massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Hey Massi, can you confirm; does this mod use higher damage values for the weapons/ammo (eg: bullet mass? muzzle velocity? penetration? etc?) than what is in the vanilla weapons?

Ever since the ADAPT update, I've found your weapons are dropping CSAT units way too easily!

7.62 will OSK a CSAT soldier within 120m and 5.56 never takes more than 3 (and that's leg shots!)

I'm actually considering going back to the vanilla weapons just so the AI are a challenge again :p

Hey Massi, can you confirm; does this mod use higher damage values for the weapons/ammo (eg: bullet mass? muzzle velocity? penetration? etc?) than what is in the vanilla weapons?

Ever since the ADAPT update, I've found your weapons are dropping CSAT units way too easily!

7.62 will OSK a CSAT soldier within 120m and 5.56 never takes more than 3 (and that's leg shots!)

I'm actually considering going back to the vanilla weapons just so the AI are a challenge again :p

Im not Massi, but I just want to chip in here. A while ago there were complaints that the weapons are too underpowered against CSAT, and now you're bringing up its too overpowered?

That's actually how it is in vanilla.

Im not Massi, but I just want to chip in here. A while ago there were complaints that the weapons are too underpowered against CSAT, and now you're bringing up its too overpowered?

I'm asking if the latest update might have made Massi's weapons more powerful than he had wanted them to be. ;)

That's actually how it is in vanilla.

Oh really? So it only takes 1-2 shots to down a target even with the vanilla weapons now? I did not realise that this was the case. Guess I've been rocking Massi's HK's too much recently haha

Thank you very nice HK416! :)

I'm glad if you will append a AAC suppressor for HK416 someday.

I am using the NT4 suppressor now.

Edited by e1bzu.24yk

4rpe.jpg

by massi

NATO SF and RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ WEAPONS for A3

Hi all,

I’ve updated my weapon pack in the few spare time I’ve got ;)

First of all I’d like to thanks BI for releasing their great A2/OA MLODs wich made possible to include in this update new weapons such as A-A launchers, A-T launchers, Bizon, FN FAL, shotguns, and also Vilas again for a compete new family of Ak74M and Ak74M GL with rails for Special Forces.

I tried to fix few issues reported by users, work is still slowly proceeding, the addon is still under development and I’ll work in spare time to complete the pack (for now future plans include adding SCAR family rifles in near future to equip my US Rangers).

Hope you’ll enjoy the update, off course I’ll update as soon as possible also my units in order to equip them with the new weapons included in this pack , and thank you very much to all of you for your support and suggestions ;) !

Description

The weapons that equip my SF units will be found in the editor in 3 ammo boxes divided by sides as follow:

NATO SF Weapons:

- M4A1, M4A1 M203, M4A1 AG36 black, desert, woodland and CQB versions

- HK416, HK416 M203, HK416 AG36 black, desert, woodland and CQB versions

- M16, M16 M203 black versions

- G3, G3 M203 fixed and folding stock versions

- FN FAL, FN FAL M203

- HK417, SR25 black, desert and woodland versions

- M24 black, desert and woodland versions

- M107 black, desert and woodland versions

- M249 black, desert and woodland versions

- MK48(placeholder) black, desert and woodland versions

- M240 black

- MP5A5, MP5SD6 black, desert, woodland and underwater versions

- Beretta M9, Glock 17, USP, ACP.

- Benelli M1014 shotgun.

- Anti-Tank launchers: M136 AT-4, M3 MAAWS.

- Anti-Air launcher: FIM-92 Stinger.

Spetsnaz GRU Weapons:

- AK74M, AK74M GL black and camo versions

- AK74M, AK74M GL SF Rails versions black and camo

- AKS74, AKS74 GL versions

- AKMS, AKMS GL black and camo versions

- AKM, AKM GL versions

- SVD

- KSVK black and camo versions

- RPK

- PKM

- Zastava M70s , M72 and M91

- AK74U black and camo versions

- Bizon

- Makarov.

- Saiga 12 shotgun.

- Anti-Tank launchers: RPG 7, RPG 18.

- Anti-Air launcher: SA-7 Strela.

Optics and gear:

- Pisto suppressor

- Rifle Suppressor

- Acog, Aimpoint, Sniper optics (NV capable), ANPEQ15 laser pointer

- PSO, PSO Sniper (NV capable)

Backpacks: for my unit's addons

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Those weapons are meant to equip my US, UK, Italian SF and GRU Spetsnaz units

- Weapons have custom ammo and magazines

- Weapons have custom UI pics

- Weapons have A3 features : optics, torch, suppressors and IR capable, rotating muzzleflashes, custom handanims and anims.

- Weapons have dedicated ammocrates

- The pack includes few dedicated optics (PSO, Acog, Aimpoint, Sniper optic) and suppressors

- The pack includes unit's dedicated backpacks for my addons

- Dedicated launchers (M136, MAAWS, RPG7, RPG18, Stinger, Strela)

- Classlist and PDF GUIDE included in folder

- Optional ASDG Joint Rails config included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties, weapon boxes are in editor as follow:

Empty >> Ammo >> NATO SF\Spetsnaz Weapons: All weapons

Empty >> Ammo >> NATO SF Weapons: US,UK and italian SF weapons with optics

Empty >> Ammo >> Spetsnaz Weapons: GRU Spetsnaz weapons with optics

Please remember to REMOVE the old "mas_us_rifle_fhq_c.pbo" since it will brake the new version of the addon.

