massi

African conflict a3

Anyway that I can spawn JUST the OPFOR insurgents in ALiVE? Or is it just mas_afr_opf and we have to deal with the potential for Spetsnaz and armor?

unfortunately yes it is just this way...maybe in future versions I'll make a standalone insurgent faction, thanks for reporting ;)

Hi Massi, I wonder if you can help me. I am making a mission using the Zenophon Co-op Framework. . The framework has a function called SpawnInfantry that I use a lot. In order to spawn a modded faction correctly, I need to identify the 'vehicleClass' and the Faction Name. Obviously I know the faction name for your units, but not the vehicleClass.

Here is the spawn code description:

(opt.) 5. String, the type of soldiers to spawn, (default: 'Men'), 'MenDiver' 'MenRecon' 'MenSniper'

(opt.) 6. String, the faction of soldiers to spawn, (default: 'All'), 'BLU_F', 'IND_F', 'OPF_F', 'BLU_G_F'

And an example that works using the RHS escalation mod:

_enemyGroup = [_spawnPos, ENEMY_SIDE, AI_SKILL, [4,8], "rhs_vehclass_infantry", "rhs_faction_msv"] call Zen_SpawnInfantry;

So my question is - what vehicleClass do units like African Rebels come under?

I love your mods dude, keep up the excellent work.

////////////////Edit////////////////////

I answered my own question

_enemyGroup = [_spawnPos, ENEMY_SIDE, AI_SKILL, [4,8], "mas_afr_rebl_ot", "mas_afr_opf"] call Zen_SpawnInfantry; 

Edited by CallMeSarge

Hi... had the UN Strider been removed/replaced with the last update?

I was using it in several missions, but it seems to have been replaced by another model.

Thanks

Hi Massi, thanks for making your awesome mod.

However, no matter what I have tried, I cannot seem to get your African units to appear in place of the standard, in-game units while playing the Pilgrimage mission.

I have followed all the instructions for using the @modname method, and I have even tried activating your mod through the BI Launcher. Other mods, like bCombat, work absolutely fine, so I am at a total loss as to why your African Conflict mod will not work. I have tried putting the necessary vehicle and weapons mods in various places in the modlist, but still the enemies in the game are just the standard ones and I can't find any of the weapons in crates either. I can, however, access your units in the editor and play around with them there, so I'm just wondering if I might be forgetting something.

I hope someone can help... :)

Edited by Robert(UK)

I'm pretty sure, African Conflict groups are spawned in the Pilgrimage (just tested, one of my favourite units-adding mod for the Pilgrimage BTW). Same for the loot (just keep in mind, for normal loot distribution in the civilian houses you'll find mostly item-like loot, not weaponry). But it's not like they'll replace vanilla. Custom content is mixed with vanilla at random. Nothing particular is needed, just play with the addon as usual. If you see units in the editor and groups are configured - nothing more is needed.

Thanks for your reply. Custom content is mixed with vanilla? Oh, I didn't realise this. I thought that no 'original' gear would spawn. What about the AI enemies though? Shouldn't they all be Africans now in my game, or will there still be some CSAT and stuff?

PS - Yeah, I have loot set to normal. I play on insane difficulty though, as I like the challenge of having to find stuff to begin with. I take it my choice of options shouldn't mess anything up?

Edit - Sorry, but what do you mean by the 'groups are configured'? Is this something I have to do manually, or should the files work just as I download them?

Edited by Robert(UK)

What about the AI enemies though? Shouldn't they all be Africans now in my game, or will there still be some CSAT and stuff?

CSAT and AAF still there. Together with African units. All statistically random though, so nothing guaranteed. Hidden camps and checkpoints are hardcoded with vanilla units though. It's all about rest of garrisons and optional Ambient Combat groups.

NORMAL loot distributions leaves most of the weaponry in the military buildings, like REALISTIC, but unlike REALISTIC, it still fills civilian houses with items, and rarely with weapons. To get weaponry in bigger amount also from civilian houses - set ABUNDANT loot distribution. As for the rest - none of initial settings would remove African Conflict units from the game except garrison density - the lower, the smaller chance to encounter any garrison, AC groups included.

what do you mean 'the groups are configured'?

It's about mod author job. If you can in editor place whole groups of units from the mod - groups are configured in the mod. Nothing to do for you here. AC has groups set OK, so no problem. Some mods may not - units from those will not appear.

If any other questions related with Pilgrimage - you're welcome to ask in Pilgrimage thread, than making off topic here. :)

True. Anyway, thanks for explaining this stuff to me.

Now that you mention it, I have been killed by AC-type units at least once while searching for my brother's body, so I guess they are in my game! :D

Hi Massi, do you plan to update this mod with new optional config to remove vehicles dependency?

Thanks

Hi Massi,

Just lately, I have started having an issue while trying to use the African Conflict mod with Pilgrimage.

When I try to start a game I get this message 'Cannot Open Object mas_vehicle\spg9\og9.p3d'

I did a search with Google, and it seems some other mods get this error as well. After this, my game won't go any further and I have to press ESC and then exit the game.

Any ideas about why this is happening? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with ArmA3 now starting through the launcher, as I've been doing it that way ever since I started using your mods.

Hope you (or someone) can help... :)

Just giving props to an awesome unit pack. Works great in every mission I use one these units. Good stuff!

Any plans to update this, now that the ural's are out and you have released so much more content?

yes of course..they're already in the work ;)

• Like 2

Excellent glad to hear it, I always liked this one the most it gave a nice tonali feel. 

Great news !! Can't wait for it !!! :)

Hi!

I'm suddenly getting this message when opening Arma 3:

Addon 'mas_afr_rebl_b' requires addon 'mas_vehicleweapons_Core'

I've been doing a search to find out what this is but can't seem to find anything.  Can anyone help out?

Hi!

I'm suddenly getting this message when opening Arma 3:

Addon 'mas_afr_rebl_b' requires addon 'mas_vehicleweapons_Core'

I've been doing a search to find out what this is but can't seem to find anything.  Can anyone help out?

this mod require also my NATO SF Spetsnaz vehicle mod that you'll find here http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=30429&n=last#bottom

Are you planning to add optional config to remove vehicles dependency?

i have a question. why do all of the aks use the makarov sound from arma 2? it sounds horrible. like shooting an electric airsoft gun.

Hey Massi

Great work updating all your other packs, any chance pretty please the African pack might get some loving soon?

Yes, for example new veichles? Maybe an (old) aircraft assets for them? Or also they not speak english. Possible somethingh like this?

Any chance of these being updated with the new armor values Massi?

yes I'm working on it and on adding new custom uniforms, headgear, vests and backpacks ;)

• Like 3