Sign in to follow this  
comc

No recharging while disconnected?

What I mean is, the rovers will not charge if you are disconnected from them. They should be able to charge without direct control from Mission Control, right? Even after using the time dilation for 12 hours, the percentage charged stays still. Makes it a little crazy to travel 1km to the next mission when you've barely got any juice at the moment.

What I mean is, the rovers will not charge if you are disconnected from them. They should be able to charge without direct control from Mission Control, right? Even after using the time dilation for 12 hours, the percentage charged stays still. Makes it a little crazy to travel 1km to the next mission when you've barely got any juice at the moment.

Only ways to charge is to sit idle as that rover, or drive another rover on the same map.

However: Rovers do not currently need a charge to operate, they will drive along and do their tasks fine at 0 power. I assume this is going to be the case until the recharging system is fixed.

Exactly as you said - recharging of batteries is currently work in progress and it is better to have operational rovers with depleted batteries than useless rovers which have to wait a long time to recharge. In missions where there is nothing else to do on the map it could be quite frustrating. Anyway it'll be fixed soon. ;-)