massi

Russian GRU and OMON Spetsnaz A3

russpet_HEAD2_zps9cehzrod.jpg

by massi

RUSSIAN GRU and OMON SPETSNAZ for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m releasing the updates for my Russian units wich features udated damage system for body armor and headgear, plus revised camos and new models for backpacks and 6B13 armor.

In this version there’s also an high dispersion version of old ’80 troops which have their own faction  units and groups (Alive compatibles) equipped with high dispersion weapons.

There are also some small other fixies you’ll find in the changelog.

Hope you’ll enjoy this new update  !

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO, and Independent units, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom made  headgear and retextured gear in order to represent Russian Spetsnaz GRU and OMON units as OPFOR in following types :

- GRU Spetsnaz: Gorkas D/E uniforms camos with light headgear and OPS CORE.

- Army Vympel Spetsnaz : uniforms in klmk, flora, dig flora, skol camos with light headgear and Spetsnaz helmets.

- Alpha Group Spetsnaz: uniforms in multicam, vsr, berezka, surpat camos with light headgear and OPS CORE.

- OMON Spetsnaz: blue urban camo and Spetsnaz helmets.

- MDV Vityaz Spetsnaz: black and TTsko camo with light headgear and OPS CORE.

- Russian VDV Infantry: Russian Airborne VDV units with digital flora camo and modern helmets.

- Russian Motorized Infantry: Russian units with digital flora camo and modern helmets.

- Russian Naval Infantry: Russian Naval Infantry units with surpat camo and modern helmets.

- Spetsnaz Arctic: for snow and arctic environments.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Vehicles): A3 vehicles adapted with Spetsnaz gear and crew: Quad, CAS Plane, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Mortar, helicopters, logistic vehicles,plus T72, ZSU, BMP2, Mi8, Mi24, BTR60, BRDM2, UAZs, static weapons from my pack.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot, NBC units and crew.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Para): Spetsnaz units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Divers): Spetsnaz divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Snipers): Spetsnaz snipers and spotters in ghillie suite temperate, desert, woodland and arctic.

-RUSSIAN OLD '70 TAN ’80 KLMK TROOP: Russian infantry in flora camo and equipped with AKMs

-SOVIET INFANTRY HIGH DISPERSION: Russian infantry in flora camo and equipped with high dispersion AKMs

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with AK74M, AK12,  AKMS, SVD, RPK, PKM, KSVS and Makarov from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units have their custom helmets, headgear, vest, body armor, uniforms.

- HIGH DISPERSION variant of modern and old'70 and '80 era troops equipped with high dispersion weapons.

- Assault units "Heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "Light" (soft headgear) versions.

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Mortar, CAS Plane, Tank, Arty MBT wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Vehicles from my vehicle pack : T72, ZSU, BMP2, Mi8, Mi24, BTR60, BRDM2, UAZs, static weapons with firing from vehicles, sling load and advanced flight model features.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

OPFOR- Russian Federation Forces -  (sorted by camo)

OPFOR- Soviet Forces(HD) -  (sorted by unit)

Same for groups:

OPFOR- Russian Federation Forces -  (sorted by camo) )

OPFOR- Soviet Forces(HD) -  (sorted by unit)

FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : 

mas_rus_spet  = "Russian Federation Forces";

mas_rus_spet_80  = "Soviet '80 KMLK Infantry";

mas_rus_spet_70  = "Soviet '70 Tan Infantry";

FACTION NAME HIGH DISPERSION (TO USE IN ALIVE) :

mas_rus_spet_hd  = "Russian Federation Forces(HD)";

mas_rus_spet_80_hd  = "Soviet '80 KMLK Infantry(HD)";

mas_rus_spet_70_hd = "Soviet '70 Tan Infantry(HD)";

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

OPTIONAL CONFIG:

Just copy the "mas_rus_spet_v.pbo" file and its signature file in your addons folder to enable vehicles.

