massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

the sounds still aren't working for me. Is there a conflict with JSRS?

No conflict on my install; sounds work great, with and without JSRS.

Is there any addon for Independence side that use NATO SF and RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ weapons?

If you change each of those combinations to 'scope=1' they will be absent from Virtual Ammobox/Arsenal/etc, but still be used by your units. Keep the base weapons as 'scope=2'. I think it would please a lot of people.

I'm one of those 'peoples'.

In fact, I didn't know that this is possible!

do you mind to show a small example?

Edited by deniodan
quote BadHabitz

If you change each of those combinations to 'scope=1' they will be absent from Virtual Ammobox/Arsenal/etc, but still be used by your units. Keep the base weapons as 'scope=2'. I think it would please a lot of people.

That's a good idea...I could make an optional config that would set all accessoried weapons to scope=1...so one can choose to leave all the weapons in boxes as they are now, or removing them from VAS placing the optional config file in the addon folder...do you think it could work?

massi I would suggest setting that option as DEFAULT.. and having an optional config to show all weapons might be the most popular option ?

99% of people will always mix and match their loadouts. One gun from here, a scope from there. So as long as the option was still available to your units ie.. with the "scope=1" scenario mentioned above we would all be happy and your excellent units would still have correct loadouts :-)

SJ

Hi,

expect a release soon this week-end of the pack since I found the time to update sounds and include the SCARs from A2 Mlods, with also other small fixies ;)

best regards

massi

Thx Massi for your reactivity !

Direct on our MP public server on a very exclusive H24 map...

Hey Massi, is there anyway I could potentially remove or disable certain parts of this mod? For example, I have another weapon pack that kinda conflicts with this one, and I really just need to disable the Glock.

That's a good idea...I could make an optional config that would set all accessoried weapons to scope=1...so one can choose to leave all the weapons in boxes as they are now, or removing them from VAS placing the optional config file in the addon folder...do you think it could work?
I don't think it needs to be an optional config. I think the portion of the community that uses VAS with your mod is much larger than the portion that pulls weapons out of boxes. Even if they use item boxes, they can still grab the weapons and accessories and combine them themselves.

As you've stated, the only reason you have those accessoried weapons is because of your units. Scope=1 would allow you to have that same functionality with your units and be more multiplayer/VAS friendly at the same time.

I don't think it needs to be an optional config. I think the portion of the community that uses VAS with your mod is much larger than the portion that pulls weapons out of boxes. Even if they use item boxes, they can still grab the weapons and accessories and combine them themselves.

As you've stated, the only reason you have those accessoried weapons is because of your units. Scope=1 would allow you to have that same functionality with your units and be more multiplayer/VAS friendly at the same time.

I agree. It makes no sense for people to grab preconfigured weapons out of boxes and out of VAS when you can configure weapons now how you want them with scopes and other accessories. It's not ArmA 2 anymore, plus it greatly clutters VAS/Arsenal with preconfigured weapons.

Hi,

so no problem...it will be scope=1 for all accessoried weapons ;)

regards

massi

scope=1 also works for other things, like your pre-filled backpacks for your units. But I think that's less of an issue in relation to the accessoried weapons.

Great news, Massi, if you add scope=1 to all your weapons configs and get rid of VAS cluttering I can finally add your weapon pack to my "Light" ArmA launcher preset (I have it on my "heavy" presets, which are pested with excessive mod conflicts =P) and play the gazillion steamworkshop missions that require it!

cheers ;)

all the new weapons don't show on my servers loadout crate? they do in the editor but not in the server, here a example of my script, the older FAL works, but any of the additional weapons the scar range and UZi dnt show

_this addweaponcargoGlobal ["arifle_mas_mk17", _weaponAmount]; <----- don't work on server

_this addweaponcargoGlobal ["arifle_mas_fal", _weaponAmount]; <----- Works fine on server

all the new weapons don't show on my servers loadout crate? they do in the editor but not in the server, here a example of my script, the older FAL works, but any of the additional weapons the scar range and UZi dnt show

_this addweaponcargoGlobal ["arifle_mas_mk17", _weaponAmount]; <----- don't work on server

_this addweaponcargoGlobal ["arifle_mas_fal", _weaponAmount]; <----- Works fine on server

I don't know...maybe because they have adifferent class CfgPatches : class mas_weapons_nw

regards

massi

4rpe.jpg

by massi

NATO SF and RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ WEAPONS for A3

Hi,

I'm releasing a quick update that should include most of the features requested after last update.

Mainly there are the new L119A1 (UK C8 carabine) rifles in all camo, included M203 and UGL, that will equip my UK Spec Ops units shortly, and I've set all accessoried weapons to scope = 1 , so now only BASE CLASSES will be listed, but this will not effect the units equipped with them.

Description

The weapons that equip my SF units will be found in the editor in 3 ammo boxes divided by sides as follow:

NATO SF Weapons:

- M4A1, M4A1 M203, M4A1 AG36 black, desert, woodland and CQB versions

- HK416, HK416 M203, HK416 AG36 black, desert, woodland and CQB versions

- L119A1, L119A1 M203, L119A1 UGL black, desert, woodland

- M16, M16 M203 black versions

- SCAR-L standard and short barrel with EGLM versions

- SCAR-H with EGLM version

- G3, G3 M203 fixed and folding stock versions

- FN FAL, FN FAL M203

- HK417, SR25 black, desert and woodland versions

- SCAR-H Marksman and M110 Marksman Rifle

- M24 black, desert and woodland versions

- M107 black, desert and woodland versions

- M249 black, desert and woodland versions

- MK48(placeholder) black, desert and woodland versions

- M240 black

- MP5A5, MP5SD6 black, desert, woodland and underwater versions

- Submachinegun in handgun slots: SA61 Skorpion and Micro UZI

- Beretta M9, Glock 17, USP, ACP.

