massi

African conflict a3

Massi, we are having great fun with your units, however when taking a closer look I noticed a thing or two that makes me wonder, is it by design that your vests are a bit more armored and uniforms contains a bit more than BI's? (not arguing or anything, just asking ;) )

Eg.:

class U_mas_afr_B_uniform: U_B_CombatUniform_mcam
   {
       picture = "\mas_afr_rebl\md\data\ui\icon_u_b_cv.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";
       displayName = "Afr ONU Forces uniform";
       class ItemInfo: UniformItem
       {
           uniformModel = "-";
           uniformClass = "B_mas_afr_Soldier_F";
           containerClass = "Supply60";
           mass = 40;
       };
   };

class U_B_CombatUniform_mcam: Uniform_Base
   {
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Combat Fatigues (MTP)";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_ca.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";
       class ItemInfo: UniformItem
       {
           uniformModel = "-";
           uniformClass = "B_Soldier_F";
           containerClass = "Supply40";
           mass = 40;
       };
   };

class V_mas_afr_BandollierB_rgr: V_BandollierB_khk
   {
       picture = "\mas_afr_rebl\md\data\ui\icon_v_bandollierb_ca.paa";
       displayName = "Afr Green Slash Bandolier";
       hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\mas_afr_rebl\md\blufor\data\vests_cbr_co.paa"};
       class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
       {
           uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_bandolier.p3d";
           containerClass = "Supply140";
           mass = 20;
           armor = 10;
           passThrough = 1;
       };
   };

class V_BandollierB_khk: Vest_Camo_Base
   {
       scope = 2;
       weaponPoolAvailable = 1;
       displayName = "Slash Bandolier (Khaki)";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_BandollierB_CA.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_bandolier";
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\vests_khk_co.paa"};
       {
           uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_bandolier";
           containerClass = "Supply80";
           mass = 20;
           armor = 0;
           passThrough = 1;
       };
   };

class V_mas_afr_PlateCarrier1_rgr: V_PlateCarrier1_rgr
   {
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
       displayName = "Afr Platecarrier black";
       picture = "\mas_afr_rebl\md\data\ui\icon_v_plate_carrier_1_co.paa";
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\mas_afr_rebl\md\blufor\data\vests_rgr_co.paa"};
       class ItemInfo: VestItem
       {
           uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
           containerClass = "Supply200";
           mass = 60;
           armor = 50;
           passThrough = 0.1;
       };
   };

class V_PlateCarrier1_rgr: Vest_NoCamo_Base
   {
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Carrier Lite (Green)";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_plate_carrier_1_CA.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
       {
           uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
           containerClass = "Supply140";
           mass = 60;
           armor = 20;
           passThrough = 0.5;
       };
   };

Source for BI's:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cmb/repository/revisions/master/changes/configs/A3/unformatted/allInOne.cpp

I'm having a hell of a time getting the right troops to spawn for this side mission I have set up, whats the right config for massi's African conflict troops?

I've tried almost everything in the classlist_afr. Heres what I just tried;

(configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF" >> "Rifle Squad" >> "OPF_mas_afr_InfSquad_o")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

Massi, thanks for the add-on. I am using it together with the Pilgrimage mission and it is doing great, adding a lot of new stuff to loot and fight. One particular thing I noticed though, and confirmed in the editor, is that the vehicles in African Conflict are not bound by that ridiculous Arma3 limit of having at most 9 guns or rockets in the trunk. For instance the Offroad(SF) truck can carry an insane amount or weapons, launchers and ammo, hence justifying being a truck. Do you think you could do the same for the stock Arma3 vehicles?

I like your mod..Can you help me please.??. teach me or give me some information to make mod like this..I have a small project to make a first server in my country Indonesia..maybe you interested to help me..????:o::p;):confused:

Hey Massi, I am trying to use your mod but I seem to be getting an error and it is happening whenever I try to launch with the mod. I will launch the game with the mod but when I start loading up a mission I get a few cannot load texture errors and in game my character model looks like that of a spore creature gone wrong.. I then launch game without the mod and it is fine. Here are the errors:

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters\data\portraits\combarhead_indep_ca.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters2\data\icon\i_launcher_ca.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters\data\portraits\combarhead_civ_man_ca.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters\hhl\hhl_33_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_white_sdm.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_as.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_white_smdi.paa.

I have tried validating my arma 3 cache and reinstalled mod but nothing seems to work. It did work for one launch and was amazed at the quality of the mod and want to use it.

thanks!

