Sign in to follow this  
defalkner

Finding lost artifacts missions

I was thinking about what would make the simulation a bit more progressive as mission's or achievement's & to have some things as an Easter egg to find.

1. How about adding the existing rovers in their current locations to find and/or a mission to repair broken ones like Spirit or doing maintenance on Opportunity. Finding the UK's lost BEAGLE lander ect. within an estimated area of its crash site. This would be highly realistic and fun.

2. Easter eggs (or whatever) such as finding foreign nations monitoring equipment or lander nobody knew about already on Mars. Save it, destroy it, or investigate it as to what is it looking for or has found.

3. Lost caverns maybe to explore?

1. How about adding the existing rovers in their current locations to find and/or a mission to repair broken ones like Spirit or doing maintenance on Opportunity. Finding the UK's lost BEAGLE lander ect. within an estimated area of its crash site. This would be highly realistic and fun.

I believe the last part of that is already in the game (or will be). There are achievements listed for finding the lost Beagle 2 rover and the Russian Mars 3 lander.

There is indeed a mission where you run across Beagle 2 in the game already. Not found Mars 3 yet, but I expect there's a similar mission where you locate it.

---------- Post added at 05:00 ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 ----------

[/color]Well I would love to come across more lost rovers Like Viking 1 and 2, Mars 2 and 6, The Polar Lander and the Phoenix Lander etc. etc. Because I love the fact the game has Beagle 2 and Mars 3 in there but I would love to see more, but I would prefer for Mars 3 and Beagle 2 to be closer to where they should be (I know that would mean makig more maps), but that is just me, also I would love to see a level/map maker similar to Far Cry's where you can make maps up to the 4 km radios, I'm not sure if they are already doing that but I have a really good map in mind

Edited by sumo11

---------- Post added at 05:00 ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 ----------

[/color]Well I would love to come across more lost rovers Like Viking 1 and 2, Mars 2 and 6, The Polar Lander and the Phoenix Lander etc. etc. Because I love the fact the game has Beagle 2 and Mars 3 in there but I would love to see more, but I would prefer for Mars 3 and Beagle 2 to be closer to where they should be (I know that would mean makig more maps), but that is just me, also I would love to see a level/map maker similar to Far Cry's where you can make maps up to the 4 km radios, I'm not sure if they are already doing that but I have a really good map in mind

Fear not, the Workbench editing suite will be coming out within a week or two. Then you can make maps of your own. The Space Program also supports adding new locations on the fly, so you can actually extend your space program with new user made locations.

Fear not, the Workbench editing suite will be coming out within a week or two. Then you can make maps of your own. The Space Program also supports adding new locations on the fly, so you can actually extend your space program with new user made locations.

Sounds very promissing :)