Sign in to follow this  
reallybigrocks

Arma 2 CO high textures bug

Hey guys, I've been having a problem where if i put my texture detail above normal my hud flashes in first person and the textures get really low quality and my game slows down significantly and sometimes it happens even if my textures are on normal.

I know it isn't my pc because i can run arma 3 on high with 60 fps

here is a picture of my textures on high

EDIT:Forgot to add the sun flashes as well

Edited by ReallyBigRocks

Are you using some mods?

Try to decrease your details level to "high" to see if it impacts (textures quality and 3D resolution).

It would help if you post your system specs. It seems like a low video memory thing.

Right sorry

i7-3630QM 2.4 GHz

Intel HD graphics 4000+ GTX680M 2GB

32GB RAM

Is there anything I forgot

Try to use only nVidia GPU.

OOfnr.png

I've tried that because it decides that most games only need the intel one so i set the nVida one as default but it hasn't seemed to change anything

Okay so if it has 2gb vram it should be running well on high. In the vram settings in the graphic settings, have you tried setting it to 'high' or 'very high'?

yes, trust me i've tried just about every configuration of settings i can and it seems like there's a limit to how many settings i can turn up high because if i put too many things on high or very high but keep the textures on normal it still bugs out. it's a really weird bug and it's kinda hard to show with just pictures

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Also should mention some textures don't load in fully until I get really close and zoom in

yes, trust me i've tried just about every configuration of settings i can and it seems like there's a limit to how many settings i can turn up high because if i put too many things on high or very high but keep the textures on normal it still bugs out. it's a really weird bug and it's kinda hard to show with just pictures

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Also should mention some textures don't load in fully until I get really close and zoom in

Arma will dump mipmaps based on frame rate. Do you know if you're getting a good frame rate, or if there are frame rate effects at the times when the textures are displaying a less vram intensive version?

i get about 30-40 fps constantly on chernarus and probably more on the desert maps

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

now that i think about it, if it does that based on frame rate its a giant loop because my fps plummets when the bug happens and it lowers the textures so my fps climbs again so it loads higher quality textures and then my fps drops again and the cycle repeats... or not and i'm completely wrong on why this happens

Edited by ReallyBigRocks

No that is something entirely different than anything I've ever seen. You are also losing your HUD. Are you using any custom mods? Are all of your drivers up to date? Is your game up to date?

the only mods i have are from sixlauncher and the bug happens on vanilla as well, my game and drivers are up to date

Thanks a ton for that it seems to have worked, even if it was telling me to set my view distance to 0, I'm seemingly bug free and i got a nice performance boost

np ...I'm glad you're fix that problem :)

@ReallyBigRocks: please click on the "Report This Post" button & ask a mod to mark the thread title "Solved (NVIDIA issue)" as that will help other users with this or related problems.

Well spotted, Horus :)