massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Excellent work massi! Couldn't ask for more :D

Well.. I was a little disappointed not to see an RPG-7 in there somewhere, but it looks like you're on it already! Good work man.

Not sure I'll be able to make any missions without these now.

Finally got this an must say very impressed! Brought new life to my game had more fun on a ingame range an practice ai mission for several hrs yesterday testing. Can't wait to see where it goes from here kudos!

Hey, I remember posting the following in another thread, I would love to see this in effect for the G3s and MP5s (and other guns too, perhaps):

One issue I had with the arma 2 G3 and mp5 mods was the tiny aperture in the iron sights. Since arma 3 now supports adjustable irons, do you think you could animate the 100, 200, 300, 400 ranges to corresponding rotations of the drum, with 100 being the iron sights? The animation source for it would be zeroing1 (just "zeroing" didn't work for my own mod), corresponding to the value in the zeroing ranges array.

Also, I believe the 100 range setting on the G3 has a different type of opening than a hole, as you can see in the following image:

7JvCrnVl.jpg

Which is why I would like this to be possible :rolleyes:

Otherwise, great to see my reticle is being used in the mod!

Thanks to all of You for comments and ideas ;)

since I forgot to include the classnames for Balaclavas in NVG slot with working NVGs, that equip my units, I'm posting the classnames here:

BALACLAVA in NVG SLOT with WORKING NVG and RECCE NVGs

"NVGoggles_mas_mask" : Balaclava black + Headset + NVG(only when NVG swithched ON)

"NVGoggles_mas_mask2" : Balaclava black + NVG(only when NVG swithched ON)

"NVGoggles_mas_mask_b" : Balaclava Skull + Headset + NVG(only when NVG swithched ON)

"NVGoggles_mas_mask2_b" : Balaclava Skull + NVG(only when NVG swithched ON)

"NVGoggles_mas_mask_t" : Balaclava Tan + Headset + NVG(only when NVG swithched ON)

"NVGoggles_mas_mask2_t" : Balaclava Tan + NVG(only when NVG swithched ON)

"NVGoggles_mas" : NVG Recon(Blufor) - (hided during day, to be used with light headgear\cap\booniehat...)

"NVGoggles_o_mas" : NVG Recon(Opfor) - (hided during day, to be used with light headgear\cap\booniehat...)

Regards

massi

Edited by massi

Holy mother of God. That's what I've been missing in Arma 3. These weapons, their handling and sound are so much more fun than the vanilla ones.

Are there single player missions with them - with AI using them, too? Are there any servers where you can use them??

Firefights are so much more fun with this great addon. Tested mainly the machineguns and everything seems to be fine and realistic. God I love the sounds.

To LordJarhead: Mate, please rework the sounds of the Zafir, 6,5mm Gatlings, 20mm Chopper Autocannons and 35mm AA autocannon and send them to BI as the current sounds are a pain in the ass and as BI seems to be unable to get realistic sounds up for those in their 'war simulation'.

(this was intended to be a joke, but actually that would be awesome ...)

I too noticed the fire rate of the MG3 seems to be a bit low. Wikipedia says it should be 1200 rounds per minute which is I think pretty much the highest firerate of all those MGs.

My wishlist:

Static but portable 7,62mm Gatling, 12,7mm DShK and .50 cal Browning Machine guns would be awesome :)

Currently the Zafir is the only Machinegun with decent firepower and worth using. And it sounds like a damn pelletgun and has a shitty firerate. The 6,5mm are so weak they're nearly useless for long-distance supressive fire.

Why would they use such weak guns in the future?

I hope BI will bring on some decent machineguns. Similar issue with the assault rifles. Only one worth using for far-range firefights is the 7,62mm one and it only stores 20 rounds.

You got that really large-scale map and lack the right weapons for firefights at distances of 100m+

Edited by pils

Hi Massi, I have been using your pack since you released it.

However, I'd like to request that you split the current mas_us_rifle.pbo into two different files:

One pbo for ONLY NATO/US weaponry and one pbo for Russian/Eastern weaponry. I'd like to be able to choose only the US/NATO weaponry and save a lot of filespace by excluding the opfor stuff.

could you bring down the green tint of the red dot sight scope? it sometimes makes it unable to see trough at all..

