Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

Any new missions?

Well what has been bothering me is that although we are dealing with a great game indeed there don't seem to be enough missions. I mean there are some really astonishing ones but they are just a few and some of them require OA something which many of us have not acquired, myself included.

So I now it is not simple but it would really be great if someone with the required skills designed simple missions which do NOT require OA or Hinds. It would really be great. I mean there is an oil rig map for instance that has never been used. Why not make a mission of troop transportation on an oil rig captured by terrorists? It would be a great idea. Or just make some simple attack on an enemy building with helicopters and troops. Now that there are more players online it would be great if we would give them some even more motives. And if required I would really like to test mission if it would help.

Hope more missions eventually appear!

Many thanks to guys who have already spent time and have released some missions!

Any other mission suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Awaiting progress.:cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------EDITED--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is a shame indeed. As it seems there ain't much progress.

Anybody, with even the slightest skills, can't you help upgrade this game?

There has been a great while when nothing new has occurred. I believe that there should be an extra mission pack for this game. Why leave it aside? We should try to keep this game alive. Convoy Attack, Shapur Revisited, all great missions which have caused much fun. Can't there be more? Even the same ones with just some slightest changes?

The TOH supporters would really like to hear reports of some missions just in their first stages. Isn't there anything?

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

Like the troop transport terrorist thing, I will eventualy start working on some minor Missions after I research, practice and figure out New TOH Scripts....especialy the Waypoint built in scripts, so far I only figured out fast roping and attach slingload. but I will do my best to make some fun, interesting missions small or big. So just hang in there and keep your eyes on the forums in a few months :)

Like the troop transport terrorist thing, I will eventualy start working on some minor Missions after I research, practice and figure out New TOH Scripts....especialy the Waypoint built in scripts, so far I only figured out fast roping and attach slingload. but I will do my best to make some fun, interesting missions small or big. So just hang in there and keep your eyes on the forums in a few months

Some good news we have got here. After much time there really seems to be some future progress to take place. Taz9123 good luck with your scripting and I hope that you will soon be able to build missions, even simple ones. The majority of us know nothing about scripting so you are already having a great advantage. Now I would like to ask you something please. Can fast roping occur in multiplayer by online players?

I am not sure, again I am still novice, most missions I have ever made was for Arma 2 OA and they where all personal and not released. Ill try to find out for you, but from what I have found AI cant use Fast Roping via AI Pilot (Not confirmed) and so I am assuming a actual player may not be able to fast rope from a helo again not sure. Ill play around with the editor on the spare time I have. You can see some of the style missions I have made for another game called Men Of War Vietnam here http://www.moddb.com/mods/tazmodz . No longer play this game though, I spend my time with TOH, Arma 2, Arma 3, etc

You have to use special scripts to fastrope or to slingload in mp, and they only work for players. I do quite like the idea though of an oil rig assault. More missions would be nice but I am pushed for time at the moment to make them (almost finished updating convoy attack though, gonna add an A2 ammobox)

Ill try to find out for you, but from what I have found AI cant use Fast Roping via AI Pilot (Not confirmed) and so I am assuming a actual player may not be able to fast rope from a helo again not sure.

Thanks mate!

You have to use special scripts to fastrope or to slingload in mp, and they only work for players.

Now that is astonishing. I hope you guys can understand what we have here. Fast roping isn't even available in Arma 3!!!

Having something like this will greatly enhance how unique this game is!!!

Best of Luck with your creations!!!

Thanks mate!

Now that is astonishing. I hope you guys can understand what we have here. Fast roping isn't even available in Arma 3!!!

Having something like this will greatly enhance how unique this game is!!!

Best of Luck with your creations!!!

Have a look in the TOH editing scripts section. You will find scripts for MP fastroping, MP slingloading, and MP heli customization.

Just had a look around the oil rig, it is pretty useless to assault as you don't have much space to run around, half the ladders don't work, and you can't get to the lower decks/inside of any of the deckhouses.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Have a look in the TOH editing scripts section. You will find scripts for MP fastroping, MP slingloading, and MP heli customization.

I wonder why these scripts haven't being used yet. Whatever maybe in the near future.

Just had a look around the oil rig, it is pretty useless to assault as you don't have much space to run around, half the ladders don't work, and you can't get to the lower decks/inside of any of the deckhouses.

Too bad. Why make an oil rig map with the only structure being an oil rig and let it so.... simple?

I wonder why these scripts haven't being used yet. Whatever maybe in the near future.

They have been used, but not in many missions, on the madsin server, it is on the operation seagul mission as I recall. I have also added it into the convoy attack mission now. The funny thing about this, is that it was one of the A3 dev's that made some of those.

They have been used, but not in many missions, on the madsin server, it is on the operation seagul mission as I recall. I have also added it into the convoy attack mission now. The funny thing about this, is that it was one of the A3 dev's that made some of those.

A nice fact then. I hope that more missions are finally going to implement this element. Shapur Revisited for example sadly hasn't got fast roping.

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast