massi

USSOCOM DEVGRU and 75th RANGER A3

ltus.jpg

by massi

USSOCOM 75th RANGER, NAVY SEALs DEVGRU, SF and DELTA FORCE for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m updating all my units pack in order equip them with the some new weapons from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz pack and to add new optional config to remove vehicles and dependency from my NATO SF Spetsnaz vehicles pack as requested from several users, but I really advice to read the instructions first.

There are also some small other fixies you’ll find in the changelog.

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO, and Independent units, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom made headgear and retextured gear in order to represent US Army 75th RANGER, SF, DELTA Force and Navy SEAL DEVGRU units in following types :

USSOCOM SEAL DEVGRU:

- AOR2: for temperate and wooden areas.

- AOR1: for arid and desert environments.

- MULTICAM: operators in BIS multicam camo for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas.

- Direct Action: grey coverall suite for CQB and naval operations.

USSOCOM DELTA Force:

- Ghost: operators in ghost camo for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas.

- Direct Action: ghost camo and black gear for CQB and DA operations

- Field Ops: civilian clothes\guerrilla style operators for undercover missions.

USSOCOM ARMY Special Forces:

- SF: operators in woodland camo and multicam gear.

USSOCOM 75th RANGER:

- Woodland: for temperate and wooden areas.

- Desert: for arid and desert environments.

- MULTICAM: operators in multicam camo for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas with multicam equipment.

- MULTICAM\GREEN: operators in multicam camo for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas with Ranger Green equipment.

- Direct Action: multicam and black gear for CQB and DA operations.

USSOCOM SPECIAL SUPPORT UNITS:

- Ranger\DEVGRU(arctic): for snow and arctic environments.

- USSOCOM(Vehicles): A3 vehicles adapted with USSOCOM gear and crew: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Mortar.

- USSOCOM(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot and crew.

- DEVGRU(Para): DEVGRU units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- RANGER(Para): RANGER units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- USSOCOM(Divers): USSOCOM divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- USSOCOM(Snipers): USSOCOM snipers and spotters in ghillie suite multicam, desert, woodland and arctic.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with M4A1, HK416, SCARs, M249, Mk48, SR25, HK417, M107, Launchers , USP and ACP from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets and headgear.

- Heavy gear assault units for all the camos.

- Recon units for all the camos in 2 version "heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "light" (soft headgear).

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Static weapons, offroads, choppers wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Vehicles from my vehicle pack : HMMVWs, CH47, UH60, Static weapons with firing from vehicles, sling load and advanced flight model features.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

USSOCOM Navy SEALs - DEVGRU (sorted by camo)

USSOCOM DELTA - DELTA (sorted by camo)

USSOCOM RANGERS - DEVGRU (sorted by camo)

USSOCOM Special Forces - SF (sorted by camo)

USSOCOM SPECIAL SUPPORT - DEVGRU (sorted by types)

Same for groups:

USSOCOM Navy SEALs - DEVGRU (sorted by camo)

USSOCOM RANGERS - Rangers (sorted by camo)

USSOCOM Special Forces - SF (sorted by camo)

USSOCOM DELTA - DELTA (sorted by camo)

USSOCOM SPECIAL SUPPORT - Groups (sorted by types)

NO VEHICLES OPTIONAL CONFIG:

I made this optional config to remove vehicles from the pack on users demand.

It will remove dependancy from my NATO SF Spetsnaz Vehicle pack, so if you use this optional config you don't need this pack anymore, but BE ADVISED IT COULD CAUSE COMPATIBILITY ISSUES BETWEEN DIFFERENT VERSION OF THE ADDON (VEHICLE AND NON-VEHICLES) AND WITH PREVIOUS MISSIONS (DEPENDANCIES AND MISSING VEHICLES) SO USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

In order to use it:

- open @mas/addons

- REMOVE "mas_usa_devg_c.pbo" file and replace it with "mas_usa_devg_noveh_c.pbo"

- done

For ALIVE mod users config faction\groups name: mas_usa_rang

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

Requirements.

Latest version of my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack Here (NOT needed if you're using the included NO Vehicle optional config)

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.5 date 02/FEB/2014

- added some new weapons from NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapon's pack

- added optional config to remove NATO SF Spetsnaz VEHICLES dependancy (read instructions can cause issues!)

- adjusted OPS CORE size to reflect RL counterparts

- improved: units loadout

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

Voodoo: thanks a lot for your awesome OPS CORE helmets, Peltors and watchcap, that made possible to update MICH hemets too!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3!

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y3o2wqd54erhf9e/SOCOM_DEVGRU_A3_v1.5.7z

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Thanks for publishing the updated version on Armaholic :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks a lot again Foxhound and Kari Charles for mirrors and news ;) !

hi there

just wondering if there is a version that doesn't require the weapons- and vehicles packs?

weapons are still a requirement, vehicles not if you're using the NO VEHICLES optional config included in the pack

regards ;)

massi

hi there

just wondering if there is a version that doesn't require the weapons- and vehicles packs?

I'd like a version w/o the weapons as well, but I can deal (for now).

