Sign in to follow this  
ShaitonAKAShy

Microsoft 360 controller settings

To Bohemia Interactive. As you know the 360 controller is widely used as a choice for a gamepad with pc gaming. Before the official release don't you think you should have a default settings for gamepads like the 360 controller. I see the game recognizes the controller. Some many people in the beta are having trouble setting this up. We know the game is complex but setting it up and getting to the action should not be. It does help your support of the game by not have that feature.

For all other having this issue please reply so we can see if they are listening to our request.

Also for those who have figured out the best setting for the controller please share.:cool:

why not make a good default setting and post it in this thread?

some people only use the pad for driving / flying.

why not make 4 profiles: car / plane / ship / infantry...

post them here.. devs can review and implement and dont waste time for it!

I'm lost in the controller setup tab. Are the buttons assignable in the controller tab yet because all I see is sensitivity of axis zyx?

It's nice that we can fully customize the controls to our individual liking, but there really should be a default setup that just uses everything properly.

It's nice that we can fully customize the controls to our individual liking, but there really should be a default setup that just uses everything properly.

Ok maybe I am just tired but how do I assign the buttons to my liking for say, vehicles then?

Ok maybe I am just tired but how do I assign the buttons to my liking for say, vehicles then?

go to control options, select vehicles, then the control you want to assign, and press the button you want to be assigned. done. repeat the process for each individual control.

@Bee8190, be sure to first disable the controller in the lower box of the controller setup (I think it's something like 'controllers with scheme'). It'll then appear in the top box under customisable controllers. Now when you go back to the regular key binds you'll be able to press Xbox buttons in the same way you would keyboard keys when assigning them.

Me too, i tried to set up controls in the alpha some months ago but i gave up becouse the pc master race did not want to help to fix issues, even if there IS a way to set up arma 3.

i hope for BI to fix this issue before launch, because on steam will be listed as "xbox 360 controller supported" right under the "purchase" button.

i hope also that at least they fix the RT - LT issue with firing, and the controller setup shoud be able to switch buttons for flying/driving/infantry without the need for external programs, because we know that they can configure it in a day of work (at least should be that easy)

Right now there are 16 buttons total, + 2 analogue sticks, and they should be enough for infantry movement/shooting.

There is a 360 controller scheme in the controller options, but for helicopters it's pretty horrible (LB/RB for increase/decrease collective, triggers for rudder, left stick for up/down/left/right).. I wish they just used the ArmA 2 scheme (left stick collective, rudder, right stick up/right/left/down). Just create your own and figure out what works good for you.

Can we assign the RT and LT for throttle and brakes in vehicles and use it as axis, to actually dose the amount of input?

LT - Brake

RT - throttle

Left stick - Steering

Right stick - Free look / turret

X - gear down

B - gear up

A - lights on / off

Y - get in / out

LB - weapon change up / next

RB - weapon change down / previous

Ideal layout for driving vehicles imo

I use a program called Xpadder that turns the Xbox controller into a keyboard - I only reach to the keyboard to hit 'M' for map (ran out of buttons, lol).