EDIT: I have found out that it is actually something to do within my mission file. I gave it to another player in my unit and he now has the error.

EDIT2: I can confirm that it was my mission, recreated and working perfectly with your mod. I am using a collection and playing on the N'Ziwasogo map, the rebels fit perfectly there. Thanks for the great mod!

Edited by OV3RJ0RD

vib2.jpg

by massi

AFRICAN CONFLICT for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m updating all my units pack in order to benefit from new weapons from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack and to make all their uniforms with working insigna.

There are also some small other fixies you’ll find in the changelog.

Hope you’ll enjoy the new version ;) !

Description

This addon is a retexture of A3 units and vehicles, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom headgear and gear in order to represent several fictional African factions for each side as follow:

BLUFOR >> UN SECURITY FORCES:

- UN PACEKEEPERS: UN soldiers in woodland and UN headgear

- UN SF ADVISORS: UN Special forces units advising the government forces

- UN SECURITY CONTRACTORS: UN hired PSD elements from PMC

- UN VEHICLES: UN retextured vehicles: P-30 orca (armed and unarmed), offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, striders and marshall APC, plus boats, quad

INDEPENDENT >> AFRICAN GOVERNMENT FORCES:

- GOVERNATIVE ARMY: Government regular army

- GOVERNATIVE SF : Government army Special forces

- GOVERNATIVE VEHICLES: GOVERNATIVE retextured vehicles: offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, light boats, quad

OPFOR >> AFRICAN REBEL FORCES:

- AFRICAN LIBERATION ARMY: Rebel army

- FOREIGN SF FIGHTERS : Foreign fighters coming from other Country's rebel movements

- RUSSIAN ADVISORS: Spetsnaz advising rebel forces

- ARMED REBEL CIVILIAN: Armed civilians supporting the rebel movement

- REBEL VEHICLES: REBEL retextured vehicles: offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, light boats, quad

CIVILLIANS >> AFRICAN CIVILIANS : with custom civilian clothes and shirts and civilian trucks and offroads

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with M4A1, M16, AKM, AKMS, Zastava’s rifles, AKS74 from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets and headgear.

- UN forces have blue UN helmets, berets and patches, plus there's UN Observer unit.

- Units have several uniforms in different camos for each sides.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camos to make them interchangeable.

- UN retextured vehicles that include: P-30 Orca helicopters (armed and unarmed), trucks, Striders, offroads, boats, marshall, all static weapons.

- Governatives, Rebels and Guerrilla retextured vehicles that include: trucks, offroads, boats and all static weapons.

- African Civilian vehicles that include: trucks and offroads

- There are 2 weapon boxes for each side, one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

BLUFOR >> UN SECURITY FORCES: UN PACEKEEPERS, GOVERNMENT SF ADVISORS, SECURITY CONTRACTORS

INDEPENDENT >> AFRICAN GOVERNMENT FORCES: GOVERNMENT ARMY, GOVERNMENT SF

OPFOR >> AFRICAN REBEL FORCES: AFRICAN LIBERATION ARMY, FOREIGN FIGHTERS, RUSSIAN ADVISORS, ARMED REBEL CIVILIAN

CIVILLIANS >> AFRICAN CIVILIANS

Same for groups:

Same as above

For ALIVE mod users here’re config faction\groups name:

UN FORCES (BLU) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_onu

GOVERNATIVES (INDEP) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_ind

REBELS (OPF) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_opf

CIVILIAN (CIV) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_civ

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.2 date 01/AUG/2014

- added some new weapons from NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapon's pack

- fixed: armor values for items to make them more or less like BI

- fixed: wrong 1st lod texture for units

- fixed: insigna work now on all uniforms!

v 1.1 date 02/FEB/2014

- added compatibility with ALIVE MOD

- added new weapons and launchers from my NATO SF/SPETSNAZ weapons pack

- added new russian GRU helmets

- updated armor and config values to meet BI standards

-updated signatures keys

v 1.0 date 15/SEP/2013

- compatibility with A3 final release and latest NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack version

- added NVG for UN SF unit (not showed if not in use (day), better for light headgear)

- Added Retextured UN faction vehicles: P-30 Orca (armed\unarmed), trucks, offroads, striders, boats, static weapons

- Added Retextured Governatives and Rebels factions vehicles: trucks, offroads, boat, static weapons

- Added African Civilian vehicles: trucks, offroads

- Added UAV operator for UN SF

- improved loadouts and gear

- Fixed: UN soldier now use retextured independent helmets (mich)

- Fixed: Rebel armed civilians use long pants (more realistic)

- Fixed: Some civilians use long pants (more variety)

- fixed: VAS compatibility for items

- fixed: chestrig wrong textures

- fixed: groups added in classlist

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1/A2/OA sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working in game!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons in game.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was fundamental to get the weapons in game!

