Sign in to follow this  
Kumeda

[WIP] WarPad GUI Framework

Thanks for your comments you both. :thanx:

@KevsnoTrev

as far as I understand your idea is something like a blinking email sign or so to indicate that there is a new message/update. I haven't had such an idea so far but I like it! Well one way to do that would be for example to use the icon displayed inside the home app. The thing you would have to do is just to copy and adjust the pre-processor command there so that the App icon has an IDC given. So than you could change this icon through the setText or even better setTextcolor comand inside a spawned function and make it blinking that way. So every time you go back to your homescreen you see the specific app icon blinking. The disatvantage however is that if you have many apps on your screen or you are at the moment inside another app you wont see the notification.

If you are looking for somewhat more visible over many apps you could create an independent group that has to be place above all other app groups (at the end). By using the ctrlShow command you could than turn this group visible when there is an update or so.. this should theoretically work. This is similar to how the status bar app works in the pad maby you should have a look at the scripts and then ask me if something isn't clear. At least these are two ways inside the WarPad I could think of right now if you need it even when the pad is closed you will have to open another Rsc for that. So that is how this could be realised as stand alone app. Because at the moment there is no such function available for the WarPad yet .. but as it is a good idea I will think about a way to implement something like a "news app"... maby as icon in the statusbar or on the screen or both I will think about it but for the moment other tasks are more important. If you are very much interested in such function for the WarPad but dont want to wait that long I don't mind you working on it with some help from me so that this can be integrated in the framework. But if so it should be not only aimed for your project needs. It should be so general that other people could use it too. If you are interested in such a cooperation you are welcome to pm me ;)

Edited by Kumeda

thanks for the feedback Kumeda, will most definitely look into it.when i get time out of RL

Awesome script!

Is if possible however, to have it be able to open/close via a key bind instead of addaction?

@Silentsean14

Thanks, alot :o

hmm well this is not implemented yet but should be possible so. To do it yourself here is what I think you'll need for that

1. displayAddEventHandler -> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displayAddEventHandler
  2. keyName -> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/keyName
  3. the string name of the key

maby like that:

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "if((keyName(_this select 0)=='a')then{[0] call KEDA_fnc_GUI_Show}"];

This should probably open the dialog when pressing 'a' but i didn't test it. Still this wouldn't be enough you also would need to test in which form the WarPad is opened maby have a second key for putting it in and out of the pinned mode.To do that easily some functionality is still missing and you'll need to change some lines. It is surely possible to do so..with little work. However the problem is that if you use it the way described here every other player would have to do that too and collision with keys that are already in use are likely. This means a key for quick opening closing should only be set by the players and this needs some more (dialog) work. If this option will be implemented it will be as part of some sort of "settings" application... but this is still far futur talk because im going to work on such apllication only if I know clearer what this app should be able to do ;)

But maby there is another way I don't know of ^^

What I could do until then is to look into it and prepare the system for such functionality. The only thing you'd have to do is to write the/an app. :) Such app would need an option to turn the key logger on and off and a set key that once clicked starts to catch the next key that is pressed. ..So 2 buttons and one text field should be sufficient for the dialog ;).

Edited by Kumeda

Yeah, Ive been trying stuff similar to that. But nothing seems to happen for some reason, I'm pretty new to scripting etc xD

hmm did you try to make a simple script like that

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "hint 'Works'"];

if it doesnt work maby try to put it in

with uiNamespace do{

};

hmm ok didn't work ...I try to find out why :D

Edited by Kumeda

well more than what i have ...nothing happens for me ..i tried it inside the init?? can you maby post what you did to get it at least giv you the hint :D um if you have time maby you can contact me via skype i send you my id as pm

RE: Keybinding

is not implemented yet but should be possible so. To do it yourself here is what I think you'll need for that

1. displayAddEventHandler -> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displayAddEventHandler
  2. keyName -> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/keyName
  3. the string name of the key

Just so you know all addactions have the optional use of a keybind.

The last "" before the condition string can be names by using any keyname from bin.pbo according to the Biki.

I have previously used the User keys from 1 to 20, but keep in mind these can be used by other scripts and mods.

could this be used to 'activate' and switch between different sets of UAV's?

@robowilso

I guess it would be possible it depends on what can be done with arma scripting and if the GUI fits your needs. I think there are going to be improvements to the streaming with the coming Arma patch if you mean that. ;)

@KevsnoTrev

Thanks for this info. We could solve all problems so far ;)

Hey I'm a total gui/ dialog noob and was wondering if anyone was willing to share a working version of this with some simple scripts attached. I know that this would be a big help toward me learning how all of this works. Thank you.

Hi Soolie, I am still working on the next version, but I am having a break for the moment, (some stuff didn't want to work as I wanted -.-..). Anyway next version will be a bit easier to use and will come with a manual. Until then either wait or contact me through skype.

Just a little up to your fantastic mod. His possibilities ars awesome. I know you have a break but im impatient to get your next version :)

• Like 1

NorX informed me that the WarPad is broken...I just came back to Germany after quite some time and checked whats going on. After a quick peak i can tell that for some reason the .paa files don't show anymore. I will try to solve that. As I'm not gonne release an old version the newer one must do. Unfortunately before I can do that I have to solve a problem with the action menue and also see if other functions have been broken somehow.

The new version will provide a somewhat more streamlined way of including/adding Apps and some decreased flickering when starting compared to the available version. Also I will give out with that a small pdf explaining how to use this, what will hopefully also make the WarPad more easy to use for people that aren't so well versed with scripting yet. There are some new function in place .. but I cant promise that this will find its way in this "repair update" . The new features would allow you to make the visible buttons not usable yet finally usable. Also i won't make promises ..I expect the release to be in November.

PS: Thanks for your support NorX and everyone else using the WarPad

Edited by Kumeda
  • Like 1