scripts to make the bridge seem more 'alive', including the sensor chase lights at the front. Still a long way to go, though!

PS: The planet is a 3D model (not to scale of course!)

QTni5hM.jpg

Abs

Nope. Transparent texture where the viewscreen is. I'm going to toy around with actually making the entire bridge a turret so that when orders are given to target an object on the map, the entire bridge will rotate to face the target. I'm avoiding PiP as I think it's too laggy for any practical use.

Now I just have to figure out how to configure a turret.

Abs

Double post again, but I have another update.

Torpedoes have been deployed! They fire pretty quickly in this vid, but that's meant for testing purposes. They won't be firing this quick for actual release. If any modders would like to help with the fine-tuning of the flight model or missiles, please get in touch - I truly have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to aircraft weaponry!

tCCH_cTBc5I

The bridge is still under construction. Due to the fact that AI can't use multiple turrets on airplanes the flight model and combat of the aircraft will be forward facing, kinda like this:

ELlzn13eMQY

I would appreciate your votes on this ticket, as modders have been asking for this feature for a long time, and it can be useful not only for me but WW2 mods and more. Until then, I'm stuck with one forward facing torpedo and phaser. Depite that, I have to admit it is a blast firing these torpedoes. :)

Hope you all liked this update. More to come.

Abs

Call for Recruits! Starfleet needs your help, people!

This mod is looking for scripters to work on functionality for the upcoming vehicle addon pack. Who needs guns when you can play with phasers, photon torpedoes, and shields? Come and work on a mod that is currently trying to push the Arma3 engine to its limits!

If you're interested, apply via private message. A scripting test will be administered in order to select qualified candidates.

One of the key benefits of working with this mod will naturally be early access to addons that are currently in development.

Thank you for your time,

Abs

Another double post, but I bring an update! Phasers are now in the works. The Constitution class is 99% textured, and efforts are being made to finalize the addon. Here's a screenshot at a classic angle that most fans will recognize...enjoy!

1492575_683305565023111_236461084_n.jpg

Abs

Star trek isnt really my thing but very nice work! Looks quite good and perfect example of what a bit of creative thinking (and a lot of talent!) can do - nice one! Would be interested to see how the 'map' works in space?

Voted for ticket

Would be interested to see how the 'map' works in space?

Me too. Right now it's just an airplane with autohover enabled. I'm going to have to get some creative scripting involved...

Abs

Let there be light! The screenshots below show what the lighting will essentially look like on the Constitution class cruiser.

Click for higher res...

L9oLurb.png

lB6erbS.png

I am still looking for scripters. I'd like to make functioning systems on the shit ship, such as shields, red alert klaxons, etc...if you're interested, give me a shout.

Expect more screenshots to come...happy new year! :dancered:

Abs

Edited by Abs