Sealife

Take On Mars Troubleshooting

Cheers for the report:

1) Isidis and Ptolemaeus are meant to be available later through the robotic phase:

once you research the Data Recovery Tool

2) Deimos looks... interesting. Will fix asap :)

Cheers for the report:

2) Deimos looks... interesting. Will fix asap :)

[FUNNY]Suggestion: Just rename it to Babylon 6 or DS-12. It's much less work! ;)[/FUNNY]

Nope. To be serious. I haven't see the issue till today. OK! I'm more working at a mission for Cydonia Mensae so I was more in the Editor, than in the main game.

I'm more working at a mission for Cydonia Mensae so I was more in the Editor, than in the main game.

I'm looking forward to the mission! :)

I'll keep you updated Martin. Ill PM you if I'm uploading into the workshop!

The Command "Photo" in the Command Sequence does not work. I have a "BI-WIDE1" Camera on my small rover but on typing the command "PHOTO BI-WIDE1" he gives me out "OK>ERR>NULL>NULL". "PHOTO BI-" is a "OK>ERR>NULL" while "PHOTO-BI-W" is "OK>ERR>NULL>NULL".

Hope I am not irritating :D

Hi. Chexk your spelling. ERR indicates a wrong term. Use the help table to get the right term to use.

Did you try biwide1 ?

Hyphon (TAPATALK client)

I haven't developed a Rover in Career mode yet but when I try the 1st 2 scenarios in the Rover and click on the Missions tab, the game locks up and I have to end task.

Latest public version of the game and file integrity in Steam is fine.

I am having a visual glitch in the main area and also the lab. The main area is much more apparent than the lab so I only took a cap of the command area. In the lab, non-background models don't appear at all, but the gui is still active. The main area is similar, in that I can still click on the three monitors. It looks like when soap is on water, the iridescence, but but it's not uniform. This happens every time that I enter campaign, without exception. I will post the cap when I can post links, so tomorrow.

If you need more information, feel free to ask. I tried to log into the bug tracker, but it rejected my login creds, so here I am.

Edit: It seems to be fixed now. What fixed it was changing the 3d resolution to 2x. It was on 1.9x for some reason. :/

Edited by playful1510
Fixed it.

Hello evr1,

Just bought game, played the past few days and love it.

Prior to purchase I did come across a few tutorials and forum questions with answers.

Having said that, first problem, I cannot post a new thread, or get on to feed back for suggestions; although am signed up with bohemia and able to reply to this for help.

Further identified problems/suggestions:

1: Intro, there have been concerns about what to do in the beginning screen to some, I had no problem understanding the jist of what is required, but maybe have the buttons to push for newbies flash, as a quicky lesson on how things work.

2: landing the small landers takes 4 or 5 times before it actually does land in some missions, so unless u have game saved, ur toast with budget and end of career.

In the meantime the lander hovers between 9.5 and 10.5 meters and runs out of fuel, lands, but does not initiate mission, bug.

Had to manually intervene repeatedly, sometimes crashing, for auto to take over and readjust, big loss in time and budget, end of career.

Am now at a point of needing help, have tried career mode 4 times now with different avenues, but there are not enough small missions to correlate with the costs of the teck tree to initiate new missions. I require the large lander 1250 cost right off the bat, for all of the instruments for the south pole, but only have 2100 credits left and the payoff is only 600 with a minor included.

Lastly, do I have to go through the whole career mode to be able to play the new update?

Would anyone be so kind as to help me out on these items please.

Thank you kindly

If you have still any zero-g probe or rover active, you can earn money by fulfilling random missions. Just connect with the vehicle and navigate to a point of interest on HUD. There should be some markers for exploration points, photos or scientific research goals. It's not much, but better than nothing.

Hyphon (TAPATALK client)

Hey all,

First, ty Hyphon, went too deep into one area of the skill tree, for large landers and acquired too many instruments for analysis to que missions.

I did redo career with small lander again, but added small rover and that hover thingy :o, brain melt; with only eas, did missions, then soil analysis did missions and so on.

That opened up all the higher paying missions and got me going.

I have had no problems with crashes, game installed, started and bingo am going great.

I do have all of the ms .NET frameworks, c+++ redistributables 2005 to 2010, and lates DirectX's.

win7 64bit I7 870 3.5ghz 8g Kensington matching fsb, 4 core 8 logical, NVidia 451 gs 1g with a fiber optic connection to the web.

Might I recommend blocking out items on skill trees until missions with prerequisites are done; listing the prereqs with a mouse hover.

