massi

African conflict a3

hey massi, i love these units, im trying to implement them into the invade and annex mission by AW for my server. would be nice if you could make altis civilians as rebels too. basically armed civilians with light technicals so we can fight an insurgency on altis :D i would love you forever haha. but seriously, good job :)

EDIT: few more questions

1. is it possible to add an anti tank truck? basically like the one in blackhawk down with the AT tube on the back

2. the turret camera on the truck seems a bit off, any plans to adjust that yet?

3. an armed altis civilian faction is seriously going to make this a must have for MSO etc. :)

Edited by Thedog88

Finally some OPFOR units!

Doesn't go too much with the Altis theme but I would love to see some Chechnyian Rebels!

I must say this is awesome. Especially if combined with PMC mod. Feels like Jagged Alliance in 3d :)

Thank you for this Massi!

I have one request to make: Is it possible to have these Factions from your mod in the Sites module? I'd love to quickly fill a village or town with them.

Hey massi! A really nice mod you made there!

I really want to use it for a campaign i'm about to make for my clan.

Now to my problem: When I place a unit from your mod and try to preview it, i get the errormessage of a bad vehicle type, per example when I use the UN Peacekeeper Teamleader, it's "bad vehicle type B_mas_AssaultPack_rng". I really don't know why this does happen..I installed it like every other mod, I also got your weaponspack (which is awesome btw) so..I hope you, or somebody else, can help me!

greetz, Don!

Massi, it seems that the new ALiVE mod requires that the faction name of your units be in a particular order such as: BLU_F or IND_F. Using the names from your readme file, I cannot get your units to spawn while using the mod. Please check out the link to fully understand what I am saying. http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1687071

Hi Massi; I was going to request the same thing as chondo999 - I'd really like to integrate your African Units into my ALIVE missions.

Hi Massi; I was going to request the same thing as chondo999 - I'd really like to integrate your African Units into my ALIVE missions.

I would like to request the same not only for the African units but all of your addons PLEASE :)

Gonna have to agree with everyone asking about updating the classnames for ALIVE. I would really like to use them with ALIVE as well.

Why don't You guys simply unpack the right .pbo, un-Rap the config file and read off it the faction name?

Not a smart-ass tone, just a reminder, mind it :) Merry Christmas!

It's not that they cannot get the faction name. It's that MASSI used non vanilla names and to get them to work in ALIVE they have to match up with the format the vanilla units use. I.e. BLU_F, OPF_F, EAST, WEST etc

See this post for the detailed explanation http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170352-Public-service-announcment-CfgFactionClasses-and-CfgGroups-configs-interoperability

It could be changed in the mod config and re-pbo'd as you suggest but we need author permission to do it.... Massi seems to be AWOL since October by my reckoning, which is a real shame as he was pretty much first to the table with the most complete Skins and weapons pack. We rely pretty much 100% on his kit so having them become unsupported is really bad news.

SJ

Ah, ok.

But, next idea - doesn't the license allow You to make a config mod of this?

Would it be possible to get a complete list of the PBO's in the Addons folder?

I seem to be missing something.........

Thanks!

Would it be possible to get a complete list of the PBO's in the Addons folder?

I seem to be missing something.........

Thanks!

mas_afr_rebl and mas_afr_rebl_c.

Thanks Modder.

I have the same.

Seems African Conflict relies on Nato/SF/Russian weapons, especially mass_weapons_m4.

I can't seem to locate this pbo in either of his mods.........

Other players are having the same error reports when loading those mods.

Such a great unit pack! Thanks so much! I was wondering if anyone has been able to get AfricanConflict to work with the ALIVE system?

The ALiVE crew mentioned that the next release will allow the mod to work better with third party units. That being said, like my config modification for Drongo's Irregulars, I (very) crudely reconfig'd some identifiers in Massi's AC mod to allow it to work with ALiVE (for now). I'll post the files when I get home. I am compelled to mention that it's more of a stop-gap until ALIVE is working properly with 3rd party units, and I have no intention of maintaining, republishing (other than on my private webserver) or taking over any sort of ownership on the mod. Just sharing something that allowed me to enjoy Massi's mod to the fullest :) I hope they don't mind.

Thanks so much super fluid! I haven't tried the independent but would like to try it out, waht would the force faction name be for rebels?

Thanks again!!!