Sign in to follow this  
discblade128

Can I play DayZ in Arma 3?

Hey guys!

I was just wondering. I have purchased Arma 2: CO via the Bohemia Interactive website (the non-Steam version.) I am going to purchase Arma 3 via Steam. My question is: Can I utilize the "Zoombies" mod (I think that's what the DayZ mod for Arma 3 is called) if my Arma 2 CO was purchased non-Steam and my Arma 3 in purchased through Bohemia Interactive? Or do both the copies of Arma 2 CO and Arma 3 have to be both purchased either through Steam or BI.

Thanks in advance!!

Matt

Hey guys!

I was just wondering. I have purchased Arma 2: CO via the Bohemia Interactive website (the non-Steam version.) I am going to purchase Arma 3 via Steam. My question is: Can I utilize the "Zoombies" mod (I think that's what the DayZ mod for Arma 3 is called) if my Arma 2 CO was purchased non-Steam and my Arma 3 in purchased through Bohemia Interactive? Or do both the copies of Arma 2 CO and Arma 3 have to be both purchased either through Steam or BI.

Thanks in advance!!

Matt

i...... am using EVERY OUNCE from my body to avoid being mad at you.....

but i think i did it, so here we go:

1- wrong place to post it

2- DayZ its a full mod designed for ArmA 2, if there is another mod of "zoombies" for ArmA 3, its not DayZ

and now, with the new ArmA 3 system using the same way to use addons and mods as ArmA 2, you can port, barely functional, but you can port DayZ from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3.

yes, there is no difference between using mods from a non-steam ver. with a steam ver.

And no, you dont need both games, if DayZ was made for ArmA 2 CO, you buy CO, if there was a port made for ArmA 3, you buy ArmA 3, there is no need to buy both

if my Arma 2 CO was purchased non-Steam and my Arma 3 in purchased through Steam?

there, fixed for you.

Ok Thank you very much for your help. I can see where you're coming from with 2. But 1 is not my fault, I feel very limited in the places that I can post threads. This felt the closest.

Thanks again!

Matt

But 1 is not my fault, I feel very limited in the places that I can post threads. This felt the closest.

In general, questions regarding an add-on go in that add-on's discussion/release topic. DayZ is a special case, where discussion is generally limited to the DayZ forums. This is mentioned in the rules you agreed to follow when you created your forum account here. Still, it seems as though this rule is not always strictly enforced, so proceed at your own risk.

• Like 1

Ok Thank you very much for your help. I can see where you're coming from with 2. But 1 is not my fault, I feel very limited in the places that I can post threads. This felt the closest.

Thanks again!

Matt

you could post it in the DayZ forums in their webpage...... or you know, the ArmA 3 forums instead of the Arma 2 ones?