Sealife

Take On Mars Troubleshooting

• The landing procedure is somewhat unreliable, the autopilot will sometimes go at crawl speed, or the skycrane will go completely apeshit and pancake into the ground.
  • The rock radiation analysis is very fiddly, i've had to turn around rocks more often than not to get it to register that it was at the right distance (even when it's touching).
  • Probes slide on slopes, and when they do they take off again and try to land again, it will sometimes happen because your probe arm lifted the probe a little bit off the ground.
  • Due to the previous point some probe photos are impossible to take without another probe.
  • Some of the "rock formations" photos seems impossible to take, both crosses are green but the rectangle will not light up.
  • The game tend to crash after an objective has been validated, the kind that brings a mission completion dialog especially.
  • Solar panels sometimes stop producing power when the rover isn't moving, which drains the chemical battery if you are manipulating the arm for example.

I would like to add that the rover can move even without power. (Only tested with solar energy)

EDIT: Check the feedback tracker to see if these have been reported and if not report them there!

Edited by Danefrak
I'm an idiot and forgot to mention feedback tracker

for some guys steam screenshot key seems to be blocked but still few folks uploaded their shots on steam, they used another method or for some its not blocked?

Cheers for the bugs, but please post them in the tracker

for some guys steam screenshot key seems to be blocked but still few folks uploaded their shots on steam, they used another method or for some its not blocked?

Should work, F12 from memory.

Umm, is there a way to fix the annoying landing speed? It is going 0.5m/s with 400m still left.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the 3rd person camera control is awkward. It's really hard to be precise with it - as it is in other BI games. It seems to spin out of control. Is this a setting issue or just the way the camera works?

Umm, is there a way to fix the annoying landing speed? It is going 0.5m/s with 400m still left.

Seems counter-intuitive at first, but have you tried using the slow-motion mode ("R" key)? I had the problem that the lander was not only slow, but actually flying upwards after a while. But once I press and hold R, it starts to accelerate towards the ground again.

If you have problems with your sky crane - it descends too slowly or climbs - try to change the physics simulation settings which can be found in the second folder of options menu.

Where can I find error/crash logs to include in my issue tracking submissions?

Where can I find error/crash logs to include in my issue tracking submissions?

Those are here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\STEAMIDNO\244030\local

Where STEAMIDNO is your steam id number

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Any word on what today's Steam patch included?

All changes are logged in the change log, which can be viewed in the game's main menu (bottom right - View Change Log button), though it is presently only available in the Development version, accessed via Properties->Betas->Development.

The fixes will be available in friday's major update, or are already available in the development build.

Otherwise, here is what has been fixed so far:

6th August 2013:

- Added TextListboxWidget functionality to script to edit contents of each column using SetItem()

- Added Feedback Tracker ID to issues in the Change Log

- Added more people to the Mission Control room

- Added scientists in white overalls to the Rover Lab

- Added several small side missions to Victoria Crater

- Fixed the issue where the variable Hotspot_CurHi could go below 0, causing a crash

- Fixed the issue where airbags deflated while still bouncing, damaging the rover FEEDBACK ID: 0000138

- Fixed the physics detail issue where small or medium rovers would not land FEEDBACK ID: 0000035

- Fixed the issue where switching from Space Program to Editor left you with a static camera FEEDBACK ID: 0000009

- Fixed a crash in the CTR tab when pressing SELECT and no items were present FEEDBACK ID: 0000016

- Fixed the terrain not meeting up with the rock walls in Gale Crater FEEDBACK ID: 0000023

- Fixed several levitating rocks in Gale Crater

- Optimized several shaders

5th August 2013:

- Added the Change Log viewer to the main menu

- Added 'Never freeze on alt+tab' launch parameter to Steam

- Fixed an issue with the Night Owl achievement, where an Editor-spawned vehicle could not complete it

- Fixed several issues with the Gravon arcade console

- Fixed the issue where the low resolution camera effect was carried over to the main menu FEEDBACK ID: 0000019

- Fixed an issue with the main and menu renders not filtering on resolution scales of greater than 1x

- Fixed levitating rocks in Kaiser Crater

2nd August 2013:

- Enabled the Gravon game console in the Mission Control room

- Fixed a crash with Index out of range (-4 >= 256) in scripts/Entities/VehicleWidgetHandler.h:108 FEEDBACK ID: 0000029

- Hid 3 achievements by default

1st August 2013:

- EARLY ACCESS RELEASED

Interesting thing I noticed after today's patch... when I loaded up my game, all the physics-enabled rocks had duplicates spawned over top of them. Physics engines naturally do NOT like this so they started hurtling everywhere like a million pieces of buckshot, and it took several games loaded before my rovers weren't clobbered. The same thing happened at the Beagle 2 and Mars 3 sites, there were two copies of every physics-enabled bit of debris. Very strange!