K, wife's reading, getting back to being a martian....

Grizzlik

"my other girlfriend is a tomcat" x-Black Knights

With the latest Dev update, trying to load the updated Victoria Crater (manned) scenario causes the game to freeze while loading. It doesn't do this on any of the other scenarios though.

With the latest Dev update, trying to load the updated Victoria Crater (manned) scenario causes the game to freeze while loading. It doesn't do this on any of the other scenarios though.

Just tried at work and then at home, no issues here. It occurs to me though, please try and turn off all addons and mods, and see if that is the issue - many changes have been made which may have broken compatibility for now. If it still doesn't work, try verifying game data integrity. Please let me know how it goes.

Just tried at work and then at home, no issues here. It occurs to me though, please try and turn off all addons and mods, and see if that is the issue - many changes have been made which may have broken compatibility for now. If it still doesn't work, try verifying game data integrity. Please let me know how it goes.

I will try this, I've narrowed it down to the manned scout buggy. It freezes my game whenever I try to place it in the editor. So I will verify my data integrity soon.

Well I just uploaded a fixed and improved version of the Example Addon, which should get downloaded automatically if you have it subscribed. It was a source of crashes due to incompatibility, so perhaps now it will work fine. Let me know please.

Subscribed? I have the game set to "developer" mode so that it downloads the developer updates, if that is what you mean.

Anyways I didn't get a hotfix download I'm afraid, I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, then installed the latest developer update. It's still the latest update (minus the hotfix), so it crashes when I try to load the manned Victoria Crater scenario or try to place the scout buggy in the editor. I verified integrity with no success either. :(

Edited by EleSigma

Subscribed via Steam Workshop - when you start the TKOM Loader, not the list, do you have any mods/addons in the list that are enabled?

Will you fix the mouse lag/smoothness/delay, whatever you will call it , before release?

At the moment it feels like steering the mouse pointer is a bit like a realistic Mars mission with a 16 minute delay :)

Will you fix the mouse lag/smoothness/delay, whatever you will call it , before release?

At the moment it feels like steering the mouse pointer is a bit like a realistic Mars mission with a 16 minute delay :)

We have looked into this in the past but the issue actually seems not to be engine-side. This makes it very difficult to formulate a viable solution, but we're hoping to re-visit this issue, though finishing the game takes priority.

We have looked into this in the past but the issue actually seems not to be engine-side. This makes it very difficult to formulate a viable solution, but we're hoping to re-visit this issue, though finishing the game takes priority.

After some testing I figured out that the post process setting is the culprit for me. Turn that down or completely off will reduce the lag a great deal.

It's still there but at least it's playable now.

@Dram: Because we are talking about graphics right now.

Any plans to add directx 12 support and use of huge amount of video memory (3GB and more) in a bigger update?

Or too early to even think about that?

@Dram: Because we are talking about graphics right now.

Any plans to add directx 12 support and use of huge amount of video memory (3GB and more) in a bigger update?

Or too early to even think about that?

Yeah I think I can safely say that won't happen unfortunately. That would mean big changes, and very much outside of the scope of the project.

Yea... So.... i have this creepy bug called

Can't load config 'ccsettings.xml' because of 'Error document empty'
now i tried the following:

• Varefying Gamecache
  • Coppying TKOM_loader.exe, ccsettings.xml, wb_settings.xml, playerID\244030\local\ccsettings.xml from a person with a working version.
  • deleting .xml files and veryfing again or just trying to launch the game.
  • changing the setting mannually to load a custom profile >> <misc subtitles="1" currlanguage="English" profile="KBBW">
  • reinstalling my game
  • deleting the TKOM_loader.exe and verefying

error.log says this:

---------------------------------------------

Log G:\Steam\userdata\123655228\244030\local\error.log started at 12.12. 23:30:06

Loading config '$profile:ccsettings.xml'

Can't load settings ./ccsettings.xml

Filesystem.log says this:

---------------------------------------------

Log G:\Steam\userdata\123655228\244030\local\filesystem.log started at 12.12. 23:37:06

23:37:06:0688 R .\ccsettings.xml

23:37:06:0689 W G:\Steam\userdata\123655228\244030\local\ccsettings.xml

23:37:06:0691 R G:\Steam\userdata\123655228\244030\local\ccsettings.xml

note that the logs only hold the last error report logs as i deleted all in the local file to try to fix it.

is it possible to get a proper fix for this or atleast a hotfix?

it says on steam played 10 minutes as though its acctually not playing just looking at the error message

Edited by KBBW123