Sign in to follow this  
mlewis1969

BattlEye: make it work for the common gamer

you simply fail to realize BE isn't there to auto-detect in-game script cheaters ...

for that are custom build BE script filters ...

you dont need to be upset if the software you worked on sucks. just reput your hands on and try to make a better work.

the problem is right that: the be script filters. on which you guys from BIS dont have spent a singol min. of your work time since its up

to the players to create them.

anway BE works agains 'cheats' quite well ...

sorry, do you have any proof or is just your personal idea?

prove me otherwise (via PM) about working cheats :)

via PM? i prefer to post a video into a battleye thread.

Edited by *LK1*

you dont need to be upset if the software you worked on sucks. just put your hands on and try to make a better work.

and by the way i dont fail to understand how BE works since im not new here.

1. You have no idea what you are talking about. BE works great

2. You are really going to ask a developer for proof? Wow...

LK1, If you are going to say Battleye is crap, Then come up with something better yourself first to put along with that argument. Otherwise shut your mouth.

Cheers

i saw people shooting hellfires from a pistol (less than 1 year ago in OA) inside a server with BE protection. i think we have a looooooot of work to do on this software before being able to calling it "decent".
yes, it could be an explanation. the other 1 is that BE sucks. simply.

since you probably will not believe me if im telling that we tested hard BE and its lacks to detect cheaters ill make a video on that.

Here we go again! Another one who hasn't yet understood that this game engine is so much different from any other that's out there. But right, it's 100% the anti-cheat's fault. Maybe I should listen to people like you and simply quit? BE's reputation is totally ruined anyway, regardless of it being so much better than VAC or PB.

Bottom line, if you think that BE sucks please ask some cheaters (private hack users) how they love their daily bans.

you dont need to be upset if the software you worked on sucks. just put your hands on and try to make a better work.

It's not his software...

and by the way i dont fail to understand how BE works since im not new here.

Clearly that isn't the case as you don't even seem to understand the distinction between scripts and external cheat programs.

Yeah, play the fucking game.

He doesn't mean post random videos of some accusation. He means links and information about working cheats.

Here we go again! Another one who hasn't yet understood that this game engine is so much different from any other that's out there. But right, it's 100% the anti-cheat's fault. Maybe I should listen to people like you and simply quit? BE's reputation is totally ruined anyway, regardless of it being so much better than VAC or PB.

Bottom line, if you think that BE sucks please ask some cheaters (private hack users) how they love their daily bans.

Thank you for doing what you do. I'd hate to see you quit but I absolutely would not blame you. These idiots are pretty ridiculous.

Edited by eddieck
respond to $able

Thank you for doing what you do. I'd hate to see you quit but I absolutely would not blame you. These idiots are pretty ridiculous.

Of course I don't listen to such people, but to be honest sometimes it's quite annoying when it feels like the majority of the DayZ community hates BE, not only because it can't fully prevent all the ridiculous script hacks, but also because so many supposedly get banned by BE "for no reason" (posted everywhere on the internet), which is even more beneficial for its reputation.

Of course I don't listen to such people, but to be honest sometimes it's quite annoying when it feels like the majority of the DayZ community hates BE, not only because it can't fully prevent all the ridiculous script hacks, but also because so many supposedly get banned by BE "for no reason" (posted everywhere on the internet), which is even more beneficial for its reputation.

The DayZ player base are just idiots. There's no way around it. I'm annoyed with it myself; I have seen more malicious activity (I don't even mean in-game stuff specifically, but DDoS) since that mod came out and from that player base, than ever before. For a bit there I was more excited for the DayZ SA than for Arma 3, as I'd hoped it would give the kids a chance to fuck off to their standalone and quit causing problems over here, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. (Bonus: Rocket did say he was going to use VAC, right? So they could get to enjoy that! :D)

LK1 is an exception here. I'm surprised to see a join date of 2010 on him.

And yes, everyone gets banned "for no reason." I hear this quite often, and my response is always that the player should wipe their drive as their system has obviously been compromised. For some odd reason, they never do.

1. You have no idea what you are talking about. BE works great

i like those statament based on nothing. remind me when years ago i was a funboy able to defend bis games no matter how buggy and full of lacks they were. pagan idolatry pure and simple.

2. You are really going to ask a developer for proof? Wow...

no of course. i should believe him just because he's a developer...:rolleyes: you guys are so funny, seriously.

he said that BE works good to detect cheaters.. i just would like to know how he comes to that conclusion. i still want an answer. pretty much.

LK1, If you are going to say Battleye is crap, Then come up with something better yourself first to put along with that argument. Otherwise shut your mouth.

we have a badass over here. plz calm down this aint 4chan.

for my personal experience, and im not the onlyone to think so since its full of battleye thread with negative feedbacks, this software simply doesnt work. i spent a lot of times in battleye protected server and its failing to detect cheaters.