Kaelies: for PSO reticles textures.

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma!

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/52wr12to8k9qdc5/African_conflict_A3_v1.2.7z

BI forum thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160607-African-conflict-a3

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Something doesn't feel right with having the UN lug about in offroads, would it be possible to remodel the hunter into a transport variant and a HMG one (like the UAZ in A2) seeing how it has this canvas-y cover where its trunk is supposed to be, so to say?

hey massi, just want to thank you for the updates to all your awesome packs.

hey massi, just want to thank you for the updates to all your awesome packs.

Thanks a lot ;)

I'll keep working on all my addons and projects...slowly due to RL stuff anyway ;)

Best Regards

massi

Hey, is anyone else having problems with the UN offroads? They keep on switching back to formal FIA colours after a couple seconds.

vib2.jpg

by massi

AFRICAN CONFLICT for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m updating all my units pack in order equip them with new vehicles from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz vehicles pack and to add more headgear, uniforms , classes and othe stuff you’ll find in the changelog.

Description

This addon is a retexture of A3 units and vehicles, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom headgear and gear in order to represent several fictional African factions for each side as follow:

BLUFOR >> UN SECURITY FORCES:

- UN PACEKEEPERS: UN soldiers in woodland and UN headgear

- UN SF ADVISORS: UN Special forces units advising the government forces

- UN SECURITY CONTRACTORS: UN hired PSD elements from PMC

- UN VEHICLES: UN retextured vehicles: P-30 orca (armed and unarmed), offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, striders and marshall APC, plus boats, quad, plus vehicles from my vehicles pack : ZSU, BMP2, UAZs, Mi8s, Static Weapons, BTR60, BRDM2

INDEPENDENT >> AFRICAN GOVERNMENT FORCES:

- GOVERNATIVE ARMY: Government regular army

- GOVERNATIVE SF : Government army Special forces

- GOVERNATIVE VEHICLES: GOVERNATIVE retextured vehicles: offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, light boats, quad, plus vehicles from my vehicles pack : ZSU, BMP2, UAZs, Mi8s, Static Weapons, BTR60, BRDM2,BMP1, T55, T72, Mi24, Hilux armed and unarmed

OPFOR >> AFRICAN REBEL FORCES:

- AFRICAN LIBERATION ARMY: Rebel army

- FOREIGN SF FIGHTERS : Foreign fighters coming from other Country's rebel movements

- RUSSIAN ADVISORS: Spetsnaz advising rebel forces

- ARMED REBEL CIVILIAN: Armed civilians supporting the rebel movement

- REBEL VEHICLES: REBEL retextured vehicles: offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, light boats, quad, plus vehicles from my vehicles pack : ZSU, BMP2, UAZs, Mi8s, Static Weapons, BTR60, BRDM2,BMP1, T55, T72, Mi24, Hilux armed and unarmed

CIVILLIANS >> AFRICAN CIVILIANS : with custom civilian clothes and shirts and civilian trucks and offroads

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with M4A1, M16, AKM, AKMS, Zastava’s rifles, AKS74 from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets and headgear.

- UN forces have blue UN helmets, berets and patches, plus there's UN Observer unit.

- Units have several uniforms in different camos for each sides.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camos to make them interchangeable.

- UN retextured vehicles that include: P-30 Orca helicopters (armed and unarmed), trucks, Striders, offroads, boats, marshall, all static weapons.

- Governatives, Rebels and Guerrilla retextured vehicles that include: trucks, offroads, boats and all static weapons.

- African Civilian vehicles that include: trucks and offroads

- Vehicles from my vehicle pack : T72,T55, T34, ZSU, BMP2, BMP1, Mi8, Mi24, BTR60, BRDM2, UAZs(Dshk,AGS,SPG9,M2), Hilux armed pickups (Dshk,AGS,SPG9,M2) and unarmed, static weapons with firing from vehicles, sling load and advanced flight model features available for all the factions (UN included).

