massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Mr. Massi,

First thing, great job on the mod. As an old, retired 18B, I am always impressed by the realistic artistic portrayal of so many weapons that I have actually had my hands on and used through the years.

One minor point. I was messing around last night with the 0.31 version of your mod and I noticed that the attachment point for the suppressor on the AK74U was right at the end of the cone of the flash suppressor/ compensator. In R/L, the compensator would be removed, and the suppressor would be threaded onto the large threads that be exposed at the base of the front sight assembly, which would put the threaded end-cap of the suppressor flush (or nearly flush) with the front surface of the front sight assembly.

Not a criticism, just a minor observation. One of those little things that sticks out and makes you think, "Hey, that doesn't look quite right." I just downloaded the 0.4 version and haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, so if you've already fixed it, then never mind.

Great mod. Love your work. Keep it up.

Mr. Massi,

First thing, great job on the mod. As an old, retired 18B, I am always impressed by the realistic artistic portrayal of so many weapons that I have actually had my hands on and used through the years.

One minor point. I was messing around last night with the 0.31 version of your mod and I noticed that the attachment point for the suppressor on the AK74U was right at the end of the cone of the flash suppressor/ compensator. In R/L, the compensator would be removed, and the suppressor would be threaded onto the large threads that be exposed at the base of the front sight assembly, which would put the threaded end-cap of the suppressor flush (or nearly flush) with the front surface of the front sight assembly.

Not a criticism, just a minor observation. One of those little things that sticks out and makes you think, "Hey, that doesn't look quite right." I just downloaded the 0.4 version and haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, so if you've already fixed it, then never mind.

Great mod. Love your work. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot for reporting, I'm gonna fix that in next update ;)

Best regards

massi

Hey, any plans on adding support for FHQ Accessories? Check Shamwill's M16 Pack if you want to avoid creating dependencies.

optic_aco_smg for the red circle reticle and optic_aco_grn_smg for the green chevron reticle are the classnames for the SMG versions with a 100m zero (I assume this is the one you want since it's pictured on an MP5 in your pics).

There are also classnames optic_aco and optic_aco_grn. IIRC these have a 200m zero and are meant for use on rifles.

4rpe.jpg

by massi

NATO SF and RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ WEAPONS for A3 BETA

BETA 0.5

Hi all,

I'm releasing an updated beta version of my NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS pack.

In this update I’ve added short barrel CQB variants for HK416 , HK416 M203, M4A1, M4A1 M203, for all the camos.

I fixed the correct names of the Zastava rifles, as pointed out by some users, and corrected their Russian counterparts AKM, AKMS, SVD and RPK models, that now should be closer to their real counterparts.

I’ve also included an Optional config to make the weapons compatible with Alwarren FHQ accessories pack, of course if you like to run them you’ll need the FHQ accessories pack installed, that means that FHQ Accessory pack is NOT required by standard weapons, but if you like ‘em (like me) ;) you just have to add the optional “mas_us_rifle_FHQ_c†config file to make my weapons compatible with them, and you’ll also find those accessories in the NATO\Spetsnaz ammo crates.

There’re also few more fixes you’ll find in the readme.

Thanks again to all of you for your reports and feedbacks!.

This is a Beta version, hope you’ll enjoy it ;) !

Requirements.

-Arma3 Beta

-If you’d like to use FHQ accessories optional config you’ll need this addon too.

Changelog.

v Beta.05 date 30/AGO/2013

- Added M4 and M4 M203 short barrel CQB versions

- Added HK416 and HK416 M203 short barrel CQB versions

- Added FHQ accessories Optional config

- Fixed: AKM, AKMS, SVD, RPK models

- Fixed: Zastava M70s, M72, M91 display names

- Fixed: AKSU suppressor position

- Fixed: ammo config values

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

Any help on this project will be really appreciated, since it is the first time I’m trying to use O2.

CREDITS !!!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1 sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

LordJarhead: Creator of all the awesome weapon's sounds and the needed config entries!

Sound Author= LordJarhead

Website= http://www.jsrs-studios.com

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8kmilyc0mtg82vc/NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_B0.5.7z

Hope you'll enjoy these weapons !

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

the textures have definitely been improved. the new cqb variants are awesome. this turns out to be my favourite weapon pack. :) thank you for the mod!

Hope you'll make some more improvements! (e.g. MP5's textures could use some improvements, some scopes; even though they have 3d-sights; aren't hollow. )

Also, I'd love aor1/2 variants of those HK416's. :rolleyes:

the textures have definitely been improved. the new cqb variants are awesome. this turns out to be my favourite weapon pack. :) thank you for the mod!

Hope you'll make some more improvements! (e.g. MP5's textures could use some improvements, some scopes; even though they have 3d-sights; aren't hollow. )

Also, I'd love aor1/2 variants of those HK416's. :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot ;) !

Of course that will go on the "to do" list after the final release ;) !

Regards

massi

Thank you very much for sending us your updated work :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons [bETA] beta 05

required_addons.png

(only required if you wish to use the FHQ accessories optional config)

FHQ Accessories pack

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Mr. Massi,

Once again, a great job on the mod. One of my favorites. I was especially glad to see the addition of 10.5" variant 416. It is obvious that you enjoy making and updating this mod as much as your fans enjoy playing it. Not to add to your "to-do list", but, is there any chance of seeing a short-barreled "Para" M249, a Mk46, or 12" 417 in a future update?

Again, thanks for the great work.

Massi, this mod is perfect for my group. Thank you for keeping up with it, and continuing to refine the quality. You're updating faster than we can play!

I was wondering, is there any in-game performance difference between the standard and short barrel weapons, or is it just cosmetic?

Massi, this mod is perfect for my group. Thank you for keeping up with it, and continuing to refine the quality. You're updating faster than we can play!

I was wondering, is there any in-game performance difference between the standard and short barrel weapons, or is it just cosmetic?

Just cosmetic for now, will see in future ;)

thanks a lot to all of you for comments and ideas !

cheers

massi

It`s a fantastic addon :) ! I would love to see HK-416 (any version) with modified stock F.e. magpul or any other:) Have You thought about it? :)

Love this mod!

Any chance to add more weapons? British weapons etc?

Question regarding the acogs with the red dot backups. is it me or are the red dots not parallax free, like the old painted on dots in ArmA2? Or am I confusing this mod's acogs with fqm's?

Question regarding the acogs with the red dot backups. is it me or are the red dots not parallax free, like the old painted on dots in ArmA2? Or am I confusing this mod's acogs with fqm's?

You're right I'm using an Arma2 red dot style...well really I made the optics just as placeholders, till BI will make good acogs, aimpoints and so on ;)

cheers

massi

Hey massi, any possibility you could add a variant of the m249 with a stock like this: (http://imgur.com/Xuzh8Ap) It would make it much more modern since it is the new collapsible stock used on them for most m249's. If you do I will love you forever!

Mr. Massi,

I don't suppose you'd have any interest in pictures of a short-barreled PKM MG would you? Not a hack-saw job, or an after-market custom cut-down like Blackheart International makes, but a real-deal factory built PKM "Para" model, with a short barrel and folding stock?

A lot of nice ideas ;)

Thanks to all of You for the suggestions, will see in future if I'll be able to include some of them in future updates

Cheers :)

massi