Sign in to follow this  
AegisWolf

Helicopter Instrumentation, namely velocity indicators.

The velocity indicators on the AH-99 and Mi-48 are, in my opinion, insufficient. In their case, in the pilot's seat, the velocity vector indicator (the circle with three lines protruding from it, one on top and to either side in the AH-99, the line from the whiskey mark in the Mi-48) is useless, because it is displayed on a helmet mounted sight that displays relative to the front of the aircraft, not absolutely. For those of us that use free look, or a TrackIR, this is a problem, because, while it gives you some indication of the aircraft's motion relative to the front of the aircraft, the velocity vector is most often used visually in relation to the outside world. If the reference point for the velocity vector is constantly moving, we are unable to place the velocity vector just over that clump of trees, with a few feet to spare, and be assured that we will crest the treeline unharmed. I would suggest that the velocity vector be displayed absolutely, that is, correct, no matter where one looks in the cockpit. If you see it, that's where your aircraft should be going.

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate the addition of a top-down velocity vector, displaying the aircraft's velocity within the two-dimensional plane parallel to sea level. Unlike the true velocity vector as previously mentioned, this could be displayed relative to the pilot's head, and would be of great assistance when attempting to stabilize the helicopter, without having to rely on auto-hover.

dont you think the devs have more important things to work on?

They do, but that doesn't mean that this can't be as well. It is simpler than most requests.