If you wish to use FHQ accessories just add to modfolder the ASDG joint rails optional config called : "asdg_jointrails_mas_weapons.pbo" and it will make weapons compatible with them.

Requirements.

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.2 date 02/FEB/2014

- Added A-T launchers : M136, MAAWS, RPG 7, RPG 18

- Added A-A launchers : Stinger, Strela

- Added AK74M and AK74M GL Special forces RAILs version black and camo

- Added FN FAL, FN FAL M203

- Added BIZON

- Added M1014 Benelli and SAIGA 12 shotguns

- Added ANPEQ15 on M4s/416/417

- Added ASDG Joint Rails OPTIONAL CONFIG (updated Robalo's optional config)

- Fixed: aimpoint glass color

- Fixed: small models\textures corrections

-updated signatures keys

- Updated: config

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

Further Improvements.

- Add SCAR family Rifles

CREDITS !!!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1 sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1/A2/OA weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Kaelies: for PSO reticles textures.

Robalo: thanks a lot for making ASDG joint rails optional config, wich I've updated to fit new version and included as optional config!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cd2o7ok8k1rcda7/NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_v%201.2.7z

BI forum thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3

Hope you'll enjoy these weapons !

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

Massi, when you say you updated your config are you still entertaining the idea of splitting the mod into only NATO and only RUS stuff?

Massi I get config errors with all AKs, i cant play with Speznats now Help pls :(

EDIT: Now it works :cool: sorry

Great pack

Edited by Queleab

It's not my intention to poop on this big release but would it be possible to get adjustable range on the new launchers?

Many thanks for sending us your updated work :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons v1.2

required_addons.png

(only required if you wish to use the FHQ accessories optional config)

FHQ Accessories pack

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Massi! Outstand and unexpected update!

I have a couple of suggestions/recommendations from running through the weapons so far! :o

-M1014 and Saiga 12ga pellet spread is craaaaaaazy! The pellets should all stay in a tight spread out to about 25-50m when they'll start to lose terminal velocity. The spread was over 20 feet at ~50m. Also the ammo type says 12 cal instead of 12ga. And lastly the flashlight/IR laser on the M1014 conflicts where the front hand is holding the shotgun.

-M136 AT4 - Could you make this disposable and rangable?

Overall sweet update. Keep up the great work!

Great to see these still being updated. They and the UK SFSG skins are still our go-to packs for 99% of the missions we do.

Do you think you will be looking at textures at some point ? i.e. higher resolutions ?

SJ

Awesome, thank you so much Massi.

Your mod is the one addon I require for every mission I make. Absolutely won't play Arma 3 without it.

EDIT - Oh boy... I´ve just overwrited the old files and there was still an optional config from the second update (to use FHQ accessories and R3F scopes) left that FUBARED the whole mod...

As He-man would advice: Kids, remember to remove all old files from massi´s mods or else you will end up like this ingame:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223937085

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/

Now I´ve got all fixed... cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Thank you very much for this mod man. New weapons are awesome. The PDF file with class names is top notch!

Simple testing: The benelli seems to be able to destroy small buildings with like a "magazine" (since it loads like one still; not detracting, that would be a difficult addition to animate shells being loaded individually.)

Hey!

Awesome update.

Just a little complaint: Shotgun pellet spread is outrageous - its now somewhere around 2-3 meter group @ 10 meters and in reality 0.5-1 meter group @ 20 meters would be closer, you can get some data from google. @ 5 meters you should only have a single hole since the pellets wont start spreading immedeatly they come out of the barrel.

Not that big deal, it just makes pellets quite unusable right now :)

Edit:

Heres a few pics:

"Big" group, no choke, normal wad, 20 yards:

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/Odin65/Mossberg%20500%20various%20barrels%20and%20ammo/IMG_2603.jpg

"Small" group", no choke, flight control wad, 20 yards:

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/Odin65/Mossberg%2020%20inch%20Persuader/IMG_3621.jpg

So with good ammo and a choke you can go even smaller than that. So the current pellet spread is something from battlefield 3 or something :rolleyes:

And few "bugs":

M249 Can load 30rd mags, this shouldnt happen, i guess?

Adding a suppressor to M16 makes it shoot full auto?

Edited by Groshnak

And few "bugs":

M249 Can load 30rd mags, this shouldnt happen, i guess?

It is in fact designed to take a STANAG 30round. So your SAW gunner isn't completely fucked in dire situations.

Kind of like the RPK takes the drum or standard 30round mag.

It's great that you are still keep your stuff updated! Just a little issue I had is that weapons have too loud sounds compared to JSRS 2.0 sounds. So when someone is shooting 1km away it sounds like 200 meters.

Keep up in good work! Nice to see you back!

This is the best weapon mod for Arma 3 ever!

I wish so bed weapon models were higher poly/texture :(

Hi Massi,

Thank you for this. Your work on this is much appreciated. Would it be at all possible to release the RU weapons as part of a separate pack for opfor units? I ask only because our unit currently is using weapons from the RH, R3F, and BWMod packs for western weapons. To add all of NATOSF to our pack would mean tons and tons of duplicate weapons (mainly M16/M4 variants) clogging up VAS.

What we would really love is a pack with just the russian-made weapons so that we play with Middle east irregulars without a bunch of duplicate weapons. Any chance you could make that happen?