massi

USSOCOM DEVGRU and 75th RANGER A3

Also, the MARPAT cammo have AAF helmets that fit the cammo pattern, is there any chance you could make one with Woodland as well?

//EDIT Sorry for double post! :( //

Does anyone know of a mod that retexutres OPFOR to Somolia forces.

Massi SSG uses this all the time now :)

I'm really glad you like 'em ;)

Also, the MARPAT cammo have AAF helmets that fit the cammo pattern, is there any chance you could make one with Woodland as well?

I'll add it in next USMC update :)

Does anyone know of a mod that retexutres OPFOR to Somolia forces.

you could try African conflict units here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160607-African-conflict-a3

cheers

massi

Any reason why this is one of the only mods you have done and its not on PWS? Just curious because it would make using these addons much easier for missions and servers!

Hi,

Jester814 from the 15th MEU Realism Unit made another great showcase video for USSOCOM units:

note: as Jester said He didn't want to spoil all of the units, there're more in the package ;)

Thanks a lot Jester ;) !

Also if anyone could tell me how to add my addons to Play With Six I'll be very happy to do that, since I have no idea now ;) !

Regards

massi

First off let me give props for this addon.....it has made the game more enjoyable for myself.

I do have a question? What is the shemag's classname? I can't seem to find it in any of the files included with the download.

thanks

That explains it! I didnt even know there were default ones! Thanks a ton!

Hi everybody!

Does anyone knows why some of the units once deployed thru the editor appears without the main weapon? Just with the handgun and without any other magazines nor grenades....

BR

Hi everybody!

Does anyone knows why some of the units once deployed thru the editor appears without the main weapon? Just with the handgun and without any other magazines nor grenades....

BR

You need this Addon too :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3

Then it will work !

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Just some naming gripes, because I've been an anal retentive military geek of late.

1) The Rangers in the light armor should be called Recon Rangers, not DA. The Rangers are a DA unit at their core, however the Rangers do possess a few highly specialized units. One, or rather three, of them are the Regimental Reconnaisance Datachments. They're so good at their job that they were invited into the JSOC fold early into GWOT because of the eyes work they did for ACE and DEVGRU.

2) It's never been called Delta. When the concept for a national counter-terrorism unit was pushed forward and suggested to be placed under the aegis of the SFGs, it was tentatively called 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta. Alpha, Beta. etc are administrative designations for SF units to denote how high up the chain they are. Alpha being the basic 12-man platoon, Beta being a 12-man company C4i element, etc. Thus, Delta was used to suggest an added layer of bureaucracy. It was pointed out that such a thing wasn't smart for a black element of the white side special ops community, so SOCOM used a series of ever changing names. The most famous, and my favorite, is the Combat Applications Group, but right now they're called the Army Compartmented Element. Also, like the other two, they're a DA unit at core, but they have a really unique organizational structure.

3) The SF guys in civvie gear should really be a seperate unit. Call them ISA, Contra Spike, Gray Fox, Royal Cape, Grantor Shadow, TF Orange, etc. Hell, invent a name, but they're the super spies of JSOC. Their main focus is ELINT and HUMINT, but they have a very small DA component to follow up on intel they generate and they're every bit as good as the ACE guys and even in SOCOM they carry aura of the mountain squirell ninja.

Oh, and a gear nit. The military doesn't use black gear, at least not anymore. The only people who do that are mil-simmers without the money to buy real gear. If you want visual distinction, put ACE in US4CES (they've been using Guy Cramer's camo on their own for a long time to avoid immediate ID as an American unit), put the Rangers in Kryptek, and keep the SEALs in AOR.

Just some naming gripes, because I've been an anal retentive military geek of late.

1) The Rangers in the light armor should be called Recon Rangers, not DA. The Rangers are a DA unit at their core, however the Rangers do possess a few highly specialized units. One, or rather three, of them are the Regimental Reconnaisance Datachments. They're so good at their job that they were invited into the JSOC fold early into GWOT because of the eyes work they did for ACE and DEVGRU.

2) It's never been called Delta. When the concept for a national counter-terrorism unit was pushed forward and suggested to be placed under the aegis of the SFGs, it was tentatively called 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta. Alpha, Beta. etc are administrative designations for SF units to denote how high up the chain they are. Alpha being the basic 12-man platoon, Beta being a 12-man company C4i element, etc. Thus, Delta was used to suggest an added layer of bureaucracy. It was pointed out that such a thing wasn't smart for a black element of the white side special ops community, so SOCOM used a series of ever changing names. The most famous, and my favorite, is the Combat Applications Group, but right now they're called the Army Compartmented Element. Also, like the other two, they're a DA unit at core, but they have a really unique organizational structure.

3) The SF guys in civvie gear should really be a seperate unit. Call them ISA, Contra Spike, Gray Fox, Royal Cape, Grantor Shadow, TF Orange, etc. Hell, invent a name, but they're the super spies of JSOC. Their main focus is ELINT and HUMINT, but they have a very small DA component to follow up on intel they generate and they're every bit as good as the ACE guys and even in SOCOM they carry aura of the mountain squirell ninja.

Oh, and a gear nit. The military doesn't use black gear, at least not anymore. The only people who do that are mil-simmers without the money to buy real gear. If you want visual distinction, put ACE in US4CES (they've been using Guy Cramer's camo on their own for a long time to avoid immediate ID as an American unit), put the Rangers in Kryptek, and keep the SEALs in AOR.

LOL this gave me a good laugh thanks bud. How old are you btw

@Mindsculptor

Wow. Some really great stuff! Welcome to ArmA!!! Well said.

LOL this gave me a good laugh thanks bud. How old are you btw

Er... happy to give you a laugh? And I'm in my 20s.

Er... happy to give you a laugh? And I'm in my 20s.

You have to stop spitting out stuff you read on the internet as facts mate. Just know that they exist and try not to worry about how, who and why they are structured and you won't make yourself look foolish on forums like this one.

You have to stop spitting out stuff you read on the internet as facts mate. Just know that they exist and try not to worry about how, who and why they are structured and you won't make yourself look foolish on forums like this one.

So... your assertion is... what, exactly? That I don't know anything? Or that you know more than me? Either stance takes a certain amount of arrogance. But that seems to be overly present on this forum, I've noticed.

EDIT: Oh, look, a wild unclassified document on the ISA appeared, with an organizational chart! Or, rather, it didn't and I dig for shit like this all the time because it's one of my hobbies. But, hey, I don't know anything, right?

Edited by Mindsculptor

So... your assertion is... what, exactly? That I don't know anything? Or that you know more than me? Either stance takes a certain amount of arrogance. But that seems to be overly present on this forum, I've noticed.

EDIT: Oh, look, a wild unclassified document on the ISA appeared, with an organizational chart! Or, rather, it didn't and I dig for shit like this all the time because it's one of my hobbies. But, hey, I don't know anything, right?

Arrogance is confidence without knowledge. Confidence is arrogance with knowledge. How you perceive my statements is up to you but this forum and this post is not the place to prove you wrong. So I will cease further discussion as to not ruin what was a perfectly fine thread. For the record your hobby has been my life for the past 7 years but hey just saying.

**Pm me.

Edited by PN11A

Supposing i were to want to edit your mod and put some personal symbols on the side of it, would i have your permission to do so? I've been wanting to take some good looking helmets and kinda do to them what pilots did to bombers back in WWII and put funny little personal/sentimental pictures for my men on the side of em. your ech's look pretty nice, so im choosing your mod (if allowed) and it wouldnt be anything major, just things like putting papa smurf on the side of a friend's helmet and so on, nothing that would take the credit away from your creation.