Sign in to follow this  
nikssims

Space program mode, can we chose where we land our rovers?

In the Space Program mode, can we chose where we land our rovers? Or can we do that at all? Exept in the editor. I cant wait for the game :)

Hi, yes you can choose where to land them (bad idea for landers, as you can send them completely elsewhere of their mission objectives)

Is the elipse around the location the error elipse? I was landing a probe on a crater rim and I moved this elipse slightly north so that it didn't overlap the crater (but still stayed within the bounds of the objective). Had a thruster error on descent and ended up 200m away, now I don't think any of the mission objective are achievable :(

Is the elipse around the location the error elipse? I was landing a probe on a crater rim and I moved this elipse slightly north so that it didn't overlap the crater (but still stayed within the bounds of the objective). Had a thruster error on descent and ended up 200m away, now I don't think any of the mission objective are achievable :(

The ellipse is the landing ellipse, the area within which it will land. The center point is where it has the highest probability of landing, as can be seen in the real Curiosity landing ellipses (it shows old and new):

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/658668main_pia15685-full_full.jpg

In Take On Mars the accuracy of landing is very high, but of course an error during landing may cause it to land elsewhere (emergency landing).