massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

New DEV Branch turns off the sound for this pack, apparently BIS is changing how sounds are handled soon. Massi should accomodate.

I know massi mentioned that his time is limited for the work on his addon packs. This question is directed towards massi.... Would you be open to someone updating the textures for these weapons or for your skins addons?

I know massi mentioned that his time is limited for the work on his addon packs. This question is directed towards massi.... Would you be open to someone updating the textures for these weapons or for your skins addons?

But if he does not xhange the sound then soon it will be broken.

Fixing these weapons shouldn't be too bad. As a test I fixed up the PKM. If massi doesn't have the time and is ok with it, I'm sure the community can fix everything up.

class CfgPatches
{
class pabst_mas_fixTest
{
	requiredaddons[] = {"mas_weapons_ak"};
	requiredversion = 1.0;
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {"LMG_mas_pkm_F"};
	magazines[] = {};
};
};

class Mode_FullAuto;

class CfgWeapons
{
class LMG_Mk200_F;

class LMG_mas_pkm_F: LMG_Mk200_F
{
	class manual: Mode_FullAuto
	{
		sounds[] = {StandardSound, SilencedSound};

class BaseSoundModeType /// I am too lazy to copy this twice into both standard and silenced sounds, that is why there is a base class from which both inherit (and sound of closure stays the same no matter what muzzle accessory is used)
		{
			weaponSoundEffect  = "DefaultRifle";

closure1[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\closure\sfx7",1.12202,1,10};
			closure2[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\closure\sfx8",1.12202,1,10};
			soundClosure[] = {"closure1",0.5,"closure2",0.5};
		};

class StandardSound: BaseSoundModeType /// Sounds inside this class are used when soundTypeIndex = 0, according to sounds[]
		{
			begin1[] = {"\mas_ru_rifle\sounds\pkm_s1",1,1,1200};
			begin2[] = {"\mas_ru_rifle\sounds\pkm_s2",1,1,1200};
			begin3[] = {"\mas_ru_rifle\sounds\pkm_s3",1,1,1200};
			begin4[] = {"\mas_ru_rifle\sounds\pkm_s4",1,1,1200};
			soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.25,"begin2",0.25,"begin3",0.25,"begin4",0.25};
		};

class SilencedSound: BaseSoundModeType /// Sounds inside this class are used when soundTypeIndex = 1, according to sounds[]
		{
			begin1[] = {"\mas_ru_rifle\sounds\pkm_s1",1,1,1200};
			begin2[] = {"\mas_ru_rifle\sounds\pkm_s2",1,1,1200};
			begin3[] = {"\mas_ru_rifle\sounds\pkm_s3",1,1,1200};
			begin4[] = {"\mas_ru_rifle\sounds\pkm_s4",1,1,1200};
			soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.25,"begin2",0.25,"begin3",0.25,"begin4",0.25};
		};
		/// various other fire mode parameters
	};
	class close: manual {};
	class short: close	{};
	class medium: close	{};
	class far_optic1: medium		{};
	class far_optic2: far_optic1 	{};
};
};

Love the addon but I am having a small issue (and I am a newbie). I play Patrol Ops, host a server and can't seem to get these weapons to show up in the VAS on my server. But I do have access to my Saved Loadout and the skins all appear if someone else has them. So I am very confused. Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Love the addon but I am having a small issue (and I am a newbie). I play Patrol Ops, host a server and can't seem to get these weapons to show up in the VAS on my server. But I do have access to my Saved Loadout and the skins all appear if someone else has them. So I am very confused. Did I miss something?

Thanks!

can you see all other weapons in the VAS or none? If you can see none, then you should check that you have got the stringtable.xml in the missions main directory. You may also want to check the VAS config.sqf of that mission, in case it strictly tells it to only include certain stuff (which I doubt anyone would go through the trouble of making).

Do you see the weapons in the VAS of other missions?

Patrol Ops modifies content of VAS. For a full VAS box u need to replace the PO-VAS with "vanilla" VAS-files or something similar. I think there are instructions on how to do that in the PO-thread in User Missions

Am I the only one that have no sound with these weapons? I get a message with a problem with Single.Standardsound... I installed the whole package through Play withSIX... If someone could help me.

Tkx!

Am I the only one that have no sound with these weapons? I get a message with a problem with Single.Standardsound... I installed the whole package through Play withSIX... If someone could help me.

Tkx!

It is to do with changes to how sound works in the game. It is up to massi to fix it. If you want sound then go back to the stable branch until that gets updated.

It's not too hard to fix, I've already fixed all the sounds (except the silenced ones) for my private use.

I'm ready for the audio update!:cool:

If massi doesn't update it himself, permission to release your fix pepe would be nice.

Yeah, but from who? Massi doesn't seem to respond to PM.

I'll try again to get in touch in with him, but hopefully, he'll find time to properly update everything. ;)

Bootcamp is near!

I've PM'ed Massi to request authorisation to release the audio fix for his weapon pack.

Let's wait & see!

If it is just a "fix" who does not include the original mod you would probably not need any permission - it's like an optional config i think - correct me if i'm wrong. But there will be an update... hopefully.

Edited by Vasilyevich

Hi,

I just PM to Pepe Hal that it'll be great if he could release a quick fix for the sound problem, and I'll be very greatfull for that ;) , since for now I'm still a lot busy with RL stuff and I have really few time to work on projects.unfortunately.

Anyway I'm still working on my addons and I'll release updates in the future, but not so close

Best regards

massi

...also I'm quite curious to know what kind of sound modification are required to the config since next update...so I'll include and fix them in next weapon's pack update ;) !

Edited by massi

Thanks for the reply Massi!

I'll take some time and see if I can fix the supressed sounds as well.

It is a rather tedious task, so don't expect a release before this week-end fellas. :P

Just a question though, do you guys prefer a replacement file (you'll need to overwrite one of the PBOs with mine) or a Patch (one additional file)?

As Massi has given his blessing to your fix, pepeHal, so a Replacement file should be better (if he didn´t, then a patch would be mandatory), less extra files that could get loose when Massi finally updates his mods in a nearer future ;)

That's a good point, replacement file it is then!

Argh! I'm gonna give up on those supressed sounds, they're a bit complicated to sort out and I don't have as much time as I'd like.

I'll probably release the fix as it is tomorrow. :/

EDIT : The audio fix is available!

Edited by Pepe Hal

2 quick questions :)

Since the last arma 3 update , some of the weapon sounds no longer work ...

Also :) Is there a way to set a "weight" to the modded weapons , people can load MANY of them into their backpacks as it stands ;( :)

Thanks in advance!

T_T

The fix for the weapon sounds is above your post...

+1 for the weight though.

Hi Pepe Hal,

How are you going to fix the sound suppressor.