Sign in to follow this  
ShinShin

How-to Celery's Addon Free Zombies

The Big Question is...

How on earth do you create a barebones mission with the addon free zombies celery has made.

It's been so long since I played and worked on any missions and I've completely forgotten how to get the zombie scripts/mission working with those zombies.

I'd JUST like to know the steps to creating a teamplate for using the addon free zombies by celery that DynamicZombieSandbox and chernarus apocalypse use.

I've opened up the misisons and dug in them to try and figure things out to no avail.. that doesn't help much. I don't even know why the mission has all those friggin triggers spread out across the mission map in the editor for those who have dePBO'd the mission and checked it out.

Hmmmm, not really sure what you mean. if you de-pbo'ed the mission you have everything there in the editor and all the files. just delete what you don't want, put in what you do want, set the var that celery put in his playable units (player setVariable ["victim", objNull, true]) to whatever units you want and there you go. the triggers across the section of map celery is using are zombie spawners so it will populate that section with a good bit of zombies everywhere in that section. you really don't need them set up like that. just put them in places that you definetly want zombies to be (like towns). in the init.sqs there is a setting for

;Default zombies per km^2
CLY_defaultdensity = 20

so if you want more zombies without using a ton of triggers just increase the number.

just be aware, all zombie routines are run by the server !!! so if your hosting a game and its not dedicated, don't get to carried away with the amount of zombies on the map. you can kill your performance quick..

PS: do not delete the zombie boundry trigger. this tells it what area the zombies are allowed to populate as a whole. the are some triggers that celery has on the map that will allow zombies NOT to populate a certain area if you need that.

Edited by Nimrod_Z

Hmmmm, not really sure what you mean. if you de-pbo'ed the mission you have everything there in the editor and all the files. just delete what you don't want, put in what you do want, set the var that celery put in his playable units (player setVariable ["victim", objNull, true]) to whatever units you want and there you go.

Hmm, sounds like my only choice for now as I've gotten it to working previously month/years ago. I simply lost a lot of knowledge though. I'll give that a try some time then. thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Hmmmm, not really sure what you mean. if you de-pbo'ed the mission you have everything there in the editor and all the files. just delete what you don't want, put in what you do want, set the var that celery put in his playable units (player setVariable ["victim", objNull, true]) to whatever units you want and there you go. the triggers across the section of map celery is using are zombie spawners so it will populate that section with a good bit of zombies everywhere in that section. you really don't need them set up like that. just put them in places that you definetly want zombies to be (like towns). in the init.sqs there is a setting for

;Default zombies per km^2
CLY_defaultdensity = 20

so if you want more zombies without using a ton of triggers just increase the number.

just be aware, all zombie routines are run by the server !!! so if your hosting a game and its not dedicated, don't get to carried away with the amount of zombies on the map. you can kill your performance quick..

PS: do not delete the zombie boundry trigger. this tells it what area the zombies are allowed to populate as a whole. the are some triggers that celery has on the map that will allow zombies NOT to populate a certain area if you need that.

Ahh, that all makes sense to me now. I knew what the zed per kilometer was... just mot the triggers. I swear I couldn't get them to work. But I'll make another attempt.

Hmm, sounds like my only choice for now as I've gotten it to working previously month/years ago. I simply lost a lot of knowledge though. I'll give that a try some time then. thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Ahh, that all makes sense to me now. I knew what the zed per kilometer was... just mot the triggers. I swear I couldn't get them to work. But I'll make another attempt.

where do i get the zombie script add on