Sign in to follow this  
fuerst_von_butz

Are the task modules bugged or is it my fault? (Coop on dedicated server)

I have a suitcase object placed in editor with this in it's init:

this addAction ["Take documents", "scripts\suitcase.sqf"]

The suitcase.sqf:

(_this select 0) removeAction (_this select 2); // Remove the action menu entry
deleteVehicle (_this select 0); // Remove the suitcase, this is global because deleteVehicle is global
suitcaseFound = true;
publicVariable "suitcaseFound";

And a trigger with condition:

suitcaseFound

The trigger is synched to:

- a set task state module (succeeded) which is synched with a create task module (the old task) which is synched with the group leader and owner state group of synchronized objects

- a create task module (the new task) which is synched with the group leader and owner state group of synchronized objects

This setup works in editor and a lan game I created and played alone to test (as the group leader). However we just played the mission on a dedicated server with 8 players and it didn't work. A group member that was in the mission from the beginning and had no respawn/connection issue or whatsoever found the suitcase and did the action. Nothing happened, not for him, not for the group leader (who also didn't respawn until that point) and not for any other group member.

Later in the mission a more simple created task (directly synched to a normal blufor present trigger in the game) didn't work either. What's wrong? How do I make tasks that work and are jip compatible?

Any help or advice appreciated!

Cheers

A shame that the built-in modules don't work. This may sound dickish but I don't really like using other guy's scripts. I used BTC Revive, great scripting and I appreciate the work the guy does for free but it didn't work correctly and threw errors.

Task Modules do work for me fine in multiplayer ATM. but i host games, no dedi. very happy about the fact that there´s progress with the modules since i love to work in the editor only without having to switch to dekstop.

Task Modules work fine in MP, its all in how you implement them. I hate to keep whoring out my mission, but it implements tasks that work properly, in order, and in MP. It seems there has been a lot of questions in their regard lately and I just want to help. Download and DePBO my mission here and good luck!

Download and DePBO my mission here and good luck!

That mission looks pretty awesome, gonna try it tonight, thanks!

Task Modules work fine in MP, its all in how you implement them. I hate to keep whoring out my mission, but it implements tasks that work properly, in order, and in MP. It seems there has been a lot of questions in their regard lately and I just want to help. Download and DePBO my mission here and good luck!

I will definitely do that!

But maybe you can spot what I did wrong in the setup I explain in the first post?

Edit:

What I saw you did differently:

- synch Create Task modules to every player and not just the group leader

- gave them names and not just IDs

- set owner to "All playable units" instead of "group of synchronized objects"

I guess it's the last point that matters. Hopefully I can try it out soon, I'll report back.

Edited by fuerst_von_butz

At the moment i got 11 ( eleven ) tasks in my mission. They're all synced correctly and are working fine. I set the owner to "All playable units" on every task.

When i succeed the first task, the second appears, when i succeed the second, the third appears and so on. I got it working after looking for quite long time on the internet to find the right synced things. I could find nothing so i decided to test it out myself and finally got it working.

Here's how i did it:

2x Set Task State Module ( Succeeded & Assigned )

1x Set Task Destination Module ( So that i should show up on the map - Its buggy, sometimes it shows, the other times it won't )

1x Create Task Module

1x Trigger

Let the sync begin:

2x Set Task State -> Create Task

Set Task Destination -> Create Task

Set Task State ( Succeeded ) -> Trigger

Optionally you can sync the trigger now with your group leader or whatever. I didn't because i set everything to "all playable units" but it will only show the first task until completed, then the second and so on.

Now, if you want the 2nd task assigned when the first is complete, then sync:

The trigger from the first mission to the 2nd task. That's it. Repeat that step for all tasks. Now you got a chain of tasks ready to be played. Well.. for my mission it works..it's just awesome. :P

Cheers,

Valixx

Cool mate, did you test that on a dedicated server? And you don't sync the create task modules with the group leader or anyone else?

Thanks for your reply!

Well i've uploaded it to my server hoster and it works. I've only tested the two first tasks because the mission itself is not to play alone :P Everything synced as stated above. Nothing more, nothing less.

I set it to all playable units so i dont have to sync the group leader. but if you want, you can do it.

Edited by Valixx
forgot something