- There are 2 weapon boxes for each side, one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

BLUFOR >> UN SECURITY FORCES: UN PACEKEEPERS, GOVERNMENT SF ADVISORS, SECURITY CONTRACTORS, AFRICAN BLUE CIVILIANS

INDEPENDENT >> AFRICAN GOVERNMENT FORCES: GOVERNMENT ARMY, GOVERNMENT SF

OPFOR >> AFRICAN REBEL FORCES: AFRICAN LIBERATION ARMY, FOREIGN FIGHTERS, RUSSIAN ADVISORS, ARMED REBEL CIVILIAN

CIVILLIANS >> AFRICAN CIVILIANS

Same for groups:

Same as above

For ALIVE mod users here’re config faction\groups name:

UN FORCES (BLU) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_onu

GOVERNATIVES (INDEP) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_ind

REBELS (OPF) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_opf

CIVILIAN (CIV) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_civ

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack Here

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.3 date 21/DEC/2014

- added some new weapons from NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapon's pack

- added vehicles from NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles's pack : T72, T55, T34, ZSU, BMP2, BMP1, Mi8, Mi24, BTR60, BRDM2, UAZs(Dshk,AGS,SPG9,M2), Hilux armed and unarmed pick-ups (Dshk,AGS,SPG9,M2), static weapons for all factions (UN included).

- added more classes

- added african civilians also under BLUEFOR side (for new scenarios)

- added new OPS CORE for UN Spec Ops, peltors and reworked headgear thanks to Voodoo.

- added flag poles and flag markers

- improved: units loadout and groups

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

Voodoo: thanks a lot for your awesome OPS CORE helmets, Peltors and watchcap, that made possible to update MICH hemets too!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma!

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4t3kfvb23w6d8bl/African_conflict_A3_v1.3(2).zip

BI forum thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160607-African-conflict-a3

Few pics:

th_a3_afr_conf_1_zpsced2c9d4.jpg

th_a3_afr_conf_2_zpsbcc82eb2.jpg

th_a3_afr_conf_3_zps58b52908.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

Massi, you are a gentleman and a scholar! A few issues with floating chinooks and hillux trucks and UKSF having MP7s but its mostly brilliant, you are my favorite modder for Arma *raises glass*

Massi, you are a gentleman and a scholar! A few issues with floating chinooks and hillux trucks and UKSF having MP7s but its mostly brilliant, you are my favorite modder for Arma *raises glass*

thanks a lot for reporting and for enjoying the addons ;)!

Best Regards

massi

thanks a lot for reporting and for enjoying the add ons ;)!

Best Regards

massi

No problems, if you want some information on (close to) realistic loadouts feel free to message me, I have some sources I can look up on

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I love the new vehicle additions to the African factions though I must admit to one nagging curiosity. Why does the African government (which I always assumed was an anti-communist government given its Rhodesian uniforms, cap badges and insignias) exclusively use Soviet vintage vehicles? I mean, sure lots of governments use them now, but I just can't imagine the USSR selling them excess T-34s in the midst of the cold war, and its not like they could have just bought all of their tanks in the 1990s and onward. I guess given the Rhodesian stuff I had sort of pictured them using more British equipment or at least something a little less Warsaw Pact.

Anyway, wonderful work Massi, as always. Once again, you have made Arma 3 fun for me again!

I love the new vehicle additions to the African factions though I must admit to one nagging curiosity. Why does the African government (which I always assumed was an anti-communist government given its Rhodesian uniforms, cap badges and insignias) exclusively use Soviet vintage vehicles? I mean, sure lots of governments use them now, but I just can't imagine the USSR selling them excess T-34s in the midst of the cold war, and its not like they could have just bought all of their tanks in the 1990s and onward. I guess given the Rhodesian stuff I had sort of pictured them using more British equipment or at least something a little less Warsaw Pact.

Anyway, wonderful work Massi, as always. Once again, you have made Arma 3 fun for me again!

You could chalk it up to captured equipment, or getting their arms through some shady back channels to get around an embargo (they actually did have some T55s towards the end of the war, but mostly used locally produced improvised APCs, which had v-hulls and were pretty well mine protected, would be really interesting to see some of those). It would be really neat to see some alouettes (did anybody make any of these, or especially a 20mm K-car?)

The AI is acting very, very retarded with pistols. Like a machine gunner engaging a truck changes to makarov even he has almost full box of ammunition. Is there some global command i could use in my missions to remove every single pistol on the whole side? I tried _x removeweapon "hgun_mas_mak_F" in init for all independant units but it didn't work.

massi, do your addons work with Zeus?

yes they work ;)

Anyway that I can spawn JUST the OPFOR insurgents in ALiVE? Or is it just mas_afr_opf and we have to deal with the potential for Spetsnaz and armor?