Sign in to follow this  
n3tc0mm

Some minor Flaws

Hi,

Was playing Take on Mars for about 3 hrs now and saw a few minor Flaws:

1.) When in outside Camera mode ©, descent rate wile Landing is at about 1.3 m/s, which is very slow. When changing to Rover Cam, descent Rate increases to about 5 m/s

2.) (Happened only once until now) When driving a longer Time Backwards (with Rover Cam), Turn left/right Keys suddenly changed positions. So left-Key was turning vehicle right...

3.) Sometimes you can start Missions with Vehicles, that do not hold the right Instruments to complete the Mission.

4.) (As mentioned before) Performance isnt too good when having lots of Rovers (7 +) landed

If I want to have more realism:

1.) Is it planned to program the Rovers routes like in the real Missions? There is no possibility to drive the Vehicles in realtime in the real life because Mars is too far away...

2.) How long does the Flight last to Mars in later Versions? Until now you have unlimited Rovers in Orbit, which you can Land on the Surface as soon as you need them.

3.) Will there be an Option to have a more realistic Vehicle Speed? They seem to be very fast.

4.) Is it possible to turn off the outside Views in a realistic Game-Mode? It doesnt make sense to invest Money in better Rover-Cams, when you can see Mars' whole beauty from outside View or Flyover (!) Cam. The Missions must be tweaked a bit, because some of them cant be made without the outside Views...

I know it is a game... Not a Rover Simulator for Nasa Engineers. Perhabs this realism could be an opt-in, so that some people can have fun wile exploring Mars in Lightspeed, and others can program ideal routes for their fragile realistic Rovers...

... Just my 2 Cent

Greetz, and go on with your good Work, N3Tc0mM

Hi,

Was playing Take on Mars for about 3 hrs now and saw a few minor Flaws:

1.) When in outside Camera mode ©, descent rate wile Landing is at about 1.3 m/s, which is very slow. When changing to Rover Cam, descent Rate increases to about 5 m/s

2.) (Happened only once until now) When driving a longer Time Backwards (with Rover Cam), Turn left/right Keys suddenly changed positions. So left-Key was turning vehicle right...

3.) Sometimes you can start Missions with Vehicles, that do not hold the right Instruments to complete the Mission.

4.) (As mentioned before) Performance isnt too good when having lots of Rovers (7 +) landed

If I want to have more realism:

1.) Is it planned to program the Rovers routes like in the real Missions? There is no possibility to drive the Vehicles in realtime in the real life because Mars is too far away...

2.) How long does the Flight last to Mars in later Versions? Until now you have unlimited Rovers in Orbit, which you can Land on the Surface as soon as you need them.

3.) Will there be an Option to have a more realistic Vehicle Speed? They seem to be very fast.

4.) Is it possible to turn off the outside Views in a realistic Game-Mode? It doesnt make sense to invest Money in better Rover-Cams, when you can see Mars' whole beauty from outside View or Flyover (!) Cam. The Missions must be tweaked a bit, because some of them cant be made without the outside Views...

I know it is a game... Not a Rover Simulator for Nasa Engineers. Perhabs this realism could be an opt-in, so that some people can have fun wile exploring Mars in Lightspeed, and others can program ideal routes for their fragile realistic Rovers...

... Just my 2 Cent

Greetz, and go on with your good Work, N3Tc0mM

On the topic of realism:

1.) something close to it has been confirmed here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160428-quot-Toggle-drive-quot-button&p=2455631&viewfull=1#post2455631

3.) In hard (realistic) mode speed is one third of what it currently is as confirmed here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160411-First-Impressions-folks&p=2456138&viewfull=1#post2456138

4.) Dram confirmed to me in a PM a while back that in hard mode all third-person cameras will be disabled meaning you have to rely purely on the equipment you have on the rover.

Hope that helps.

That helps a lot... Thanks for the Reply.

I think i will read a bit more before posting the next time. ;)