Thanks for the update Massi:D

Hey massi,

Great job on all of the work you've been doing. I've been messing around with the uniforms in this pack and came a cross a visual artifact that's seen with one particular set of headgear: the US MICH SFB, in all camo variants. The glitch appears like so: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27356777992580674/F6DCB12D33D0F1D43A6FD7E99C5B387A076214BE/

It seems to be present at the same location regardless of stance. Doesn't affect performance, just a weird visual glitch. I don't know if you'd be able to fix this, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks again for all of your work!

Hi massi love the units

With the delta guys is it possible to give the ghost camo with other variants like the night green and tan and grey variants?

Hello,

A Question: What is the class name of the USMC Headset ? Or where i can find the Class Name list of all items ?

Thanks

Hello Massi.

I want to report that after this update (1.43/1.44, dont really know) All of your mods (as I noticed) has issues.

The helmets and the face wear arent shown or bugged up, and when the soldiers die, the headgear and the face wear are fly on top of the body of the dead soldier (bugged in the air).

Thanks.

I have three big missions I've made called Doomsday Night 1-3 and I must say first off, I love your addons, it's my favorite. I've used it for all three missions and many more. But! There seems to be a MAJOR PROBLEM with it when using in MP. Backpacks vanish when other players join the server and sometimes vests don't appear MP either.

This wasn't a problem last year, everything worked in MP flawlessly. So I'm not sure what the problem is but I highly recommend that you give all of your mods a serious test run in MP to fix the problem. Create a few custom load outs and have players join your server to see if backpacks or other gear vanishes.

Please note in SP it works 100% but in MP there are issues with gear when someone joins the server. Check that out. Hope all is well and looking forward to the update. One last comment, your addon could use an all black uniform and an all OD green uniform as well, with the good old black simple balaclava, not the skull one but the regular black one, seems to be missing.

Edited by Guest

To HydroBull3T, I've noticed that same issue just now.

Edited by Guest

So this will be a very noob question, but what file do I open up to modify the weapon loadouts for the classes?

When I downloaded the DevGru pack, and use the A3 Launcher to install my mod, I now have two NATO SF and Spetznaz Mods in my list instead of 1 NATO SF & Spetznaz and 1 DevGRU pack. I even removed and renamed the @mas folder so each mod folder has the correct name, yet I still get NATO SF and Spetznaz Mods as the title for both mods.

I read on page 13 the suggestion to just merge the two mods, however I'd have no idea how to do that. I'd guess just dragging the Devgru .pbo files into the proper NATO SF folder, but I'm sure there's more than just that. If the mods will run just fine with the same title I really don't want to have to move files around. Surely I'll fuck something up.

So this will be a very noob question, but what file do I open up to modify the weapon loadouts for the classes?

You need to use the dePBO tool and look at the config files. You can write a replacement config for your own use (use search engine for tutorial), just don't redistribute it publicly. I'm thinking of doing this if Massi doesn't update his otherwise excellent units.

I'm not able to see any of Massi's units in the editor. I'm able to use all of the weapons and uniforms in a Virtual Arsenal however. I'd like to be able to place playable units using the mas_usa_devg for instance.

Am I missing something here?

Do these units still function? I cant get them to load in editor and get a 'No Entry Model' error as well as a pretty extensive rpt log. Shame wanted to mess with some Delta/Seals :(

Just to note Im loading only the 3 packs combined to just the one as they all download as @mas but show up as one addon in the launcher as Nato/Spetnatz. No other mods arte loaded cept the attachment rails one as well as CBA.

Also using the Release Candidate.

Edit: Actual delta Force does load except with this error: Cannot load texture: mas_US_Rifle_416_data_ak74a_cv.paa

All of the other groups fail to load the mission.

Edited by froggyluv

Wow nobody? This seems like an awful big project to just be abandoned. What else is there for modern day spec ops?

Hello Massi and everyone,

Got an issue with every units packs from your amazing work since 1.52.

A lot of uniforms are missing, I've only underwears. Sometimes I can have an invisible man (no skin texture or uniform texture).

I think some texture are not loading properly.

Here some lines of my rpt :

13:04:53 In class "U_mas_usr_B_IndUniform2_d" is abstract config class "B_mas_usr_Soldier_ind2_f_d" and can't be used with uniform.
13:04:53 In class "U_mas_usr_B_IndUniform1_d" is abstract config class "B_mas_usr_Soldier_ind1_f_d" and can't be used with uniform.
13:04:53 In class "U_mas_sfod_B_CombatUniform_des_tshirt" is abstract config class "B_mas_sfod_Soldier_02d_f" and can't be used with uniform.
13:04:53 In class "U_mas_sfod_B_CombatUniform_des_vest" is abstract config class "B_mas_sfod_Soldier_03d_f" and can't be used with uniform.
13:05:20 Backpack with given name: [] not found
13:05:20 Backpack with given name: [] not found

Hope it will be fix soon (by BIS or by you).

Thanks for reading.

--

Blaazouille

Hello Massi and everyone,

Got an issue with every units packs from your amazing work since 1.52.

A lot of uniforms are missing, I've only underwears. Sometimes I can have an invisible man (no skin texture or uniform texture).

I think some texture are not loading properly.

i noticed the same problem  the US SOCOM pack is missing the recon variations of the uniforms as wel as some other uniforms like the CQB coverals (except the grey one ?)  somehow suddenly after 1.52