massi

Russian GRU and OMON Spetsnaz A3

wgsd.jpg

by massi

RUSSIAN GRU and OMON SPETSNAZ for ARMA3

Hi all,

As said for my African conflict units I’m proceeding with the update of my units pack in order to update vest and helmets armor config values to BI standards, and to equip them with latest weapon included in new version of NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack .

In this update I’ve also added specific group to make the units compatible with ALIVE mod, and I’ve added Spetsnaz helmet ported from A2 thanks to BI MLODs and updated loadouts of the units.

Other changes are listed in the changelog\readme.

I’ll proceed updating the rest of my units in next days !

Hope you’ll enjoy it !

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO, and Independent units, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom made headgear and retextured gear in order to represent Russian Spetsnaz GRU and OMON units as OPFOR in following types :

- GRU RUSSIAN TEMPERATE: unifroms in digital, flectarn-d, partizan camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN WOODLAND : uniforms in klmk, flora, skol camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN DESERT: uniforms in desert, vsr, berezka, kamish camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN ARCTIC: for snow and arctic environments.

- OMON URBAN SF

- GRU RUSSIAN(Vehicles): A3 vehicles adapted with Spetsnaz gear and crew: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Static weapons, helicopters....

- GRU RUSSIAN(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot and crew.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Para): Spetsnaz units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Divers): Spetsnaz divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Snipers): Spetsnaz snipers and spotters in ghillie suite temperate, desert, woodland and arctic.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with AK74M, AKMS, SVD, RPK, PKM, KSVS and Makarov from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units have their custom helmets and headgear.

- Assault units "Heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "Light" (soft headgear) versions.

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, IFV, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Static weapons, choppers, trucks wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

OPFOR- Russian Spetsnaz - GRU (sorted by camo)

Same for groups:

OPFOR- Russian Spetsnaz - GRU (sorted by types)

For ALIVE mod users config faction\groups name: mas_rus_spet

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.1 date 02/FEB/2014

- added compatibility with ALIVE MOD

- added new weapons and launchers from my NATO Sf/SPETSNAZ weapons pack

- added new russian GRU helmets

- updated armor values to meet BI standards

-updated signatures keys

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1/A2/OA sample models and MLODs , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, and the Spetsnaz helmets, thanks for the same reason above!

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Kaelies : thanks a lot for for PSO reticles textures !

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 Alpha !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vs167a3rcw0kcc4/Rus_Spet_A3_v%201.1.7z

BI forum thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160602-Russian-GRU-and-OMON-Spetsnaz-A3

GRU Spetsnaz Helmets:

9h06.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

Thanks for sending us the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi guys,massi thank you for this excellent mod-spetsnaz are my go to faction.

Reading what you wrote above im not sure i understand,does spetsnaz nowwork with ALIVE??? Or where you talking about the African units.Its funny as i just came here today to thank u for the mod and ask if this would be incorperated into ALIVE.

Peace brother

Have you read the changelog?

Yes i did,wanted to confirm i read it rite as alive didnt mention spetsnaz was working.

I just downloaded and it is working but with alive it will only spawn infy,is it supposed to spawn mechanized as is see the mechanized option but it wont work.

Yes they're ALive compatible ;) !

Yes they're ALive compatible ;) !

These units are Fantastic massi.I would have settled for a gru/spetsnaz mod half this good but now i dont have to ;)

One question and slight criticism.Now not being a modder myself i know i should prolly not criticise but what the hell.In terms of the units(love the new face wrap helms btw) they are as i said very detailed,however what was the reason the infantry have no form of glove/grips?

Im pretty sure you sure as hell didnt get lazy with it,just curious as iv always imagined and actually seen alot of spetsnaz footage and these items.

Now a question if you dont mind.Thanks for making it ALIVE compatible,but is there a way for me to spawn mechanized or armour/motorized and not just infy?

Best faction mod to date!

Thanks again man...ura!

