Sign in to follow this  
Lokyi

Battleye A3 & A2 port conflict

Have just found a weird bug with Battleye whilst running both an A2 server an A3 server on the same box.

We've got a fair few players on both servers atm so I haven't been able to experiment, but I'm running our A2 server on port 2302, and our A3 server on 3302.

Now, I've just had one of the guys query me on why he couldn't connect to the A3 BE rcon so I went sniffing around.

I had a quick look just straight on the A3 server console window, from players joining it appears the A3 BE is also trying to run on port 2304, which the A2 BE is also running on.

If I get a chance when numbers drop out, is test the starting order of the servers to see if that makes a difference, but right now there appears to be a bug, where it's not starting the A3 BE instance on port + 2.

I had a quick look just straight on the A3 server console window, from players joining it appears the A3 BE is also trying to run on port 2304, which the A2 BE is also running on.

If I get a chance when numbers drop out, is test the starting order of the servers to see if that makes a difference, but right now there appears to be a bug, where it's not starting the A3 BE instance on port + 2.

The BE Server always listens on the game server's port (2302 and 3302 in your case), not on 2304. 2304 is merely the port being used locally by clients, so it has nothing to do with the server.

Other than that, are you sure that everything is set up correctly and your A3 server actually runs on port 3302? Did you try to connect to RCon yourself?

Yep, they both connected fine when I first set them up, had both servers running and could connect to both via rcon. Just a bit hard to stop and start them to test while there's quite a few people playing on them.

Well, you are the expert after all $able just thought it odd that in both the A2 and A3 server console it was reporting connection of clients on port 2304.

And yep, A2 server is 2302 and A3 server 3302.

Just a bit hard to stop and start them to test while there's quite a few people playing on them.

I'm not sure what you mean, you can test RCon without having to restart the server?

Well, you are the expert after all $able just thought it odd that in both the A2 and A3 server console it was reporting connection of clients on port 2304.

The default ports (client-side and server-side) have been the same for a long time, maybe even since OFP.

Edited by $able

There's definitely an issue there $able. Course A3 is being shitty because the guys keep running one of those Occupation missions that crash all the time, but if you start the A3 server first, then the A2 server you can connect to both of them through rcon no worries. As soon as the A3 server crashes or is restarted, bam no connecty to A3 rcon, however you can still connect to A2 rcon.

Going forward obviously it's going to be less of an issue because most people are going to migrate to A3 on full release, but there is definitely some sort of conflict there.

There's definitely an issue there $able. Course A3 is being shitty because the guys keep running one of those Occupation missions that crash all the time, but if you start the A3 server first, then the A2 server you can connect to both of them through rcon no worries. As soon as the A3 server crashes or is restarted, bam no connecty to A3 rcon, however you can still connect to A2 rcon.

Going forward obviously it's going to be less of an issue because most people are going to migrate to A3 on full release, but there is definitely some sort of conflict there.

I don't think so. Are you sure the A3 server started on the same port both times?