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack  Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack   Here (ONLY if you’re using optional vehicle config)

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.7  date 02/MAY/2016

- Added Russian radio protocol

- Added new helmet and vest models

- Updated uniform models

- Updated camos

- Added motorized infantry units

- Added old '70 (tan) and '80 (KLMK) units

- added HIGH DISPERSION faction modern and old units

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

Voodoo: thanks a lot for your awesome OPS CORE helmets, Peltors and watchcap, that made possible to update MICH hemets too!

AlexF1   http://arma.at.ua/ : basic model russian VDV paratrooper and berets that I used for infantry uniforms and related textures

Lodu OFrP: new Spetsnaz helmets public MLODs

Rusty , TheObscure , Nightmare515 , Tounushi :   camouflage base textures

andrewmarley: Russian VDV and infantry helmets

New GAP : by CG ARTStudio + Jhonny

_boby_ : SSH68 helmet

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3!

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6GnxXzbNVudHFia2FwUzlfNFE/view?usp=sharing 

STEAM Workshop standard:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=549905030

STEAM Workshop vehicle version:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=578690108

New units:

th_rus_pic_hh_2_zpsrdholt46.jpg

th_rus_pic_hh_1_zpspydj1xbp.jpg

th_Rus_new_h2_zpshfdll1jl.jpg

th_Rus_new_h3_zps9gaahte0.jpg

th_Rus_new_h4_zpsi4yn69ti.jpg

th_Rus_new_h5_zps6ukbhsth.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy them!

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

Thanks for sending us the update mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You know, with all the different threads/releases you've posted today, it might be easier just to condence each post (adding each section to a spoiler and each section in that like features and classnames a spoiler) and make a single release thread...

Wow .. thank you for the update :)

The overall quality is way too low for arma3 imo

The overall quality is way too low for arma3 imo

I cant believe you said that, can you do better?

Really not meant to be rude. I am just afraid that modders would think that we are done with russian weapons...

I would like to see this quality for russian weapons:

http://imgur.com/a/XGtEr

To answer your question, I am a professional 3d modeler, I wish I had time to contribute but I don't.

Really not meant to be rude. I am just afraid that modders would think that we are done with russian weapons...

To answer your question, I am a professional 3d modeler, I wish I had time to contribute but I don't.

Thanks for replying and explaining buddy.

Hey nice job but any chance you could make them more...tacticool? Haha, like knee pads, gloves, etc.

Hello Massi, your mod is awesome but I noticed that the Russian units are not carrying compatible suppressors for their Makarov's. They are carrying a U.S. suppressor instead. I think they used to carry the makarov suppressor or it used to be compatible, but it could just be my imagination. An example unit it the O_mas_rus_Soldier_F unit. Keep up the great work and the units and weapons are awesome!

Please SOMEONE tell me what mod these weapons are from...... :butbut: NEED.

Please SOMEONE tell me what mod these weapons are from...... :butbut: NEED.

RobertHammer is working on a M4/M16 pack, I don't believe it is released yet however.

mj9k.jpg

by massi

RUSSIAN GRU and OMON SPETSNAZ for ARMA3 v 1.0

Hi all,

As said for my US SOCOM units I’m proceeding with the update of my units pack in order to make them compatible with final A3 release and latest NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

In this update I’ve added some headgear (bandana off course!) and units and reworked loadouts and gear of the units.

I’ve also added dedicated textures to the vehicles that now includes also choppers, truck and all the static weapons to give them more realistic feel.

Other changes are listed in the changelog\readme.

Hope you’ll enjoy it ;) !

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO, and Independent units, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom made headgear and retextured gear in order to represent Russian Spetsnaz GRU and OMON units as OPFOR in following types :

- GRU RUSSIAN TEMPERATE: unifroms in digital, flectarn-d, partizan camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN WOODLAND : uniforms in klmk, flora, skol camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN DESERT: uniforms in desert, vsr, berezka, kamish camos.

- GRU RUSSIAN ARCTIC: for snow and arctic environments.