These units are Fantastic massi.I would have settled for a gru/spetsnaz mod half this good but now i dont have to ;)

One question and slight criticism.Now not being a modder myself i know i should prolly not criticise but what the hell.In terms of the units(love the new face wrap helms btw) they are as i said very detailed,however what was the reason the infantry have no form of glove/grips?

Im pretty sure you sure as hell didnt get lazy with it,just curious as iv always imagined and actually seen alot of spetsnaz footage and these items.

Now a question if you dont mind.Thanks for making it ALIVE compatible,but is there a way for me to spawn mechanized or armour/motorized and not just infy?

Best faction mod to date!

Thanks again man...ura!

hi, sorry but maybe is better if you ask it on Alive thread, since I just followed their instruction to make the units compatible, but I don't know how it works in detail ;)

regards

massi

hi, sorry but maybe is better if you ask it on Alive thread, since I just followed their instruction to make the units compatible, but I don't know how it works in detail ;)

regards

massi

I did post to them,they seem boged down with the work but i shall ask again.

Cheers

Fisto, are you reprenting the "United Front for Language liberation" or something? Either that or you're looking for more culture in your gaming....

Every other post from you has been a request to activate a "real" language. Not criticising.. Just making an observation.. ;-)

SJ

Why not change the radio protocol to Russian from A2? That would be AMAZING!

Why not you try give it a go yourself and come back with an optional config for us all to enjoy?

[/color]

Fisto, are you reprenting the "United Front for Language liberation" or something? Either that or you're looking for more culture in your gaming....

Every other post from you has been a request to activate a "real" language. Not criticising.. Just making an observation.. ;-)

SJ

Well I got fed up with all my units in the mods I used speaking ENGLISH haha, good observation though!

---------- Post added at 04:03 ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 ----------

Why not you try give it a go yourself and come back with an optional config for us all to enjoy?

Yeah I'll get right on that ;). Haha well I have fairly minimal modding experience. Still trying to figure out how to make proper LODs

Edited by FistoGames

I absolutely love this mod and the other units, weapons, etc. Thanks for all your hard work Massi :)

I'm just wondering- has anyone figured out how you can use something like spunfin's ai script, etc. to call these units? Placing units on the editor or creating a spawn is ok, custom load out whatever. But it would be great to have the ability to use one the ai scripts. I know the class name for these units is mas_rus_spet. hmm.

Anyone tried or perhaps know how you would do that? I know spunfin's ai script has a custom init...just racking my brains as to the best way to do it.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

wgsd.jpg

by massi

RUSSIAN GRU and OMON SPETSNAZ for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m updating all my units pack in order to benefit from new weapons from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack and to make all their uniforms with working insigna.

There are also some small other fixies you’ll find in the changelog.

Hope you’ll enjoy it !

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO, and Independent units, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom made headgear and retextured gear in order to represent Russian Spetsnaz GRU and OMON units as OPFOR in following types :

- GRU RUSSIAN TEMPERATE: unifroms in digital, flectarn-d, partizan camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN WOODLAND : uniforms in klmk, flora, skol camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN DESERT: uniforms in desert, vsr, berezka, kamish camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN ARCTIC: for snow and arctic environments.

- OMON URBAN SF

- GRU RUSSIAN(Vehicles): A3 vehicles adapted with Spetsnaz gear and crew: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Static weapons, helicopters....

- GRU RUSSIAN(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot and crew.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Para): Spetsnaz units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Divers): Spetsnaz divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Snipers): Spetsnaz snipers and spotters in ghillie suite temperate, desert, woodland and arctic.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with AK74M, AKMS, SVD, RPK, PKM, KSVS and Makarov from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units have their custom helmets and headgear.

- Assault units "Heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "Light" (soft headgear) versions.

