massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Funny you ask, I've just uploaded a mission using these weapons ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164467-SP-A-Daring-Raid

your mission is great fun with those weapons! grabbed a PKM from a dead enemy and started to shoot through the walls after I realized there are enemies in many houses ;P

even shot the main target like this accidentially :D

how do you get the AI equipped with those weapons?

btw: the guy who made the sounds is working on a sound mod for arma3. it's in alpha state but yet quite awesome. after playing his mod you realize how much unused potential is in arma3 considering soundeffects and you realize the people who are responsible for the sound in arma3 should get back into their studio to work on some tweaks ASAP ... :/

Does anyone experienced a problem like mine? When I place a unit in the editor with this weapon box. I cannot zero using the nightstalker/TWS optic. But when playing a mission (SaOk Whole Lotta Altis) I am able to zero the weapon (M107) using those optics?!! Do those optics have zero capacity?

Edit: I am able to zero with other scope (i.e thermal combat optic) in the editor

Edited by bugatti

My bad. I am able to zero normal in the editor Altis. This only happen to Stratis in the editor. Anyway, excellence mod :)

put it in your arma 3 installed location at drive

if it didn't have any folder

try to make @My addons

I recommend you to download Community Base Addons first.

and the others :)

Some more MP5 types would be cool to see like: MP5A2/A3/A4 with a surefire flashlight, MP5K&MP5K PDW. But thanks for the mod though!

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the nice suggestions, I'm just waiting for the next update to have something new to add (like launchers) , this probably will take a while ;)

Regards

massi

Massi, just downloaded your MARSOC marines and this weapon pack. Love it, really nice job on weapon's config.

Massi, just downloaded your MARSOC marines and this weapon pack. Love it, really nice job on weapon's config.

Thank you very much John :) playing as US Marines and being supported by your really awesome F18 is great ;)

Massi we found a strange sound bug. The M16s can be heard anywhere on the map. We were about 2-3 km away from all the gunfire but we could still hear them in the distance as if they were quite close... very strange. Also the sounds on the guns are WAAAY louder than any other weapon in the game.

35+ players on dedicated MP.

Added this because I missed my HK. its good to have the old girl back. I do like the new ones but you can't be old school.

Massi, we found another bug. Not sure if is is because of JSRS but the AK74s are sometimes are soundless :(

It happens in MP when the AI uses the weapons.

Massi, we found another bug. Not sure if is is because of JSRS but the AK74s are sometimes are soundless :(

It happens in MP when the AI uses the weapons.

This may be a pre-existing bug. I've seen this behavior from vanilla guns as well. What triggers it is that AI reload. On an AI's second mag, muzzle report is non-existent.

Hey Massi, love the weapons.

Is there a reason though that your weapons pack unlike all the other weapons packs lists in VAS as, for example M4 Wood HAMR, M4 Wood ACO, M4 wood? It makes the VAS list very untidy and about a mile long after you take into account every different attachment and camo combination for every weapon in your pack.

It seems having the weapons like this completely disregards the purpose of having Arma 3's new attachment system, having a million different M4s or Aks in a crate is the old Arma 2 way.

Hey Massi, love the weapons.

Is there a reason though that your weapons pack unlike all the other weapons packs lists in VAS as, for example M4 Wood HAMR, M4 Wood ACO, M4 wood? It makes the VAS list very untidy and about a mile long after you take into account every different attachment and camo combination for every weapon in your pack.

It seems having the weapons like this completely disregards the purpose of having Arma 3's new attachment system, having a million different M4s or Aks in a crate is the old Arma 2 way.

The reason is that his weapons pack is made for his other packs that feature units. When you create a loadout for a new soldier in the editor, you can not attach an attachment. The only way to do that is to create a 'new' gun. That's why you have a bunch of different entries. Otherwise you could only outfit your soldiers with base weapons with no optics or IR pointers or whatever.

I felt the same way you do at first. Then when I was making a mod for my unit that included custom soldiers with custom loadouts I figured out why Massi did what he did here.

You can do what I did, but it takes a little work. You can look in the mod folder and find the txt with the class names. What I did was I went through that list and deleted every base weapon that I want to see in VAS. Everything left over is stuff you don't want to see. Open config.sqf in the VAS folder and copy the list of weapons you don't want to see in the vas_r_weapons section. That will remove all of those combinations from your VAS list. If that's too much work then you just have to live with the long list.

Just to add... if you install his uniform mods with the soldiers, you'll also see a list of new backpacks with predetermined inventory. This is also done because when you're making a soldier loadout you can not add inventory to a soldier and tell it to be in the backpack. You have to create that predetermined inventory backpack and then assign that to the soldier.

I know someone might think "but I can add weapon attachments and fill backpacks with a script", which is true, but the same can not be said for when you're creating a loadout in a config.cpp

Edited by BadHabitz

Thanks a lot BadHabitz this is the exact reason for this

Regards :)

massi

Thanks a lot BadHabitz this is the exact reason for this

Regards :)

massi

You're welcome. My only bit of advice for the future would be to put the base weapons on a separate line in your class names txt file, like so;

base weapon: m4
derivatives: m4_c, m4_sd, m4_h

That way, if people want to include or exclude in the fashion that I mentioned it would save the time to have to search through a wall of text to find the base weapons.

You're welcome. My only bit of advice for the future would be to put the base weapons on a separate line in your class names txt file, like so;

base weapon: m4
derivatives: m4_c, m4_sd, m4_h

That way, if people want to include or exclude in the fashion that I mentioned it would save the time to have to search through a wall of text to find the base weapons.

Thanks for the advice I'll do that in next update ;)

Regards

massi

Hey Massi,

I've tried running the mod with all the parameters but when I start Arma 3 it i'll always say data file too short.

Do you plan on improving the models and textures? Currently they're quite bad, especially the rear iron sight parts. Plus some weapons have smoothing group issues.

Liking this pack very much, I think the textures are great - mind you, I've only been with the M16 and M4 so far lol!

4rpe.jpg

Hi all,

For the ones who'd like to have an overview of the pack Jester814 from the 15th MEU Realism Unit made a great showcase video of the NATO SF\RSpetsnaz weapons pack here:

Thanks again Jester814 really appreciated ;)

Best Regards

massi

Edited by massi

First of all really big thanks to you massi for those awesome units and weapons. Spetsnaz, NATO SF, AFR Rebels all of them, they are just plain awesome. Your weapon pack of course too. All those addons made me feel at home again in ArmA 3. :)

I even got motivated to make a sandbox/domination like mission with all your awesome addons. See here for details.

Regarding the sounds of the weapons, especially the AKs: I really like their sounds, but they are just too loud at a distance. If somebody shoots at you with a AKM at around 200 meters you think he is just a couple of meters away from you. It sometimes even gets hard to guesstimate the direction the fire is coming from. If you could change that, that would be absolutly awesome.

Thanks again and take care!