Here we go again! Another one who hasn't yet understood that this game engine is so much different from any other that's out there.

i do understand that the game engine is pretty much different from any other game engine out there. so what now? if someone has a different idea about you its just because he fails to understand your point? once again: arrogance to a subliminal level.

But right, it's 100% the anti-cheat's fault. Maybe I should listen to people like you and simply quit?

do whatever you want folks. doesnt bother me.

BE's reputation is totally ruined anyway, regardless of it being so much better than VAC or PB.

well, that the first correct thing i saw in the last replies. just take a look around, check also other thread concerning battleye and you'll see how much is loved...:rolleyes: but that's because we fail to understand anything, obviously.

QUOTE=$able;2457788]

i already did that. more than 1 time.

It's not his software...

i didnt call it "marek spanel". i've just said that he worked on that software. your clarification is useless.

Clearly that isn't the case as you don't even seem to understand the distinction between scripts and external cheat programs.

actually he said that battleye isn't supposed to auto-detect cheats, but its up to script filters to do that.

we were not speaking about "external cheat programs". and anyway a program who needs to be updated by the players and plus which is not even able to detect "external cheat programs" (guess you are refering to some "trainer") its a fail. thats another case on which bis is refusing to do their job pretending that the community has to.

He doesn't mean post random videos of some accusation. He means links and information about working cheats.

and how do you proof if a cheats works or not without making a video...dude, your post ispiring irony and sarcasm. take a break plz.

funny how is calling "idiots" people with different ideas but at the same time he's making useless clarification and spreading no sense words in the last post. however thats a ban, pretty much. if you are not able to discuss with people just go back in your cave.

just a brief summary:

i said that BE sucks, basing my judgement on thousand of hours in mp. in servers running battleye.

you probably will say that: "those servers are not updated and bla bla bla". ok i could be wrong as you guys could. ill make a video on that.

i just would like to know, which is an easy question to be answered, how you guys came to the conclusion that BE works good.

because i litterally knows decades of players that could kill for a such statament.

Edited by *LK1*

ouch watch out, we have a badass over here. plz calm down this aint 4chan.

for my personal experience, and im not the onlyone to think so since its full of battleye thread with negative feedbacks, this software simply doesnt work.

i spent a lot of times in battleye protected server and its failing to detect cheaters. pretty much.

You aren't related to Marcus Prunell are you? Because I can't understand what the **** you are saying.

http://youtu.be/nf6oJ0KA4Ck?t=36s

Cheers

he said that BE works good to detect cheaters.. i just would like to know how he comes to that conclusion. i still want an answer. pretty much.

Perhaps by looking at the number of bans, which are handed out based on detections?

i didnt call it "marek spanel". i've just said that he worked on that software. your clarification is useless.

WTF does Marek have to do with this?

actually he said that battleye isn't supposed to auto-detect cheats, but its up to script filters to do that.

we were not speaking about "external cheat programs". and anyway a program who needs to be updated by the players and plus which is not even able to detect "external cheat programs" (guess you are refering to some "trainer") its a fail. thats another case on which bis is refusing to do their job pretending that the community has to.

OMFG.

What do you mean "not even able to detect external cheat programs"? That is what BattlEye does, and that is what its original purpose was. The filters you speak of are a completely separate (and relatively recent addition) feature of BattlEye. The core cheat detection feature has always been maintained by BattlEye, automatically updated and it has never required ANY configuration from server admins (or even exposed any such options) besides enabling BattlEye.

And WTF do you mean by "some trainer"? Once again, perhaps you need to investigate this before you start badmouthing someone else's work?

The only valid point you have in this entire babble is that BI isn't doing what they should be doing. I agree with that. I think I've explained what's up with that in enough posts on here already so I'm not going to bother with that again. But that isn't BE's fault, in any way. Oh, and you can't expect BI or BE to create filters for every mission type.

and how do you know if a cheats works or not without making a video...dude, your post ispiring irony and sarcasm. take a break plz.

Do you not think $able is capable of testing cheats himself to see if they are detected?

Your videos would be completely useless. They do not help in any way to actually create a signature for the cheat.

just a brief summary:

i said that BE sucks, basing my judgement on thousand of hours in mp. in servers running battleye.

you probably will say that: "those servers are not updated and bla bla bla". ok i could be wrong as you guys could. ill make a video on that.

i just would like to know, which is an easy question to be answered, how you guys came to the conclusion that BE works good.

because i litterally knows decades of players that could kill for a such statament.

Perhaps I've come to the conclusion BE is good because it works? Because I've seen it work? Because I have seen how fast new cheats get detected? Because I have seen how effective the filters are, when they're configured properly?