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, IFV, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Static weapons, choppers, trucks wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

OPFOR- Russian Spetsnaz - GRU (sorted by camo)

Same for groups:

OPFOR- Russian Spetsnaz - GRU (sorted by types)

For ALIVE mod users config faction\groups name: mas_rus_spet

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.2 date 01/AUG/2014

- added some new weapons from NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapon's pack

- fixed: armor values for items to make them more or less like BI

- fixed: wrong 1st lod texture for units

- fixed: insigna work now on all uniforms!

- fixed: russian mrap retextured fixed

v 1.1 date 02/FEB/2014

- added compatibility with ALIVE MOD

- added new weapons and launchers from my NATO Sf/SPETSNAZ weapons pack

- added new russian GRU helmets

- updated armor values to meet BI standards

-updated signatures keys

v 1.0 date 14/SEP/2013

- compatibility with A3 final release and latest NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack version

- added NVG for recon unit (not showed if not in use (day), better for light headgear)

- added more retextured vehicles (helicopters, all static weapons,trucks...)

- added UAV operator and static weapon's support units

- improved loadouts and gear

- fixed: VAS compatibility of items

- fixed: chestrig wrong textures

- fixed: groups added in classlist

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1/A2/OA sample models and MLODs , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, and the Spetsnaz helmets, thanks for the same reason above!

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Kaelies : thanks a lot for for PSO reticles textures !

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 Alpha !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qfmuo77muzyn9wm/Rus_Spet_A3_v_1.2.7z

BI forum thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160602-Russian-GRU-and-OMON-Spetsnaz-A3

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Thanks for sending us the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I absolutely love this mod and the other units, weapons, etc. Thanks for all your hard work Massi :)

I'm just wondering- has anyone figured out how you can use something like spunfin's ai script, etc. to call these units? Placing units on the editor or creating a spawn is ok, custom load out whatever. But it would be great to have the ability to use one the ai scripts. I know the class name for these units is mas_rus_spet. hmm.

Anyone tried or perhaps know how you would do that? I know spunfin's ai script has a custom init...just racking my brains as to the best way to do it.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Open the LV folder > Open militarize.sqf or fillhouse.sqf

change

Line #97 _redMenArray = [ADD WHATEVER UNITS YOU LIKE (refer to the "CLASSLIST_RUS" provided by massi]

Example:

_redMenArray = ["O_mas_rus_Soldier_F_wn","O_mas_rus_soldier_AR_F_wn","O_mas_rus_soldier_M_F_wn","O_mas_rus_soldier_Mhg_F_w","O_mas_rus_medic_F_wn"];

// Russian GRU OMON Spetsnaz (Unit)

GRU Artic:

"O_mas_rus_Soldier_F_wn","O_mas_rus_soldier_AR_F_wn","O_mas_rus_soldier_M_F_wn","O_mas_rus_soldier_Mhg_F_w","O_mas_rus_medic_F_wn"

Rifleman - "O_mas_rus_Soldier_F_wn"

Autorifleman - "O_mas_rus_soldier_AR_F_wn"

Marksman - "O_mas_rus_soldier_M_F_wn"

Sniper Ghillie - "O_mas_rus_soldier_Mhg_F_w"

Medic - "O_mas_rus_medic_F_wn"

I wanted to add a artic uniform to a bluefor IA but it doesn't work but the others uniforms do ... can you help me ?

I put in the init : " this adduniform"U_mas_rus_O_wint" "

Has anyone been having any issues involving most of the Russian uniforms? My brother and I both tried to put them on, but the only ones that seem to work are the flecktarn, TTSKO, and berezka gorka camos. The other uniforms are added into the inventory, but can't be equipped on the uniform slot.

Has anyone been having any issues involving most of the Russian uniforms? My brother and I both tried to put them on, but the only ones that seem to work are the flecktarn, TTSKO, and berezka gorka camos. The other uniforms are added into the inventory, but can't be equipped on the uniform slot.

that's quite strange since all of them have the same parent class, they're working for me

regards ;)

massi