Hi Massi, I have been using your pack since you released it.

However, I'd like to request that you split the current mas_us_rifle.pbo into two different files:

One pbo for ONLY NATO/US weaponry and one pbo for Russian/Eastern weaponry. I'd like to be able to choose only the US/NATO weaponry and save a lot of filespace by excluding the opfor stuff.

For now I prefer to keep them togheter, since is easier to manage, but very likely I'm gonna separate them in the future, if the pack is gonna expand further , due the possibility to include A2 MLODs that will probably be released by BIS in future

could you bring down the green tint of the red dot sight scope? it sometimes makes it unable to see trough at all..

added on the to do list :)

Funny you ask, I've just uploaded a mission using these weapons ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164467-SP-A-Daring-Raid

Nice to see missions with these weapons.. I'm gonna try it thanks ;)

Regards

massi

Quick suggestion, would it be possible to limit the amount of items that show up in VAS but only listing the base weapon and then GL and camo variants? Having to go through 10-20 different M4s because of different optics and whatnot is a bit of a hassle and reminds me of the huge weapon lists from ARMA2.

And also, any possibility of an AA12?

Currently the Zafir is the only Machinegun with decent firepower and worth using. And it sounds like a damn pelletgun and has a shitty firerate. The 6,5mm are so weak they're nearly useless for long-distance supressive fire.

Why would they use such weak guns in the future?

I hope BI will bring on some decent machineguns. Similar issue with the assault rifles. Only one worth using for far-range firefights is the 7,62mm one and it only stores 20 rounds.

You got that really large-scale map and lack the right weapons for firefights at distances of 100m+

Make sure you have your Extended Armor option turned off in the game settings. I have no problem killing units with the 5.56/5.45 weapons with only one or two shots (depending on placement).

To go along with ltsthomas...maybe make the dot in the Aimpoint a little smaller, too. Other than no MK12, those fixes make this pretty much a perfect addon.

Quick suggestion, would it be possible to limit the amount of items that show up in VAS but only listing the base weapon and then GL and camo variants? Having to go through 10-20 different M4s because of different optics and whatnot is a bit of a hassle and reminds me of the huge weapon lists from ARMA2.

I agree with this. I think all you would need to do is make sure all of the variants with optics on them have the same displayname as their parent.

You just made my day. Seriously.

Finally weapons that do not look like space toys. Considering the quality of this, I will take a look at your African Conflict right away!!!

I agree with this. I think all you would need to do is make sure all of the variants with optics on them have the same displayname as their parent.

Hi,

since last VAS update I think that won't work anymore, also removing weapons with optics will leave my units with just basic weapons, sorry ;)

Best Regards

massi

I've often wondered, why do a lot of them use the standard BIS optics instead of the acogs and such from your pack?

Great pack massi , i really enjoy using it .. but could you just lower the green tint from aimpoint scope & make dot bit smaller if possible.

Cheers !

One more for ya massi - will you add an optional config to make your weapons compatible with the TMR bipod?

One more for ya massi - will you add an optional config to make your weapons compatible with the TMR bipod?

Would love to see this.

I'm totally in love with these weapons, seriously I doubt I'd be playing that much as BLUFOR without this pack. I really dislike the MX series of weapons tbh. So thanks again for making this happen !

I do however have a request..

If you find the time could you please add some subsonic ammo types for weapons that allow the silencer/suppressor attachment ? I love going in sneaky but the current ammo produces supersonic bullet cracks which obviously tells the whole island I'm on my way :)

Cheers :)

The Hk416 CQB w/203 UGL, when using the MRCO renders the top rail un-textured when looking through the scope. See here.

That happens with any scope trough which you can see top rail of HK416 atleast for me.

Taosenai had this same issues with TMR altered vanilla scopes... you should ask him how did he managed to fix it.. =)

Hi,

yes is a kind of wierd thing, since is doing this only with HK416 GL\M203\CQB and M4 CQB, and also I tested it and is doing this only with MRCO and Aimpoint, other optics show the weapons textured as normal.

here few screen with the exact same weapon (M4 cqb) and different optics:

v4xm.jpg

g4y7.jpg

ibu2.jpg

exmk.jpg

Start thinking is something related to the optics instead of weapons...if anyone has any guess or solution please report ;)

cheers

massi

Edited by massi