massi

UK Special Operations A3

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi, since the update the H_mas_uk_HelmetB has disappeared. I scripted it into my loadout, uploaded the mission to my server and I cant see the helmet,

Hi, since the update the H_mas_uk_HelmetB has disappeared. I scripted it into my loadout, uploaded the mission to my server and I cant see the helmet,

I confirmed that,that helmet no longer in this pack,but I think most guys would miss it.So any chance to bring it back in next update,@massi?

I confirmed that,that helmet no longer in this pack,but I think most guys would miss it.So any chance to bring it back in next update,@massi?

hi,

probably not since this was a standard BI helmets, and you can still find it ingame, sorry.

regards ;)

massi

The thing is when i update it on my server it stops the server from booting up. I get an error message so i have to use previous version :(

hi,

probably not since this was a standard BI helmets, and you can still find it ingame, sorry.

regards ;)

massi

I represent a gaming community (40+ players) and we have used and using your mods since.. like your first.

We are very grateful that you have and spending your time making good mods.

Not good.. great mods.

But now for the first time, we feel that a feedback would be in order.

The new helmets looked like new "baked" from factory = not good

LEA preped missions messed up

You really need to have a look at your textures on the new helmets, hats etc.

We deleted the sfp mod long time ago cuz of this. Looks to "fresh"

We know that new stuff is nice but when we make like 12-20 new missions, templates etc we get a hard time editing missions.

The last Chinook pack when they changes class names is just one example.

We have a question/suggestion.

Is it possible that you keep the old stuff and just add new items/classnames so that already made missions should not be affected?

I understand that Deep functionality and dependencies to core game will be affected.

Thanks in advance

Hemglass

hi,

regards ;)

massi

I'm just about to say what the last guy relied.We need those old stuffs of your mod to start the already made missions,but now they can't find the pbo of the old stuffs,some of them is the old helmets and hats,some old helmets and hats are missing in the new version and cause a lot of problem.

And may I ask am I good to mix some the old PBOs with your new ones?This is the only way i can find to both have the old and new stuffs.Will this cause some conflict

between files?

Anyway,I love all the new stuffs in your new version,and hope you can keep up good work,cheers.

And merry christmas.(In my county we never celebrate christmas day so I forgot to say this to you,sorry;))

Edited by JinougaF

I'm just about to say what the last guy relied.We need those old stuffs of your mod to start the already made missions,but now they can't find the pbo of the old stuffs,some of them is the old helmets and hats,some old helmets and hats are missing in the new version and cause a lot of problem.

And may I ask am I good to mix some the old PBOs with your new ones?This is the only way i can find to both have the old and new stuffs.Will this cause some conflict

between files?

Anyway,I love all the new stuffs in your new version,and hope you can keep up good work,cheers.

And merry christmas.(In my county we never celebrate christmas day so I forgot to say this to you,sorry;))

Hi,

well the pbo are always the same, so I'm sorry but you can't mix them up they just overwrite each other, I think best solution is just to open the mix files and delete the old spare helmets object if they're present (and that could be the only compatibility issue that could be exist since no other class names change were made).

regards ;)

massi

Hi,

well the pbo are always the same, so I'm sorry but you can't mix them up they just overwrite each other, I think best solution is just to open the mix files and delete the old spare helmets object if they're present (and that could be the only compatibility issue that could be exist since no other class names change were made).

regards ;)

massi

Huh,got that.And that means you will not bring the old helmets and hats back,yes?

I think I may enjoy the new stuffs anyway,lol.And is there any plan for winter camo weapons?Or is there already some winter camo weapons in this pack?

the artic units are using desert weapons, which are not too far from a winter camo ;)

the artic units are using desert weapons, which are not too far from a winter camo ;)

Yep,I just noticed that,lol.;)

You can also, like we now did, use the previous version 1.3 from Play withsix.

The new 1.4 dont have Wood and desert textures on the helmets (well I didnt find it)

so our setups looks really strange with 1.4

And as I said b4, it looks to fresh, plastic and some textures dont show the camo very vell.

We will not be using 1.4+ until this is sorted out I think. We do think however that these new models can be great in the future.

You can also, like we now did, use the previous version 1.3 from Play withsix.

The new 1.4 dont have Wood and desert textures on the helmets (well I didnt find it)

so our setups looks really strange with 1.4

And as I said b4, it looks to fresh, plastic and some textures dont show the camo very vell.

We will not be using 1.4+ until this is sorted out I think. We do think however that these new models can be great in the future.

or you can just use the latest version of the mod and make a quick replacement config that will put back the old/BI helmets in , and re-eqip the units with that, this sound like the best solution since you can still have advantage of the new version and keep old stuff in.

to do so just take the old version files, open them with eliteness and take the needed helmet textures/config parts, and that's it...I did remove those old helmets, as I said previously, to lower the file size, add new (and from my point more realistic) helmets, and they not seems too new or plastic from my point of view.

best regards ;)

massi

Well, the creator of the mod should get the final say in what goes in his/her mod

Ofc, but you clearly dont make templates and missions for over 40 players.

I just make suggestions and feedback.. I dont think its my place to tell creators what they shall do with their mods.

But I can give feedbacks.. For us.. its not just open elitness.. We have like 27 templates... over 40 missions = hrs of editing b4 they are up and running. So.. the easy way is to reverse the version.

