Sign in to follow this  
BladeRunnerX

Stone Apxs - Mission ref - 6275

Having trouble analyzing the Stone APXS in mission ref - 6275, the instrument HUD picks up the task, but does not seem to want to analyze, anyone completed that task? or is it a case of waiting for more tech? ta.

Having trouble analyzing the Stone APXS in mission ref - 6275, the instrument HUD picks up the task, but does not seem to want to analyze, anyone completed that task? or is it a case of waiting for more tech? ta.

Me too mate, i tried going up the sloped rock and flipped the rover over :| and because theres no way to get money once yuo can't afford a new rover to do the missions ill have to start again :P Another guy and I have reported it to Dram on the steam discussion I think hes looking into it

Thanks Hydra, appreciate the rapid response, thought I was missing something, I'll just twaddle along with another one in the mean time. Sorry to hear about your rover man :(, one of my wheels was in error mode since landing, but seems to be surviving :P.

Thanks Hydra, appreciate the rapid response, thought I was missing something, I'll just twaddle along with another one in the mean time. Sorry to hear about your rover man :(, one of my wheels was in error mode since landing, but seems to be surviving :P.

My first rover landing actually crashed and smashed into thousands of pieces :( I was sad, I've been seeing people recommending go into third person view and try backing into the rock and see if that works? I'm going to restart the program after dinner :) You learn new things with each restart! haha

For anyone having a problem, i figured the solution out, i noticed it with the smaller Stone APXS, the instrument needs to be flat and in contact with the stone rock, you cannot have space between the instrument and the surface. You might not be able to go head on with the surface due to the shape of the rover and its wheels, it seems to cause a issue, your better of trying from a side angle, or anywhere the surface goes in between your wheels. Bit fiddly, but it seems to work, and your better trying it from the third person camera. When its ready glows red, just hit the button.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/631913746605293800/52C07B12CEBEF3037CEE3FB93CFF4FE949BE692F/

For anyone having a problem, i figured the solution out, i noticed it with the smaller Stone APXS, the instrument needs to be flat and in contact with the stone rock, you cannot have space between the instrument and the surface. You might not be able to go head on with the surface due to the shape of the rover and its wheels, it seems to cause a issue, your better of trying from a side angle, or anywhere the surface goes in between your wheels. Bit fiddly, but it seems to work, and your better trying it from the third person camera. When its ready glows red, just hit the button.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/631913746605293800/52C07B12CEBEF3037CEE3FB93CFF4FE949BE692F/

Works with curiosity too?

I can confirm this, finally got it to work with Liberty.

Thanks man.

I just figured it out. The APXS is on the opposite end of the rover! You have to drive up to the rock then do a complete 180. The game doesn't exactly make it obvious where this device is. :annoy:

Also in the screen for the keybinds I've got two that say DEBUG, one for X, the other is for R, but I can't figure out what they do. Are they commands for the developers that have been left in?

I just figured it out. The APXS is on the opposite end of the rover! You have to drive up to the rock then do a complete 180. The game doesn't exactly make it obvious where this device is. :annoy:

Tutorials will be progressively added, so it will help sort out these issues. Also there will be an indicator to show you where the currently selected instrument is.

Also in the screen for the keybinds I've got two that say DEBUG, one for X, the other is for R, but I can't figure out what they do. Are they commands for the developers that have been left in?

The one for X lets you place debug markers, for debugging things like floating rocks and so on. Useful for mods. When held, R is basically bullet-time :)

You can see the rover drifting even though the wheels are turned in. It is only fractions of an inch but it is enough that the 'Don't move the Rover' message cancels out after about 10 seconds. I am not using it, but it is plugged in, if relevant I have a TM HOTAS Warthog joystick setup.

What I've found, is that if you still have the 6 wheel drive still active whilst trying to perform experiments, it will drift. Take it out of "drive" by selecting another tool.

The same is the case for 5238, the zone is wedged quite deeply into the rock in a position that's extremely difficult to get to, as the rover's wheels and solar panels stick out ahead of the APXS.

7y9S1Iv.jpg

I got a bit too overzealous in trying, too.

back slowly against the rock, ideally (if you can) in a place where it's sticking out so the instrument can touch the rock.

I do agree it's a very fiddly instrument, especially at the rear, i mean how are you supposed to do those first samples without 3rd person.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:53 PM, aeonfor said:

with the smaller Stone APXS, the instrument needs to be flat and in contact with the stone rock, you cannot have space between the instrument and the surface.  here

Thanks for the channel.These videos are helpful for learning how to use the tool.