I also have thousands of hours of MP experience in A2 and a decent amount in A3... and from the other side of this (as a server admin). WTF does it matter?

the problem is right that: the be script filters. on which you guys from BIS dont have spent a singol min. of your work time since its up.

you obviously ignored the part where i made the PoC BE filters for dayzmod and kept updating them for nearly year ...

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

contrary to you, i know the number of bans (i doubt you know even the totals we revealed to public sometime ago) and which cheats are detected ...

if the video/screenshots can't be used to reveal what's done, then they are useless (way to easy to mock up fakes)

more useful is exact proof of concept, cheat code, cheat software, cheat website etc.

btw. claims like "undetected cheat" are extremely trustworthy :)

anyway waiting for your PM with "proof" of "undetected" cheat

Edited by Dwarden

no of course. i should believe him just because he's a developer...:rolleyes: you guys are so funny, seriously.

If you want actual proof go get it. Sign up on popular private hack sites and see the constant complaints about global bans for yourself. Then compare it to other games.

That might cost you money though, so I guess it's not an option for you. But obviously there is no "easy" way to get actual proof.

If you want actual proof go get it. Sign up on popular private hack sites and see the constant complaints about global bans for yourself. Then compare it to other games.

That might cost you money though, so I guess it's not an option for you. But obviously there is no easy way to get actual proof.

He could find those same complaints on other free sites too...

Perhaps by looking at the number of bans, which are handed out based on detections?

sorry, but the number of ban itself doesnt mean nothing.

WTF does Marek have to do with this?

:facepalm:

What do you mean "not even able to detect external cheat programs"? That is what BattlEye does, and that is what its original purpose was. The filters you speak of are a completely separate (and relatively recent addition) feature of BattlEye. The core cheat detection feature has always been maintained by BattlEye, automatically updated and it has never required ANY configuration from server admins (or even exposed any such options) besides enabling BattlEye.

thx. i know that the "external programs" ,like some trainer for example, and scripts are different things.

And WTF do you mean by "some trainer"? Once again, perhaps you need to investigate this before you start badmouthing someone else's work?

if you dont know what a "trainer" is why the hell you are still partecipating on this thread? use google.

Your videos would be completely useless. They do not help in any way to actually create a signature for the cheat.

perfect, because that was not the point of the video, in case ill make 1.

Perhaps I've come to the conclusion BE is good because it works? Because I've seen it work? Because I have seen how fast new cheats get detected? Because I have seen how effective the filters are, when they're configured properly?

BE will only discover the "first level" of hackers. the noobs who are typing "cheats for arma 2/3" in google.

you obviously ignored the part where i made the PoC BE filters for dayzmod and kept updating them for nearly year ...

yes. you right, i totally ignored it since i dont play dayz mod. do you made something similar for arma 2 and now for arma 3 or you guys prefer to spent more time on dayz just because you make more money from that? which is normal to me, is just business. but we were speaking about BE and the arma series here, not about dayz mod.

sorry, but the number of ban itself doesnt mean nothing.

Yes it means absolutely nothing, the number of users (well, keys) BE has caught cheating and banned means absolutely nothing about BE's effectiveness.

Are you even reading this shit?

thx. i know that the "external programs" ,like some trainer for example, and scripts are different things. unfortunately seems like BE its not able to detect them.

if you dont know what a "trainer" is why the hell you are still partecipating on this thread? use google.

Well if you know that, then clearly you're very confused about BE's role and BE's feature set.

perfect, because that was not the point of the video, in case ill make 1. lol...you made my day, thx.

Good, make the stupid video. What is the point of it then? To show that someone was still able to cheat? Well of course, what do you expect? Do you expect an anti-anything (this applies everywhere: from virus to spam to cheats) to block EVERYTHING? It's not possible. What's important is that BE does block the majority of them, and certainly the most commonly available ones.

You still haven't proposed a solution to this problem if BE is so bad.

BE will only discover the "first level" of hackers. the noobs who are typing "cheats for arma 2/3" in google.

Not even true. BE does a good job at detecting private/paid ones too.

yes. you right, i totally ignored it since i dont play dayz mod. do you made something similar for arma 2 and now for arma 3 or you guys prefer to spent more time on dayz just because you make more money from that? which is normal to me, is just business. but we were speaking about BE and the arma series here, not about dayz mod.

Perhaps he focused on DayZ filters because (as much as I hate to say this) DayZ was the most popular A2 mod? If you're going to invest resources in creating a filter set for certain missions/mods, is it not wise to start with the most popular one?

The real solution to this problem isn't the filters, it's to change the MP architecture. But that's a completely different issue and it's something only BI can do, not BE. The BE filters are the best possible solution under the current architecture.