So b4 next time you make a silly Point.. just read and plz try to understand others perspective.

We still adore massi mods and will sure use them cuz they are awsome.

//H

Ofc, but you clearly dont make templates and missions for over 40 players.

I just make suggestions and feedback.. I dont think its my place to tell creators what they shall do with their mods.

But I can give feedbacks.. For us.. its not just open elitness.. We have like 27 templates... over 40 missions = hrs of editing b4 they are up and running. So.. the easy way is to reverse the version.

So b4 next time you make a silly Point.. just read and plz try to understand others perspective.

We still adore massi mods and will sure use them cuz they are awsome.

//H

I just wanted to point out the obvious before this thread turned into endless orders for Massi, just trying to keep the peace here....:butbut:

No need to be rude about it, its Christmas!!:xmas_o:

No sense getting bent out of shape :) Personally, love the mod, can see us continuing to use it as our stock blue team for the foreseeable. :)

That said, personally, I have to agree with some here, I tend to prefer the previous hats n helmets. I can see how the new OPS CORE helmets are supposed to look better, but owning a real OPS CORE FAST Carbon personally I have to say there's something not quite right that I can't quite put my finger on.

Would be nice to see the SFSG officer given a regular rifle as opposed to MP5 (which is not realistic really), and would be nice to see officer and squad leader roles being added to SFSG Recon (H) and SFSG Recon (L). But that's just so it fits our scenarios :)

Keep up the good work Massi!

Guest HellGhost

Hi !

Your units mods are really great, that should be a real plus if I add them in my list of mods.

Just... I don't like the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons and NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Vehicles mods.

I just find that the quality is too low compared to the ArmA III engine give us in vanilla content and many mods.

Do you think that you can do alternative versions of all your units mods to disable dependencies of your weapons and vehicles mods ?

9iur.jpg

by massi

UK SPECIAL FORCES for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m updating all my units pack in order equip them with the some new weapons from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz pack and to add new optional config to remove vehicles and dependency from my NATO SF Spetsnaz vehicles pack as requested from several users, but I really advice to read the instructions first.

There are also some small other fixies you’ll find in the changelog.

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO, and Independent units and vehicles, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom made headgear and retextured gear in order to represent UK Forces Special Operations units in following types :

- SAS-SBS(woodland): for temperate and wooden areas, with DPM Woodland, US woodland black and green shirts camo variants.

- SAS-SBS(desert): for arid and desert environments, with DPM Desert, US desert DCU tan and grey shirts camo variants.

- SAS-SBS(multicam): SF operators in MTP camo for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas with tan and green shirts camo variants.

- SFSG(MTP): SFSG operators in MTP camo for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas.

- SF(DA): for CQB\ Direct Action wearing coverall.

- SF\SFSG(Arctic): for snow and arctic environments.

- SF\SFSG(Vehicles): A3 vehicles adapted with Italian SOF gear and crew plus Land Rovers, CH47, UH1Y and Static weapons.

- SF\SFSG(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot and crew.

- SF\SFSG(Para): SF units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- SF\SFSG(Divers): SF divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- SF\SFSG(Snipers): SF snipers and spotters in ghillie suite multicam, desert, woodland and arctic.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with L119A1, M249, Mk48, M240, SR25, M107, Browning HP, Glock and launchers from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets and headgear.

- Uniforms have more "SF" look, with different camos and plain colors shirts combinations.

- Heavy gear assault units for all the camos.

- Recon units for all the camos in 2 version "heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "light" (soft headgear).

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured A3 vehicles: CAS Plane, Quad, MRAPs, APC, Tanks, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Mortar, all static weapons, helicopters, trucks wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Vehicles from my vehicle pack : Land Rovers, CH47, Static weapons with firing from vehicles, sling load and advanced flight model features.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

UK Special Ops - SAS-SBS (sorted by camo)

Same for groups:

UK Special Ops - SAS-SBS (sorted by types)

NO VEHICLES OPTIONAL CONFIG:

I made this optional config to remove vehicles from the pack on users demand.

It will remove dependancy from my NATO SF Spetsnaz Vehicle pack, so if you use this optional config you don't need this pack anymore, but BE ADVISED IT COULD CAUSE COMPATIBILITY ISSUES BETWEEN DIFFERENT VERSION OF THE ADDON (VEHICLE AND NON-VEHICLES) AND WITH PREVIOUS MISSIONS (DEPENDANCIES AND MISSING VEHICLES) SO USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

In order to use it:

- open @mas/addons

- REMOVE "mas_ukf_sftg_c.pbo" file and replace it with "mas_ukf_sftg_noveh_c.pbo"

- done

For ALIVE mod users config faction\groups name: mas_ukf_sftg

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

Requirements.

Latest version of my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack Here (NOT needed if you're using the included NO Vehicle optional config)

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.5 date 01/FEB/2014

- added some new weapons from NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapon's pack (L119 CQB and MP7 handguns)

- added optional config to remove NATO SF Spetsnaz VEHICLES dependancy (read instructions can cause issues!)

- adjusted OPS CORE size to reflect RL counterparts

- improved: units loadout

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

Voodoo: thanks a lot for your awesome OPS CORE helmets, Peltors and watchcap, that made possible to update MICH hemets too!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3!

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s8myteefrnwn1kx/UK_SFTG_A3_v_1.5a.7z

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!