Interesting thing I noticed after today's patch... when I loaded up my game, all the physics-enabled rocks had duplicates spawned over top of them. Physics engines naturally do NOT like this so they started hurtling everywhere like a million pieces of buckshot, and it took several games loaded before my rovers weren't clobbered. The same thing happened at the Beagle 2 and Mars 3 sites, there were two copies of every physics-enabled bit of debris. Very strange!

Just fixed it, available in today's upcoming dev build

has anyone got sli working? my game runs fine on 1 card, but i just like to share the love

i put it to force alternate rendering ,and altho it did slpit the usage to %50 on both cards it then set up some massive mouse lag (aboot 2 seconds)

Large rover solar arrays don't appear to currently be working, at least not for me. I finally researched the large rover stuff, a little bit short on money so I went for solar arrays first rather than thermal generators, launched my fancy new rover and it immediatly exploded. Fortunately I saved before so I tried again but with the same result.. I went into the lab and tried to test the rover and the first thing that happens when I enter the testing range is that the solar panels fall off. There were no collisions that I could see but even so I tried building a new minimalistic large rover for testing purposes, nothing anywhere near the solar panels, but as soon as it entered the range the solar panels fell off.

So I guess they're not working optimally at the moment, thought I'd just bring this to everyones attention.

Hi guys, I'm having trouble running my TKOM. On starting all is good until I try click on anything in the menu and it crashes. Upon clicking on space program, it goes to loading screen then crashes.

Comes up with a crash info box:

Program: ...Library\steamapps\common\Take On Mars\TKOM.exe

Reason: Access Violation with a load of other text.

Then Windows joins in and in the APPCRASH mention it has a fault module name: enforce3_ltcg.dll

Any ideas? I have an i5, Windows 7 64bit 4 gigs RAM laptop with an Nvidia GeForce GT335M

Thanks guys.

Kind regards

Brad

Okay, further pinned it down. It happens when the program tries to go fullscreen. Also if it starts in windowed mode, if I trying alt-enter it to make it fullscreen, crashes. I'm on beta development option in steam. Hope this helps.

Okay found this now, seems its a reported issue with version 0.8.0262 http://mars.takeonthegame.com/feedback/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=408

Edited by brad.inggs
found current open report

Cheers for the report! We found the bug and it is fixed. A new version will be up soon.

So on the latest Developer patch, whenever I try to start a new game or scenario, instead of being put into a vehicle I'm instead put into free fly mode. Trying to change modes does nothing.

I flew around the demonstration map and found the astronaut I was supposed to be in. Here's a picture of a very dead astronaut to prove my point:

http://i.imgur.com/bUCWRN4.jpg (165 kB)

Edited by EleSigma

So on the latest Developer patch, whenever I try to start a new game or scenario, instead of being put into a vehicle I'm instead put into free fly mode. Trying to change modes does nothing.

I flew around the demonstration map and found the astronaut I was supposed to be in. Here's a picture of a very dead astronaut to prove my point:

http://i.imgur.com/bUCWRN4.jpg (165 kB)

I'm experiencing the same. Rover-based scenarios seem to work fine (mostly), but trying to start the campaign or the manned Isidis Base scenario always ends up in freefly mode.

Hey guys, yeah there was a major mess up in the update yesterday. We're fixing it right now - fix coming today.

For the latest version when you start a new campaign, on the Mars landing site map the two new locations don't appear (Ptolemaeus Crater, Isidis Planitia). I've found that saving and reloading the game causes the new locations to appear and be selectable.

Deimos has a texture problem on the site map, I didn't have the problem in the previous version. It currently looks like a space station. :P

http://i.imgur.com/IOe3263.png (1006 kB)