- OMON URBAN SF

- GRU RUSSIAN(Vehicles): A3 vehicles adapted with Spetsnaz gear and crew: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Static weapons, helicopters....

- GRU RUSSIAN(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot and crew.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Para): Spetsnaz units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Divers): Spetsnaz divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- GRU RUSSIAN(Snipers): Spetsnaz snipers and spotters in ghillie suite temperate, desert, woodland and arctic.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with AK74M, AKMS, SVD, RPK, PKM, KSVS and Makarov from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units have their custom helmets and headgear.

- Assault units "Heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "Light" (soft headgear) versions.

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, IFV, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Static weapons, choppers, trucks wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

OPFOR- Russian Spetsnaz - GRU (sorted by camo)

Same for groups:

OPFOR- Russian Spetsnaz - GRU (sorted by types)

Requirements.

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.0 date 14/SEP/2013

- compatibility with A3 final release and latest NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack version

- added NVG for recon unit (not showed if not in use (day), better for light headgear)

- added more retextured vehicles (helicopters, all static weapons,trucks...)

- added UAV operator and static weapon's support units

- improved loadouts and gear

- fixed: VAS compatibility of items

- fixed: chestrig wrong textures

- fixed: groups added in classlist

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1 sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Kaelies : thanks a lot for for PSO reticles textures !

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 Alpha !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/02edhpva1epydtv/Rus_Spet_A3_v_1.0a.7z

BI forum thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160602-Russian-GRU-and-OMON-Spetsnaz-A3

Few pics of the units in action:

q37z.jpg

4vkp.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks a lot ! and again thanks a lot for the mirror Foxhound ;)

Cheers

massi

mj9k.jpg

Hi,

This is a quick fix for a DEDICATED SERVER issue taht few users reported using the units, to install this update, just copy

the config files of the addon (that you have already installed) and paste them in the modfolder where the addon is actually located,

REPLACING the old configs with the new ones.

NOTE: I'm posting this on all my units thread, but you only need to download it once since the fix already includes all the

config files for all my units pack, just install the ones you need.

Thanks to Shadow for reporting the issue and testing the fix.

DL link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/01hbjc9u22j691g/mas_units_dediserv_fix0.1.7z

Best Regards

massi

Edited by massi

hi,

it is not possible to create a group (woodland) with same camouflage schemes ? So there a 4 different Schemes in a Group with SL, TL, AR, Marksmen and Soldier !? That is real ?

Greetings

massi thanks for all your units!!!Nice job!

I am playing it with AiA+Jsrs and all this is bringing back the immersion that arma 3 vanilla took away! Its kinda like the feeling of playing arma 2 vs arma 2 ace!

Are you planing to make some takistan/taliban units or something like that...middle east? Would be nice!

Thanks for the awesome units massi! I've downloaded all of them & look forward to seeing more. Air Force Combat Control & Pararescue as well as Coast Guard are high on my list.

Massi mate, I am trying to put these Russians into the annex map and I have an issue, I know its stupid probably I am an old fart so bare with me lol.

_spawnGroup = [_randomPos, EAST, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfSquad")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

"O_mas_rus_soldier_LAA_F_d" createUnit [_randomPos, _spawnGroup];

What is the classname string for your Russians for tup there? I got the missile guy obviously, but I am not seeing the deal on the class name for the groups.

If you could point me in the right direction it would be luvely mate.

Hi Massi , I love your mod but having troubles with custom loadouts

I really need the code of the faction , I try to explain

for vanilla opfor I have this

case "OPF_F":{[] call compile preprocessFile "Loadouts\LoadoutsOpf.sqf";};

what for you russian faction ? I need a code like this one "OPF_F"

well many thanks again for your mods :)

EDIT

found it under CfgFactionClasses , "mas_rus_spet"

Edited by HaZZarD

I like those Russian camo, but I've found a bug, that is even if you r wearing other camo in the 3rd person view, it turns back woodland camo in the first person view. pls check and tweak it.