I totally would have mistaken you for a DayZ player had your join date been somewhere around mid-2012 or later. :)

Battleye is not catching people that remotely inject (admins should be the only ones allowed to do this) scripts into the server and the server does not blocking them. Server-side event blocking is failing why? No one knows how to make their own filters and there are too many missions/mods being made to keep up with. People should not be asked to create their own filters in the first place. Why even create a game with a trojan horse back door, this should have been addressed a long time ago. Now I guess BI will say "they don't have the time to address this" (now that I've spent my money) and I'll be chastised in there forums. BI's credibility is at stake here...

Battleye is not catching people that remotely inject (admins should be the only ones allowed to do this) scripts into the server and the server does not blocking them. Server-side event blocking is failing why? No one knows how to make their own filters and there are too many missions/mods being made to keep up with. People should not be asked to create their own filters in the first place. Why even create a game with a trojan horse back door, this should have been addressed a long time ago. Now I guess BI will say "they don't have the time to address this" (now that I've spent my money) and I'll be chastised in there forums. BI's credibility is at stake here...

It's nice to see someone directing the blame to the appropriate party.

Since when are private cheat sites "first level" cheaters? It looks to me like you refuse to accept facts numerous users explained to you in this thread.

if the video/screenshots can't be used to reveal what's done, then they are useless (way to easy to mock up fakes)

more useful is exact proof of concept, cheat code, cheat software, cheat website etc.

btw. claims like "undetected cheat" are extremely trustworthy :)

anyway waiting for your PM with "proof" of "undetected" cheat

that's funny because "you still waiting for my videos" but at the same time you are saying that videos doesnt proof nothing since they can be fake and bla bla bla.

i wish to know why should i make a fake video to delegitimate BE and BIS games when im an hardcore gamer since ofp. that's pretty much hilarious.

Of course I don't listen to such people,

me neither, im just spending some time to contradict irrational opinions before someone else make the mistake to take them seriously.

but to be honest sometimes it's quite annoying when it feels like the majority of the DayZ community hates BE, not only because it can't fully prevent all the ridiculous script hacks, but also because so many supposedly get banned by BE "for no reason" (posted everywhere on the internet), which is even more beneficial for its reputation.

that's curious. i dont understand why you are speaking about the dayz community.

first: we are speaking about BE and arma series here.

second: if you are suggesting, which seems the case, that im part of the dayz community and that's the reason why i hate BE you are simply wrong. i play arma only, i dont like dayz mod.

third: im not complaining a supposed side effect of BE which seems to give bans for "no reason". im complaining the ability to detect cheats through BE filters.

bah funboyz, the real plague of this community.

that's funny because "you still waiting for my videos but at the same time you are saying that videos doesnt proof nothing since they can be fake and bla bla bla.

i wish to know why should i make a fake video ti delegitimate BE and BIS games when im an hardcore gamer since ofp. that's pretty much hilarious.

It's not even about whether the video is real or not. What would you expect BE or BI to do with some video showing some idiot dropping a bunch of GBUs from the sky? What new information does it provide to $able that would enable him to create a signature and detect a cheat?

that's curious. i dont see why you are speaking about the dayz community.

What makes you think he was referring to you specifically? He is right that the DayZ kids (nobody accused you of being one, BTW) think BE should be magic.

third: im not complaining a supposed side effect of BE which seems to give bans for "no reason". im complaining the ability to detect cheats through BE filters.

Complaining about the ability? Well yes, I suppose we would be much better off without this capability. Better remove it, then this guy will have no reason to complain about it!

My estimated IQ of you drops a few points every new post I read from you.

What's your suggested solution to battleye being "bad" then? BI use VAC? PB?

I can't remember the last time I got kicked from arma for "BattleyeB.exe Heartbeat #13446888953"

that's curious. i dont understand why you are speaking about the dayz community.

first: we are speaking about BE and arma series here.

second: if you are suggesting, which seems the case, that im part of the dayz community and that's the reason why i hate BE you are simply wrong. i play arma only, i dont like dayz mod.

I was talking about the DayZ community (which is still part of the overall ArmA community) because that's where most of the hate is coming from. I don't feel like the majority of the more informed ArmA community hates BE.

It's nice to see someone directing the blame to the appropriate party.

and noone has did the contrary. could you plz explain who directed the blame to the wrong party and why? :rolleyes:

and noone has did the contrary. could you plz explain who directed the blame to the wrong party and why? :rolleyes:

Yes, you (in your 20 dozen posts saying how bad BE is). And as for why? Because the issues with Arma's security model are _entirely_ BI's doings and fault. All BattlEye has done this entire time is go above and beyond with adding features to help with this, even going beyond what their actual responsibility is (which is detecting those external cheat programs).

That's you down to 3 IQ, One more shot then you are the most retarded poster on this forum