- Benelli M1014 shotgun.

- Anti-Tank launchers: M136 AT-4, M3 MAAWS.

- Anti-Air launcher: FIM-92 Stinger.

Spetsnaz GRU Weapons:

- AK74M, AK74M GL black and camo versions

- AK74M, AK74M GL SF Rails versions black and camo

- AKS74, AKS74 GL versions

- AKMS, AKMS GL black and camo versions

- AKM, AKM GL versions

- SVD

- KSVK black and camo versions

- RPK

- PKM

- Zastava M70s , M72 and M91

- AK74U black and camo versions

- Bizon

- MP-443 Grach

- Makarov.

- Saiga 12 shotgun.

- Anti-Tank launchers: RPG 7, RPG 18.

- Anti-Air launcher: SA-7 Strela.

Optics and gear:

- Pisto suppressor

- Rifle Suppressor

- Acog, Aimpoint, Sniper optics (NV capable), ANPEQ15 laser pointer

- PSO, PSO Sniper (NV capable)

Backpacks: for my unit's addons

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Changelog:

v 1.4 date 01/AUG/2014

- Added L119A1 (UK SF C8 carabine), L119A1 M203, L119A1 UGL black, desert, woodland

- Added MP-443 Grach russian pistol (just BI Rook40 renamed)

- Updated SCAR-H and SCAR-H EGLM model (muzzle was bigger than suppressors)

- Updated: Set all accessoried weapons to scope=1 so ONLY BASE CLASSES SHOW in LISTs

DL Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/24d0fods63rf3bm/NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_v_1.4.7z

New weapons:

th_USrifle_5_zpsa44595b8.jpg

Best Regards

massi

Edited by massi

Many thanks for sending us your updated work :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons v1.4

required_addons.png

(only required if you wish to use the asdg_jointrails_mas_weapons.pbo optional config)

ASDG Joint Rails

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Love the Mod. Any plans on adding some of the modern AK variants like the AK-12?

Hi Massi!

Awesome job on 1.4 ... I looooove the initiative and got a MASSIve (harhar ;D) effin' boner when I read the changelog with the added L119A1. Cudoz and keep up the awesome job :D

Just to nitpick some there's a few details that might seem small but kinda makes the L119A1 different visually from the other AR15's;

* Biggest most notable (to me ); barrel being 16" and the special barrel profile: http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/C8-SFW.jpg

* Front sight. Atleast early models had this gasblock/front sight: http://www.dmt07.com/airsoft/FEB2009/1K_SFW_03.jpg (Couldn't find any real steel close-up pics so airsoft will have to do. In this case it's actually correct. This being a fairly minor detail ;D)

* Stock. Ingame model uses the 6-pos LE stock not the correct regular old school 4-pos that's on the new-weap-pic above.

* New weapons pic in your post above shows the buttpad, ingame does not.

* Pistol grip is made by Lonestar Ordnance and is called "Stowaway Grip" and has a slightly different profile (quite a bit fatter) from the regular A2-grip: http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/naem08/002.jpg

* Magazine looks like a non-see-thru G36 magazine. More correct would be STANAG/Pmag/Emag depending on era.

Don't get me wrong, these are no complaints, just friendly hints if you want to improve even further. I have a few of the parts athome if you want more detailed photos than the ones above.

:inlove:

One quick question:

Would it be possible to have the Scar family weapons have a black variant to them?

Just to nitpick some there's a few details that might seem small but kinda makes the L119A1 different visually from the other AR15's;

* Biggest most notable (to me ); barrel being 16" and the special barrel profile: http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/C8-SFW.jpg

* Front sight. Atleast early models had this gasblock/front sight: http://www.dmt07.com/airsoft/FEB2009/1K_SFW_03.jpg (Couldn't find any real steel close-up pics so airsoft will have to do. In this case it's actually correct. This being a fairly minor detail ;D)

The 16" L119A1 barrel actually has a slightly different profile to the standard Colt Canada SFW barrel pictured in your link. The thickest 'ring' in the SFW barrel's profile is machined down on the L119A1 barrel, so it doesn't bulge out so much: http://i.imgur.com/bbpwQmp.jpg

The above pic also shows the reinforced gasblock you were referring to, on a real rifle ;)

The short-barreled (CQB) upper receiver for the L119A1 just has the standard, non-reinforced gasblock but without a bayonet lug: http://i.imgur.com/fAqTtCQ.jpg

You can also see the reinforced lower section of the KAC RIS handguard that was developed for the L119 in the above photo (has a metal plate running through the lower handguard).

Edited by da12thMonkey

da12thMonkey: ah, so the early pics were more of a prototype or test stage? Thx for letting me know! :)

ref: http://www.firearmsworld.net/usa/m16/diemaco/2228.jpg

not to be rude but the gas block pic really is airsoft.

ref: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=76944

Agreed on the SBR-version gas block tho ;D

Well, according to KAC the only difference between the "SAS" RAS lower and normal lower rail is that the SAS-version clamps to the nut, not just sits there by delta ring pressure like the normal one. I've only held one in my hands once and that was a few years to many ago, but I'm pretty sure there was no reinforcement other than that.

Sry for taking the thread offtopic! :)

Would be awesome to get the RCO, MRCO ARCO and all the scopes also in desert, not only in woodland camouflage :)